How did Manchus go from the rulers of China to an irrelevant people with an extinct language?

How did Manchus go from the rulers of China to an irrelevant people with an extinct language?

They started speaking Chinese

Sinicization. Also many of the Manchu Generals were Hans who were dissatisfied with the Ming to begin with

Communism is a hell of a drug.

Did the Manchus ever try to Manchu-tize the Han?

That would be counterproductive to the aims of the the Aisin-Goro dynasty and the Manchu upper class. Imagine if Caesar after crossing the Rubicon declared all patrician gens in Rome had to wear Celtic style trousers, grow out their mustaches in Celtic fashion and make sacrifices to Taranis on the ides.

They alrdy did
There is a reason why the Changshan and
Cheongsam are a thing and considered the 'De
Facto' Chinese Ethnic Dress.

The Worst are the fucking weirdass pigtail hairdoes they forced every Chinese male to wear during that time.
If they don't, they get beheaded.

Some parts of the Manchurian script and lingo
got absorbed into the Chinese language as well.

No, they were a minority ruling a majority only through somewhat adopting the customs of the majority. They tried to preserve Manchu culture by keeping Manchuria for Manchus, and taking retreats to the homelands ever once and a while, but their appeals to Chinese tradition ultimately lead to their downfall. The necessity for modernization brought about by the western industrial revolution (and known the Opium Wars) was a paradox: either they modernize, and forfeit their right as rulers, or adapt and lose that right. That, topped with ineffectual rulers near the end of their reign, caused a century of rebellions and foreign wars that brought the whole thing tumbling down so hard Westerners still consider the Chinese backward savages.

Was not genocide the entire of Han Chinese their biggest mistake ?

The qipao/cheongsam thing wasn't a conscious mandate to Manchu-nize the Han. It was just a fashion trend that stuck around.

What Manchu script and lingo got absorbed into Chinese?

>extinct language?
Holy shit! I looked up and there only ten (10) native speakers.

I wonder how it feels to be the last of your people.

It is not.
Go Read up on the Fall of Ming.
There was a reason why the Hanfu became reserved for court officials/religious/philosophical figures when the Qing got established.

The Fucking Pigtail, Changshan or Cheongsam
is not adopted becuz of its aesthetics, it is
forced upon the Chinese on the pain of death.

See: The origins of Checked tones in Northern Chinese dialects

Many of the Qing-era novels/literature were written in subject–object–verb (SOV) form

Apparently, some historians posited that tenses came from the Northerners (Proto-Manchurians/Gokturks/Jurchen)

they should have

t. korean

Manchus now are mostly Han Chinese who sneakily became Manchus in order to reap benefits from the central government. When the central government established new ethnic autonomous townships and counties in the 70s and 80s, entire towns were forced to become Manchu overnight even if they were Hans whose only ancestors came from Shandong or Hebei just two generations ago. Also, within the Manchu banners themselves, around 60% of the people in the Eight Banners were already Han Chinese, but many of these Hans were sinicized Jurchens or Mongolic peoples whose ancestors lived there since Yuan times. Manchus in the northeast during Qing times were already a minority less than 20% of the population. In the fall of the Qing through the Manchukuo era there were waves of immigrants from Shandong and Hebei. After Mao took power, there were even more immigrants that took over and colonized traditional Manchu lands, making real Manchus, those who had actual Jurchen descent less than 2% of the population of the (((northeast))).

t. Northeasterner

Only the queue was mandatory,Hanfu was only banned as court dress.

There's pictorial evidence Hanfu was still used by peasants.

>t. butthurt Sinoboo, probably some Chinese immigrant living in Australia/the US where he gets to spew his rubbish unlike if he were back home

So basically the whole thing is a clusterfuck and they might as well be the same people?

Well there' real Manchus and 'census Manchus'

There are still quite a number of actual Manchus around, but the official figure that reports 10 million Manchus? I would wager that about 90% of them are Han Chinese who had one great-grandmother or auntie who is Manchu, recording themselves as full Manchu on censuses to get that ethnic minority benefit.

m8, calm your tits. I'm Chinese. I never heard of anything about our Manchu overlords trying to make us like them by making us wear qipaos. The cheongsam is definitely a fashion thing. It's as Manchu as a frat party toga is to an ancient Athenian. The Fucking Pigtail as you so eloquently put it is the only signifier the Aisin-Goro made us adopt on penalty of death.

Interesting stuff about the SOV tense though.

>Did the Manchus ever try to Manchu-tize the Han?

JUST

FUCK

MY

SHIT

UP

11分10 saved

>who had one great-grandmother or auntie who is Manchu, recording themselves as full Manchu on censuses to get that ethnic minority benefit.

Kek I knew a guy like that too. Always brought up how he was related to the Golden horde. Like, nigga we're all 1/18th related to the Golden horde. Dude did look super Mongolian though, I'll give him that.

Lol pretty much all ethnic minorities in China are going to get cucked so hard.

There is a shortage of 30 million women among the Han Chinese. Where are they going to get 30 million women from? Ethnic minorities

Pretty much by 2050 there won't be any more pure ethnic minorities left, only mixed Han Chinese. You can say bye bye to Tibet, Inner Mongolia and the East Turkestan, since all those males there are going to get cucked out of existence

Can't wait to see those Uyghur muslime shits get cucked into eternity by kaffir haram Han Chinese dicks

Hanfu was only allowed to be used for scholars/Confucianists/Daoist priests/Buddhist monks/Court officials/royalty etc.

There were some areas (Former Southern Ming strongholds) that still used the hanfu. But overtime, they got assimilated and adopted the qipao. The Manchus were much more lenient to the Chinese who surrendered or converted to their cause.

Russia has a surplus of women lol
20 million more women than men
Are they going to get cucked too?

Shoo shoo silly sexpat

It just makes me so happy as a Korean to see the chinks completely BTFO'd and china completely ruined. Chinese will never recover from the damage down to them by Mao during the culture revolution. They're forever relegated as an inferior slave peasant race to whites, Koreans and Japanese. When I see a Chinese on the streets of Seoul I will tell them to bow down to me, because we don't consider them humans. Just disgusting little fleas. Whenever I see a name like Wang Chong Ho, I know that name stands for a shit-tier subhuman

It still doesn't change the fact that they are are a super power, while Korea will forever be a small country getting fucked by superpowers.

Country like China, Russia and India may be shity, but they will always be at a higher tier than you little shits.

Japan was your overlord, and now is America. How does it feel knowing you'll always be someone's slave?

I agreed, chinks are sub-human tier, it's better to eradicate all of them from the surface of earth

>Hanfu was only allowed to be used for scholars/Confucianists/Daoist priests/Buddhist monks/Court officials/royalty etc.
Name one edict that banned the usage of Hanfu for the populace.

Manchu clothing was fashionable amongst the local gentry and the commoners followed suit.

It was the will of Heaven.