How this thing menaged to pass all those safety regulations?

How this thing menaged to pass all those safety regulations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SIQAPK-ckHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

grandfathered over from the older ones
it's why the Beetle was sold from the late 40's to 1985 in Europe

Is this why production will end in 2019

I wouldn't be surprised if it's either because of crash testing or emissions
Same thing with the Land Rover Defender
It was grandfathered over from the Series 3 which was grandfathered over from the Series 2 which was grandfathered over from the Series 1

This meant you had engines designed in the 60's ( Rover V8) to meet emissions standards of the 50's in a vehicle assembled in the 2010's

actually I'm mistaken
It's because of European regulations on pedestrian crash safety

And before anyone asks, I doubt that because of Brexit they will restart production, because it's up for the UK government to remove that bit of regulation from their own vehicle laws, and then it's up to Jaguar Land Rover to restart the production lines, and from what I understand, it's very expensive to restart a production line

Thnx
youtube.com/watch?v=SIQAPK-ckHk

the next G-Class is gonna have to round every edge until it looks like a 2-step soap bar, and then it's gonna have to have a 2.0T 4 cylinder with 18 catalytic converters all the way back to the tailpipe

good passenger vehicles WILL die before 2020

>safety regulations
cuckland Europe queer

This is concept for the Defender replacement
You can just look at it and know it's never going to be as capable as the Defender

Hope it looks like this

And not like this.

this looks way too much like a concept car, like it was designed by a design studio

seems more likely

>implying that if a car passes safety regulations it means its safe
They build the car to pass the test, under any other real life circumstances its a death trap

>good passenger vehicles WILL die before 2020

The newest cars are literally the best yet.

Soon we will have self driving cars and accidents will be nearly nonexistent.

Oh wow, an autist

Give me an example, please.

I don't think you know what autism is.

>The car is built to pass the test.
>The test being keep its occupant alive.
>This doesn't mean its safer

One of these things don't fit with the other two.

>being this bluepilled
Wew lad. They all hit a pole at the exact same point. If you make sure that point is fine you pass the test. However in a real life situation that pole is in a different spot causing serious bodily harm or even death. Airbags have a similar issue too but its more often caused by the driver

Example, please.

Show me this magical weak spot that hasn't been covered by the NHTSA or the IIHS.

In production since 71.

Since 77

bump

G classes are awesome. Would drive it everyday if I could afford the 178000 euro pricetag. My house cost almost the same.

>this looks way too much like a concept car, like it was designed by a design studio
tf you mean "designed by a studio". Yes, it was designed by a studio and it is a concept vehicle.

>178k
>178k
>178k
>178k
>178k

For a glorified Ford Bronco