I'm looking for an affordable relatively newish V6 sedan

I'm looking for an affordable relatively newish V6 sedan.

I'm considering the Charger AWD 8spd Pentastar V6. I don't need the absolute fastest car on the road. These do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds which is plenty for me.

Should I get one? Camry and Accord may drive better and may be more reliable, but they're fucking boring as shit.

You have it backward I think. A camry or accord with a 5 speed will be more fun to drive. Charger isn't even available with manual and it's too heavy for the v6 to really be much fun in with an automatic but it will ride nicer and get you through bad weather more reliably.

Dodge is continually at the bottom 5 of the Consumer Reports reliability survey year after year, btw.

I do like the way it looks, though. It's just not a very good car when compared to the Accord, which is the best in class IIRC.

>trusting consumer reports

when my car was hit by some guy and getting fixed my rental was a 2014 V6 charger
theyre slow and heavy although the interior was pretty comfy

dodge has ALAWAYS been at the bottom

the fucking auto workers show up drunk

do you think that shit flies in germany or japan?

On an added note, I think the Accord sport looks very nice. It's very sleek and professional looking.

So you get nicer cars for less money with a somewhat greater maintenance responsibility

I swear to god all the Chrysler bashers must not even know where their hood release is.

I used to be like them until I drove a Charger RT. They're big and comfy and don't look like estrogen on wheels, that enough is a selling point to some.

>Reliability

Most people buying Dodge know this but don't mind or care because they like the product. Post some consumer satisfaction ratings and we'll talk.

Accord has an excellent powerplant and drives well but the exterior and interior are bleh as fuck, literally invisible on the road.

an old awd gallant or old legacy

>OP asks for relatively newish
>recommend old pieces of shit

I swear some people never even read the OP

The Altima has practically the same 0-60 time as an Accord and IMO the most appealing of the bunch IF i had to choose.

Only wannabe street racers and niggers buy v6 economic sedans for that reason. I highly recommend you look into the more reliable V4s and thank me later when you can eventually save enougg money to afford a decent weekend car to drive crazy in.

>V4s

Get off of my Veeky Forums you fucking normie.

The Pentastar is absolute garbage.

How about a Golf GTI? They're fantastic. Subaru Legacy is a great car too. Sorry they're not V6 but they have plenty of power.
You might also check out the newer Nissan Maxima, just stay away from the CVT.

Oh yeah if you want to go American check out the Lincoln MKZ if you got the cash.

>don't look like estrogen on wheels
>M-muh manliness. Gotta be intimidating. No feelings here, nope.

Did you even read what I was replying to?

In case you were wondering, I daily a C33 Laurel to and from my chill ass office job. Ask me about v6 sedans lol or how escape minimum wage before you're 30.

Give you some tips on a good v6 sedan.
>It's a V6, don't worry about minimuscle cars like a charger
>The point of a V6 is to not have to drive a 4cyl shitbox while still getting decent econ and fun
>Buick Lacrosse, Toyota Camry/Avalon, V6 Altima/Maxima are going to be highly reliable newer production V6s
>Mustangs, Chargers, etc. are part of the reason Ford and Dodge are near the bottom of the reliability list

Let's be real, Ford and Dodge make amazing cars, but for pure reliability you want to look somewhere like Buick, Toyota, Honda, etc.

>literally invisible on the road

>Dodge Charger v6 does 5 over the limit, cop spots and tickets from 4 miles away through heavy traffic flow
>Nissan Altima or Buick Lacrosse pass cop going 10 over the limit, doesn't notice/care.

The whole point of this car is the V8. If you don't get it you might as well get an accord. The V8 will depreciate less/slower too.

Please name me one common car that has a v4 engine

>V4
are you fucking retarded?

I read it but didn't give a shit

Get a turbo legacy or gallant vr4 op

>The point of a V6 is to not have to drive a 4cyl shitbox while still getting decent econ and fun

This guy gets it

I love how all the busriders here are all like "V8 or bust" when they probably couldn't even afford to lease a Nissan Sentra.

But the V6 feels like a 4cyl shitbox because the car weighs so much.

An Altima was clearly mentioned.

You could buy an inline 6 for a fraction of the price and not have to ride the bus for the rest of your life.

Buddy, there are only 5 cars in all of history that had a v4, and an Altima isn't one of them.

Sure thing buddy, name a 4 cylinder full size sedan that can get up to 60 under 7 seconds. Full size, not mid size, not compact.

>Full size

How fat are you? Stupid burgers

you're just embarrassing yourself now.

So what all goes wrong exactly on these pentastar chargers? Is the 8spd auto acting up? How about the AWD system?

Considering scooping up one of these for a comfy all-season commuter, would consider an RWD variant, or perhaps even an older 5spd variant if that decreases potential for problems. Although my understanding is that the old transmission really held the car back, the gearing on the 8spd really allows the 3.6 to shine.

>Automatic V6 Charger w/ AWD
>not boring

Might as well just get the Camry.

>6.5 seconds

Holy shit, it's as slow as my 17 year old Buick.

What's your price range

Why not Camry V6?

The more you research how they arrive at their ratings for car - related stuff the dumber they get. They're decent for like vacuum cleaners but definitely not automotive ratings.

Get an Infiniti; they're comfy as fuck and fun to drive. Nissan engines aren't what they used to be, but it's not like it'll blow up on you. My '05 G35 does 0-60 in about 5.5. Top speed is in the 140's.

>Not buying a Lexus.

git gud

Sort of my point, if you're going to get a V6 that goes 0-60 in >6 seconds, you might as well get a comfortable Buick, Camry, Maxima, etc. These cars are not only far more reliable, but also more comfortable to drive, quieter, under the radar, and better daily drivers in general.

There's nothing wrong with a V6 sedan, you don't have to try to be cool by getting a charger.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a little room. Just because we aren't twink manlets doesn't mean we don't want a full sized sedan for convenience and comfort. Besides, some people have families, more than a couple friends, groups, hobbies, etc.

This is the official "I'd like to speak to your manager" car.

This

Everything listed fits that category. They're all cars I'd advise my wife to buy, not for myself or a friend.

Dont listen to these fags. Get the Charger.

>consumer report reliability

You mean the ones where random stupid shit like software glitches and and other inane bullshit are considered "reports".

My mother has a 2016 Fit and this piece of shit constantly has a drained battery. Waiting for the third time so I can claim lemon law.

I find it ironic my mom is European and ever since she moved to America she laughs at the small hatchback shit cars while she drives her SUV. Constantly makes fun of how prevalent the small hatchbacks are over there.

Says the person without a drivers license living in the suburbs

Comparing an N/A engine to a supercharged engine...

Come on now user....

turbo 4 banger econoboxes can be fun, especially the various "sport" models that give better tires and suspension.

you be surprised at what a Jetta Sport is capable of with only a 1.8t.

Get a tune and youll be as fast as the V6 charger in a straight line while also getting ~40 MPG highway.

lol you know what he meant tho. funny thing is he has a good point and the only way you autists are able to do is argue semantics because the closest you'll ever get to owning a good car is a mazda 3.

>looking for a sedan
>buying a sedan
>muh visibility, muh presence

Sedans are shit. What are you, a taxi driver? that being said, I'd get a charger. It isn't completely awful even though you'll look like a 40 year old dad who's wife cucked him into getting a sedan instead of a sports car. Either that or a nigger.

G37s sedan 6MT or 335i sedan is what you should be looking for.

I dunno, most n/a v6s in this decade blow it away, sounds like the charger is a pig

No, it's the car the manager drives.

SUVs are hatchbacks too.

Get a V6 Accord. Much better build quality and handling than a Charger. Also probably more luxurious on the top trims.

Those wheels are notorious for being stolen.

The biggest niggers drive Accords. Altimas are better but either way op is gonna be trying to appear in ppl's blind spots every chance he gets in his econobox stoplight manchild drag racer

>Altima
>CVT
Kill yourself

Look at this dumb faggot that can barely afford a Yaris talking about 4 doors.

Cuck benchracer memes itt