Redpill me on the miata. Why do people go so nuts over these things?

Redpill me on the miata. Why do people go so nuts over these things?

>le redpill me I am so stupid I can't use Google XDDD
Kill yourself faggot. Only homosexuals like the miata

becuase they are rwd, they handle really well and are cheap.
That's pretty much it, you can delete the thread now.

There has to be more to them than that. Why not just buy one of the toyobaru twins then?

I don't get why people are fanatical over a really old, unsafe car.

Its the standard entry level track car for people that actually race irl. You cam beat the shit out of them surprisingly despite being gay little convertibles.

>Why not just buy one of the toyobaru twins then
Did you read my post?
CHEAP
I bought my miata fur 1.5k, good luck finding a toyobaru for 1.5k.

Because they're better cars than the toyobaru?
Price doesn't equal quality, ask the Germans.

They last long, they are simple, light and sporty, easy to maintain and modify, easy to resell.

Americans think they are gay because they prefer fat cars with shit tons of power because 'Murica.

>Unsafe
They're not unsafe to drive, just unsafe to crash. Don't drive into things and you're fine.

$10-20k really isn't a lot of difference, it's not like I said why don't people buy a Ferrari. How poor are you?

It fits the criteria Veeky Forumstists look for
>cheap (NEETs don't get too many autismbux)
>rwd (Veeky Forums said that's the only way I can be a racer)
>decent handling (since they go so fucking slowly you really cant lose control)

It's not about how poor I am, it's about how poor EVERYBODY is, hence the popularity of the miata.
Fuck you must be a nigger if you're this stupid.
Is that you Alphonse?

This is bait

It's a great, fun, cheap sports car that's a convertible. Girls think it's cute.

Test drive one to see what all the fuss is about. Nothing beats experience.

>since they go so fucking slowly you really cant lose control
Ok, try any casual hatch, from a Polo to a small Civic to a fucking mjetPunto. Let's see if you still think the handling comes from the low speed only.

inexpensive
lightweight as fuck
rear wheel drive
really really good dynamics
excellent feel and feedback
very reliable
pretty much the best stick shift/clutch in the buisness for feels
enormous userbase, aftermarket, diy support network.

its only ONLY downside is that it's slow, but the engines absolutely love to be turbocharged and a very reliable 250whp can be done for $3000 with good quality parts

I drive an ep3 and it handles nicely in the canyons, but then again I am using God's drive train so it's no surprise

go to sleep mjet

DIESEL
FIAT
PUNTO

>sport car
>100 hp

kek.webm

>15x the cost really isn't a lot of difference
So if you can afford a BRZ, why don't you buy a Ferrari? They're only about 15 times more expensive.

>Girls think it's cute
Yeah the same way they think my Hello Kitty lunchbox is cute. Cute as in "I want one! Kind of a turn off to see a guy driving it though!"

Yeah except nearly everybody can get a loan for $10-20k. Not so much for $100k.

>a very reliable 250whp can be done for $3000 with good quality parts
That's wrong, though. $3000 is bandaids and a Chinese turbo on a stock bottom end, and 250 whp is at the very limit of what the stock 5 speed can handle.

>getting a loan on a used car
>it's a BRZ
Jesus that's a terrible life choice.

Unless they have daddy issues, girls are attracted to masculinity, not femininity.

They're the pony car of the 90s-00s generation. I never had one but drove my cousins. They're too small for me at 6'2 250lb, but they are fun little cars. I would've loved to get one and get at least 225-240hp and road track it. But my car days are over

Why not? Are you poor? Have you tried not being poor? You know you could be driving a Veyron if you just worked harder, right?

You are talking about two orders of magnitude more money. Jesus, you aren't going to get anywhere if you come down that hard on yourself all the time.

lol you triggered the dogfucker

>taking out a loan for a fucking toyobaru
lmfao

because even if you're a staunch believer in high hp or V8s or whatever, you can't help but have fun in a miata. The only people who can't have fun in a miata are stancekids and people who are trying to hate it.

The AW11 is all this and just as cheap, it even handles better imo

Theyre not as common as a miata, and are older

The first year of the miata was 89 as was the last year of the aw11

remember that the NA/NB miatas were made in high volumes throughout the 90s and early 00s, so there are more of them on the market and there are far more miatas in decent condition than AW11s.

They are affordable, RWD, convertibles, reliable, lightweight, and they have some of the best handling out of all cars out on the market. Only downside is they are underpowered BUT they have an insane amount of mawd potential. Bunch of affordable turbo kits out their for it that will have you raping newer more expensive cars

basically this

>some of the best handling out of all cars out on the market.
Holy shit, no. Have you driven anything besides garbage?

Have you tried to really corner and get into it in a lot of different cars, you'll notice the miata takes a lot more to dislodge it than nearly everything. lol

I suppose you're right. Man, I wish Toyota shit out AW11s like they shit out camrys and corollas.

So the aw11 is older, like he said.

>Have you tried to really corner and get into it in a lot of different cars

>AP1 S2000
>FD RX-7
>FC RX-7
>E36 M3
>S14 240SX
>AW11 MR2
>GC8 WRX

Yes

>you'll notice the miata takes a lot more to dislodge it than nearly everything.
Not really. The NA/NBs slide all over the place, they are easily disturbed by tiny road imperfections and are unpredictable at the limit.

You aren't missing much. The AW11 is pretty shit and the 4AG is one tick above garbage.

I had one for my first car.

Hows it unpredictable, you can literally feel the flimsy chassis shifting around more than anything else which actually tells you where you are at tractionwise

Obv never driven one, they are extremely good on the limit

It's a lot easier to add power to a great handling chassis the it is to make a powerful not so great handling chassis handle

You don't know what the limit is
At the limit they want to twist in a dozen different directions and are ready to roll

>gif of Miata following gt through a corner

Probably drove a stock Na on 195 series Walmart tires and just figured they're all that bad

Dudes retarded, no need to even attempt to argue with him

Epin trol

I bet you'll get a ton of responses

Facts aren't trolling

>There has to be more to them than that. Why not just buy one of the toyobaru twins then?
>comparing a toyobaru to a 20 year old miata
kys

i'm assuming good quality used parts for the expensive bits, basically, used
>AFR gauge
>turbo
>megasquirt

cheap to buy, cheap to operate, cheap to insure, reliable by sportscar standards, stupid easy to find with a proper manual even in burgerland

will sit at redline for a full track day and drive home like it was a daily commute (except with squishy brakes)

love the androids but the miata has an actual usable trunk

>The most popular track and autocross car in the world
> not a sports car
Kekkles
Actually a chinese turbo and bandaids can be done for 1k. Probably only get 200hp max though and no intercooler.

I had a 99NB for 4 years, last tires on it were Dunlop DZ101s, Also had GoodYear Eagle F1s and a bunch of sets of Toyo T1-Rs on it. Sure at 8/10s NBs are plenty predictable and feel sporty, if that is where you guys define the limit you are going to have a very different experience of the car than I had.

>you can literally feel the flimsy chassis shifting around more than anything else which actually tells you where you are at tractionwise
lol, no.

The flimsy chassis obscures fine communication, it is like trying to feel something small through a sponge. Additionally it causes the available traction is all over the place. The actual limit is uncertain because of the chassis flex, if you are really pushing things you are never quite sure what the car is going to do after it takes a set (fully loaded cornering).

I'd rather have a 240sx with the nice mean eyes on the front. Nobody will. Call me a faggot when my car looks so angry.

I currently own one. As long as you don't go into it expecting it to outperform a lamborghini or any "actual" sports car, it's a blast to drive. You have to remember it's a budget mid engined, it's not going to be the fastest thing in the world. And hey, the 4A-GE is still pretty good for what it is. It does its job fine.

Cute. CUTE!

>starts thread asking questions he doesn't have answers to
>argues with the answers

kill yourself

>fuel cut steps in right as the motor feels like it really starting to breathe
HP peak is literally at the redline. It's the most annoying, frustrating thing in the world to have the fuel cut right in the middle of the power curve. It's like having a girl shut you down at 3rd base EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The motor itself has potential but the factory tune made me want to kill myself.

>Can't tell an obvious bait thread when he sees one.
kys