Wait

wait...
if someone has the same car as you
can they get into your car?

If they have ecoboost sure

Are you high?

Yes.
All car keys and keyless entry systems are the same on each model.
Some high security companies like the european ones actually develop different systems per color and year.
So it's a lot harder to getin into rare colored ferrari than it is to get into a corolla.

so being a special snowflake has benefits

FINALLY
no one will argue when i order my new car in Teal or midnight purple

yes but only if you pick the right ones

the safest are customized honda civics with high miles because they often have custom locks

For semis there's only like 4 different key sets. Buddy who was otr locked his shit in his truck at a truck stop and a random dude with the same truck had a spare key that worked

If it is a honda, Yeah specially if its a 90's Civic.

Most police cars use the same key

Works the same with early 2000's Commodores.

90's nissans are pretty bad about that. Back in the day my mom had a 95 sentra.

She was walking out of a store and another identical sentra was parked next to her.

She didn't realize it wasn't hers until after she had started the car.

If you have any commdore from before 1989 then yeh anyone can open your car and drive it. Mine was once stollen with a Popsicle stick

>litterally who

90s gm door keys are largely the same. Think I read that gm only used 15 combos of door lock keys (don't know if that numbers right or not)
I do k ow that my 98 fbody door key works on my friends 90 Chevy longbed.

I'm gonna go to a Chevy dealership and start all the alarms on the camaros now. Thanks OP

works with any B.M.C or B.L car

>muh resale value
you are allowed the following colours
white
gray
silver
black
beige

>picking anything else besides black

This nigga gets it

Fuck off, Henry Ford

>Henry Ford's anti-Semitic views echoed the fears and assumptions of many Americans in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
based tbqh

There are a few stories of people with the same year, make, model, and color car accidentally mixing them up in parking lots and driving away in the wrong vehicle.

It's not likely though, and doesn't apply to fancy modern car keys.

/pol/ pls

What are the odds of this happening with keyless entry?

>silver
God no.
The worst
WORST

aren't 90s chevy trucks notorious for that
and be able to be started with anything long, flat, metal

90's Chevy's in general
my friend's Cavalier could be started with any flat metal, and ran without anything in the ignition once started

My 99 civic key can open:
99 accord
2 x 98 civic

Only the accord can unlock mine.

>90s gm door keys are largely the same.
Can confirm about Chevy Cavaliers. I had a 1997 and when I had it serviced at the dealer I bought it from, I stuck my key into a bunch of new Cavs on the dealer lot. My key opened a few doors. I suspect it might even turn the ignition, but I didn't want to try that as it would be too obvious. None of the salesmen came out to talk to me as I looked over the stickers because they knew I had a car in for servicing.

Life in sales must be hard. There's new faces all the time whenever I go to the dealer. I don't have to see them because I simply look at all the desks and the names are always changing. That stealership must have ferocious turnover.

Worked at a dealership, can confirm. Turnover rate is nuts for a few reasons.
>not everyone can sell enough cars to stay/make a living
>not everyone wants to work 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week
>shitty work culture

on these things, yeah.

im serious.

you can start any sentra/tsuru of any year if you have the keys for one.

I can start my old toyota truck with literally anything, so long as it fits in the ignition

started it with my safe key just to test it out, worked just fucking fine

Yes.

Depends on the year of the car.
My dad kept a copy of a key for every 80s ranger/bronco he ever owned and when he lost the key usually one of them worked. They don't all use the same key obviously

So legit question, with a car that's got a keyless entry device, would it be possible to capture the signal it sends for an unlock and use it later with a radio device? I haven't had time yet, but I do have an SDR that can capture radio frequency, but I'm not sure what band it would be in.

This. Anybody can get into your car. Make a note of it.

Can confirm
Sleep tight truckers.

can confirm it works for older nissans
>have s13
>buddy has s13
>tell him he can use his key on my car
>tries it
>unlocks my door
>able to get it in ignition and unlock wheel

Yes but it's difficult to capture since a lot of them use spread spectrum transmission up in the Ghz range.

Is there a way to make it safer?
Locks seem kinda pointless if they're not all unique.

this pisses me off. You used to be able to get cars in lots of colors, and now it's just the same boring committee-approved dreariness.

new locks and ignition cylinder maybe?
i just ended up getting a locking steering wheel quick release

This is why I drive a fiero with a body kit

They are all in 3.4 GHz band

>Camero recall inbound

This shit drives me nuts because if you as people what their favorite color is, 9/10 times it will be blue or green and yet you hardly ever see green/blue cars on the road.

Saw a grabber green challenger the other day in rush hour, beautiful how it stood out from the silver/beige crowd.

Really appreciate Dodge making their fast cars in fast colors.