Who in here actually loves their shitbox?

I mean, genuinely loving driving it

Cars like this are the most fun to drive at a grass roots level.

People get mad at drift missiles like 240sxs being crashed out of existence but part if me is glad that they're being driven into the ground and not in some rich assholes garage collection which is a far worse graveyard.

a shitbox is almost always better than nocar.

Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.

Yes

> took parent's civic to the touge for the first time
> heavy braking and tire screeching all the way downhill
Almost died, 10/10 would toegay in a shitbox again

I loved the first I used to drive. It
>used to constantly fail getting me to university
>it's FWD
>lacking the littlest bit of comfort
>falling apart every time it was looked at
but boi
it was fun to risk life throwing it in corners. It was a love-hate relationship but I miss it a lot. Current shitbox is worse on every single field except the fact it runs - but I have to drive it as it allows me to retain a job.

I do. I've driven more powerful cars and have a way more powerful car in my home too, but I love driving it and I care a lot about it.
It's also my first car, so...

I do....

It's so good that I don't like to tell internet people about it cause it's so fucking hard to find one. But I LOVE old imprezas. They're 100% the best shitbox you can ask for. Word got out about them about a year or 2 ago and their prices fucking SKYROCKETED to 100% over what they used to be. Same road as the e30s, what used to cost 2k 5 years ago now costs 7. It's ridiculous.

Lmao yeah bro now you know how I feel when ppl spoil how good Nissan Laurels and Toyota Cressidas are in this forum

I fucking love it, by far the most fun car I've ever driven.

>old imprezas
Just waiting for someone to call their LS400 shitbox because it's old. Impreza has always been a better than standard car, except for that FWD versions. I'm happy with you owning that Impreza, just pointing out it's more than "a cheapest piece of a car" (shitbox).

I'm bored of my is250 6spd, I didn't pay much for it and it hasn't given me much trouble the past few years. I enjoyed driving and maintaining my old pos 94 accord more for some reason, loved that shit box. the IS is just boring to drive and the transmission sucks.

What's an old shit box that I could have some fun in and still DD? preferably around 5k or less. should be able to sell the IS for around 6 or 7k.

Ah, I thought shitbox just meant old and beat up.

Mine is great but... you know, fading paint, rattles, dents, fitment issues due to a rallycross accident. Still drives great though, which is what I find important

>all imprezas are STis

There are shitbox imprezas user, NAs, turbo 2000s and older wrxs are worthless piles of crap now.

(You)
>all imprezas are STis
But I've never meant that, bro? One of my buddies got the first gen Impreza that seems to be the AWD one (I don't know; haven't met him yet to ask; n/a for sure). Why would I consider car of outstanding abilities a shitbox? Even if it was the lowest trim 1.6, it's AWD. Good AWD. Far better than standard. Even more compared to whatever I've used to drive and definitely the most capable car in this area lol.

>tfw the best vehicle for my budget was an autotragic

It's just so fucking boring

>Chevy Aveo
Just seeing that triggered me. Fuck the Aveo.

I drive an 07 Scion tC. For all the shit it gets about being boring and plain, it's comfy and sticks around corners extremely well, plus the engine is pretty peppy. I love my shit box

>Scion tC
Nonburger here. I like the exterior and the engine it has. Nice. Hope it runs just as expected of a Toyota.

I used to until my transmission went bad. :( now it's slow as fuck. It's an autotragic and goes into fourth as soon as it can so basically 15 mph.

Fucking love this piece of shit Veeky Forums

4.6 2v, shitbox not even 250hp and over 3500 lbs, lol, the only good the about her is she only hit 80k recently and still going strong, love hate relationship, dont think i could sell it, drive it till she dies. body work is failing, bondo is cracking, rust on lower panel from the snow season.

yes

with $5k you could have any number of 80's or 90's Jap boxes. Sik rwd skidz in a shit box are glorious

No dude they fucking suck, that's why they're called shit boxes. Because they're shit. The only reason anyone has one is because they can't afford better, so you have to like it to not go insane.
I'd drive like a Hyundai Elantra or something any day of the week if they weren't 15k. I'm so sick of having to replace shit all the time

Still loving my grand prix shit box. Granted I pulled the engine twice and put an transmission in it so I can't even say it's relaible but I still like it.

Am I the only person who bought a brand new car but still drives a shit box? I figured I'd sell my shit box after buying my WRX but I keep driving it to keep the milage of the WRX

>2004 Acura
>4 doors more dudes
>6 speed w/ short-throw
>Megan whatevs shit coilovers on stiffest setting
>stock wheels, new but shit tires
>drilled & slotted rotors
>shit paint
>head unit sucks hot ass
>came almost exactly like this, 1 month ago

wouldn't trade it for the world

I love both my shitboxes equally, I got the missus her own shitbox because she chinned my wheels.

I loved my Geo Metro and it was my first and only car for 7 years. Still miss it. I had a 4 cylinder automatic model, though.

I think driving a shitbox for most of my youth improved my driving ability

The brakes weren't great and even the steering wheel was a little stiff, so as a result I my turn anticipation, acceleration/stopping and general timing were enhanced. Whenever I drive a new, non-shitbox car I'm still amazed by how clean and smooth the drive is. My friends would compliment me on my driving anytime I would drive their car too.

>not an i4
I think you misunderstand the word shitbox.
While your car is indeed shit, it does not earn the title of beloved shitbox.

I do that too.

I bought a 2016 Golf GTI... Half the time I take my 99 Metro out to run errands.

How appropriate, you in a shitbox thread

Fucking same here, I go to take the wrx and think "some asshole is gonna ding it with a shopping cart, I should just take the grand prix"

Only time I really drive the wrx is when I'm taking longer road trips

yes

If you're not in an area that snows and the shitbox is mechanically sound how can you hate it other than shit gas mileage, gets you from A to B.
Would you rather have something better looking yeah I think most would but hate, not if all the criteria are met.

>and they somehow still go another 50k miles

>delusions

my honda didn't make an oil change before needing HG.

>and now its losing coolant

>If you're not in an area that snows

>thinks all snow state cars are rusted

just makes my 90s snowflakes more unique

Peugeot 106

Do I love it? Nope.
Would I rather have no car? Yep.

Sadly im in dire need of a car for work.
Its super cringe to drive. Always hope friends dont see me.
Ugly as FUCK. Front is easy, but goddamn that rear makes me vomit.
Its slow as fuck, very dangerous in highway. Cant get into traffic speed properly. Even trucks are faster.
Shit, deadly handling. Its super fun though. Feels like it. Small ass car pushing you into all sides. But the actual no meme now handling is pure shit. Modern 5 ton shitboxes handle a shitload better.
For its miserable amount of power it actually consumes a lot of fuel. I mean its still low, but not low enough for the power. Our golf 7 2.0 tdi consumes less.
Driving position is nice though. Youre sitting low yet you can see every inch of the car.

I just want to see it burn. I dont want it anymore. Never even cleaned my car since 3 years now. Its a fucking mess.

All writing this while listening to sad japanese music. It makes me feel bad.

It's just a car man, don't blame the car for how you feel about it.

i sure love my shitbox.

drove it for 30k kilometers in the last 7 months and never had a single problem. then again its a Mercedes so what did i expect? Perfection, of course.

since im a manlet i can even sleep on the rear bench comfortably. also i only payed 1800 euros which is like, nothing for a working car of this size. i could probably get more out if it just selling the metal that its made of.

pic very related

I drove my moms Liberty until i could afford my own car

a 1977 Toyota Corolla, came up just as i was looking for cars to buy, and it was at the upper end of my price range at $500. When i bought it i had $25 left in my bank account, and i was balancing fuel bills with engine repairs

Even though the entire cooling system was fucked and the head was cracked, i aluminium puttied it the holes where it was pissing water everywhere and it kept going. Around 9 months later i was able to buy a radiator, then water pump, then a replacement head

Did she ever stop running? never. Have i moved on to other cars? yes. But she's there, always waiting, never once breaking down. She's a great backup

I love my shitbox.
I love driving it too.

I have a strange unhealthy interpersonal relationship with my shitbox. I consider it on the scale of more than a friend or pet, but less than immediate family.

I adore my shitbox, though I wish there was still some feasible way to get some additional power out of it. A magnificent chassis let down by the lack of power.

I loved my first lancer so much that i recently bought 2 of them and am currently swapping the wagon engine into the sedan for great 113 hp

>tfw you love your shitbox and want the best for it
>tfw you come so close to ricing it out, but have to stop yourself because you realize what you're doing
Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop. I always say I'll never be a ricefag, but I can totally understand how they get to be the way they are.

come on even so I'd rather take a non snow state vehicle than anything that was to endure salt roads with a undercarriage. Sorry senpai just some places are meant to last and some aren't sorry water is one of the many things that gives life and makes it more difficult as well. Just remember the first civilization wasn't in snow country :)

Buying my 95 Civic was the best decision I ever made. It leaked oil from six different places, needed new differential seals, and was near the 9 year overhauled. Fixed everything up, got the A/C and cruise to work again, made me realize that I love turning wrenches.

Now I'm a mechanic. Still have my Civic and have driven it cross country, three times, getting ready for a fourth. Wife hates it because it's small and the evaporator rattles (not pulling apart the entire dash just to tighten some screws).

yeah love it

aw11. just love hooning around round abouts and a those oddly placed really nice corners around the suburbs/town.

the engine revving 50cms behind your head is an added bonus

I love my 2001 Acura type S, first car best car, got it like 3 months ago for 1300

I love my 89 festiva.