What is the best car era and why is it the 50's American cars

What is the best car era and why is it the 50's American cars

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1py3n5G3oZJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like late 60s, early 70s. The boomer prime time.

I like late 70s American muscle. A lot of people are put off by the merging of "plastic" and steel, but to me it lends them a unique feel. Like some kind of mutant half breed.

But 70's cars are gutless

I don't comprehend your meaning.

With all stock equipment, yes. It's pretty easy to take off the emissions equipment and modify them.

slow gaudy and overhyped to hell

the most American maybe but the cars were shit

Veeky Forums is an auto enthusiast board for people who enjoy a certain amount of danger driving whether it be a muscle car, motorcycle or going on the track. If you want to drive your safety, luxury, nu-male car and never experience the thrill of driving go ahead, but don't shitpost here.

tryhard af

Why are you even on Veeky Forums if you don't like restoring, racing, modifying or learning about / seeing historical vehicles?

Fuck off with your econobox somewhere else.

>unsafe at any speed

why do you think auto enthusiasm is limited to the old (complete) shitboxes you like

fuck off with your tryhard faggotry

The parts of being a vehicle hobbyist that don't include historical vehicles or restoration are limited to modifying and racing.

Otherwise you're just some fag with a normal vehicle with no time investment in your hobby.

Have you ever rebuilt or restored anything on a vehicle?

>dat Cunningham

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

>you cant look at modern cars

your old car isnt special its just old
you arent any better than someone with a new econobox

in fact youre probably worse since your car is a slow road hazard that pollutes and guzzles gas

working on cars is an annoying chore and the few times Ive done it were shit

why so tryhard?

Exactly, that's why I daily drive a shitbox commuter car and have a weekend driver to work on as well. The weekend driver is what makes me a hobbyist.

>working on cars is a chore

If something feels like a chore, then it's probably not a hobby you should pursue.

Falling for bait this hard

good thing its not a hobby I pursue outside of discussion and photos then

I got completely burnt out on driving and working on them and I am perfectly fine with that

Stop taking his bait. He's obviously a mongoloid teen who got lost on the way to /v/, just judging by the way he types and tries to use tryhard as an insult.

they all remind me of old washing machines and ovens

This is you

vocaroo.com/i/s1py3n5G3oZJ

what if I said I like old cars and am semi decently knowledgble about them but I like shitposting more

Still safer than an import of that year.

@15797634
Shoo shoo, no (You) for you.

biggest engine Ive ever had was a 5.0 and its slower than my current 2.2 lel

and I highly doubt that since Volvo was around with their innovative (for the time) seat belts

American cars have usually been far behind and survived on blind patriotism and cheapness

>2.2

It better be an audi

no like Id buy an Audi

Look at this faggot over here
Get gud at driving

MFW
>American cars
>From the boomer years
>Should be at the crusher being turned into modern machines
>Or at the bottom of a hole in the desert like the EV1 to keep embarrassing their makers
>Ugly as sin designs that make people gag

Let's see what you like

The EV1 literally did nothing wrong and what happened to it was entirely the result of self-sabotaging by GM and oil interests.

50s were so fucking good. Possibly my favorite era.

audi 2.2 is best 2.2

If caddies has manual on the cts and the ats it would be right now.
>big v8 while everybody is a turbocuck
>managed to be just as good as the foreign concurrence despite being cheaper

In the '50s all American cars were the same body on frame, solid axle, leaf spring tubs, and they simply went overboard with styling and details and interior comfort. I like the '60s in American cars far more when they actually tried themselves at new technology like IRS, unibodies, aluminium blocks, turbos and all that stuff and toned down the ridiculous styling.

> picks x frame car known for weak structural rigidity
> still cheaper to put back on the road than the new car

Ok

I don't plan on taking my Nomad to the Battle of Kirsk so it's all good

Fake 50's clothes
Fake 50's food
Classic gas-guzzling dream cars
In more ads on the tube
Fake home-made cookies
Like Mommy used to make
Nostalgia for an age
That never existed

>tfw drive-ins are dead
>now everything's a drive through and take home service for an increasingly segregated society

I don't know, it doesn't feel the same. Probably just nostalgia for a past I never witnessed.

the 50's were a shit decade though

There was nothing not great about them while they occured. The only thing that's not great about them is their effect on following times. The excess and consumerism introduced then is what's damaging societies and economies now. But at the time everything was flawless.

Why does everyone keep shitting on the 50s in here? Is it just to be different? If I posted a thread saying why are the 60s so goat, would every reply be why it was so shit?

Veeky Forums only genuinely likes the '90s and in a retro hipster aspect the '80s.

the 50s were shit

USA didnt get worthwhile til the mid 60s

And why is that?

Late-40's postwar stuff is cool, too.

Immediate post-war stuff is completely irrelevant because the war losers built almost no cars at all and Americans just continued to build pre-war models for another few years. It took until '49 for most of them to churn out anything new at all, and it took until well into the '50s for any actual technological change like widespread high output V8s and creature comforts.

>it took until well into the '50s for any actual technological change like widespread high output V8s
oldsmobile rocket, 1949

>widespread
The Rocket V8 was just the forebearer.

[citation needed]