He was the hero the Empire needed, but that it did not deserve

He was the hero the Empire needed, but that it did not deserve.

There's literally no reason to convert back to paganism other than a butthurt resentment towards Christianity

>not wanting sacred temple prostitutes to make a comeback
>not wanting a religion that is actually more in tune with how people are then focused on making them into something they can never actually be

Don't get me wrong, polytheism is ultimately as unverifiable as monotheism is; but frankly the abrahamic faiths have little to offer me that actually interests me.

Julian had more to offer beyond his return to paganism. His administrative reforms, his prudence in financial and legal matters - he was honestly on par with Marcus Aurelius.

Julian was an honorable man. Among many things, he:
-Fired all the useless courtiers and eunuchs and intriguers from the Imperial court to prevent them from enriching themselves from state funds
-Opened up inquiries in order to purge the Imperial bureaucracy of corruption and incompetence
-Attempted to steer urban centers away from the Imperial teat and to make the local governments much more self-sufficient (at this time, the Imperial government was wasting an incredible amount of money on subsidizing food for the entire Empire); attempted to devolve power back to the local governments (wise move, since many local governments were now so reliant on the Imperial government that they could not even respond to local matters)
-Attempted the return to paganism and to steer the Empire back to its tradition of philosophy and art, which the growth of Christianity - with its rejection of everything and anything remotely associated with the pagans - had stopped

10/10, husbando material.

>steer the Empire back to its tradition of philosophy and art, which the growth of Christianity - with its rejection of everything and anything remotely associated with the pagans - had stopped

Is this a troll post or what?

Go worship your dead kike somewhere else bizzyecucks

No seriously though, I want to know if this is trolling because it's not like Roman culture evaporated after they converted. I mean the Roman Catholic Church maintains imperial Roman culture to this day. So did I take the bait? What is going on here?

I came here to cataphract you.

Yeah that was the part of the post I kinda lost agreeing with him. Christianity didn't necessarily freeze advances in philosophy and art, a more accurate description would probably be they took anything they liked from the pagans and shamelessly claimed it as their own

>The idea that only good exists and evil's merely the absence of good was heavily borrowed from Neo-Platonists
>Celestial hierarchies extending from the almighty "one", down through a pantheon of lesser gods/Angels/saints/prophets was already extremely common with pagans and Jews
>The emphasis on written scripture obviously was taken from Judaism, as opposed to prioritizing cult rituals like most Greeks and Romans did
>Christians converting temples and synagogues into churches

Etc.

The difference is that Jesus is a real person.

>

You mean Jesus was a real person?

Is.

Why don't you like Julian?

>not understanding the gods as platonic forms
>he thinks educated pagans actually believed zeus lived in a cloud and threw thunderbolts

Good example of what was talking about. Here we see a depiction, I assume done so in praise, of the dumbshit iconoclasts who destroyed priceless pagan culture and art so that they could put a shitty crucifix or whatever in its place.

Yes but that's the difference: Jesus isn't a platonic form but a real human being.

I think Shapur II doesn't like Julian because the Roman Emperor was using his entire Anti-Persian campaign as a propaganda ruse to win support of the eastern legions who weren't fully committed to him after his taking of the purple from his predecessor and on top of that rejecting several diplomatic overtures from the Persians while flagrantly breaching the past treaties between the Romans and Persians while Shapur II was busy putting down a rebellion in the eastern frontier. Maybe.

Ok yeah, Jesus was a real person, I'm not sure why you find this so compelling.

He's lives user.

Surely your preaching would be more fruitful at an old folk's home or elementary school or something.

May our Lord lead me wherever He pleases.

Fuck off, Christcuck

Reminder that Julian BTFO Christianity so bad they buried his works and purposely didn't rebuke his stronger arguments.

>Tfw we will never get to read Against The Galilaeans

This. Cyril of Alexandria - the Church father - admitted himself that he had not even copied down the most convincing and weightiest of Julian's arguments for fear of letting people see them.

heretic

>"heretic"

Maybe he means the iconoclasts

dat duckin Cyril...