What was the most powerful crime syndicate, Veeky Forums?

What was the most powerful crime syndicate, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Soviet_Union
theguardian.pe.ca/News/Canada - World/Society/2011-01-13/article-2115398/US-saw-mafiaridden-Italian-region-as-failed-state-according-to-WikiLeaks-cable/1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semion_Mogilevich
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rothschilds :^)

Really makes one ponder.

porky and friends :^)

But in seriousness, probably the vatican. They have moles in most western countries and get free money for doing absolutely nothing. This is a particularly big problem for developing countries.

Ndrangheta.

The Clintons.

The Gay Mafia.

the chinese one

The state.

Da joos

The United States Government, not even memeing as a gommie or libertard. The US govnment commits more crimes in a more organized manner than any group in history

For instance Hillary pretty much ran foreign policy for Obama's first term, she couped Honduras and Libya like it was nothing, she's the rational looking one on foreign policy.

Whether it comes to sanctions like Iran and Cuba, dictating global drug law, or our eternal presence everywhere getting in all business matters.

The US government is the greatest crime syndicate in world history ... outside of the British and French Empires

You mean the Triads?

Plausible answer if you want to be an abstract fuck who thinks governments count (I mean it's fair because they all are but not even fun because it's incredibly obvious who the most powerful is).

>What was the most powerful crime syndicate, Veeky Forums?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels

Easy

>Hells Angels
>powerful

Fuck no.

>Not the Kennedys or the Bush family if you insist on American political families

simply ebin :^)
Make America great again, amirite?

>But in seriousness, probably the vatican. They have moles in most western countries and get free money for doing absolutely nothing. This is a particularly big problem for developing countries.

same hells angels that keep bickering with bandidos over fucking pot in sweden? lel

It wasn't the fucking mob

Colombian and Mexican cartels at their height.

North Korea or ISIS

OPEC

Honestly, it's probably one of the modern latin america cartels.

They're not encumbered by bullshit mafia traditions of "sticking with the family". Their attitude is, generally speaking, pretty simple: Work with us and we will make a lot of money together. Fuck us and everyone in your family, even members you barely remember, will be burned alive.

Just look at Escobar during the 80's. No classic Italian-american mafia came remotely close to the kind of reach, or boldness, his hand had.

>Oh, you have a couple senators and judges
on your payroll? That's cute. I just literally declared war on my own government.

He's actually right when you think about it

You could argue at one point al capone was just as influential as Pablo.

>1580869
When did Capone casually hold government officials as hostage?

When did Capone negotiate his "trial" to the point of building his own prison?

When did Capone, inflation included, ever approach being a billionaire, let alone billionaire enough to be listed in Forbes?

When did Capone scare his native government shitless to the point of asking for assistance from other countries? No, I'm not talking about sending FBI down to Sicily to talk to a few extended family members, I mean as far as more or less saying "We can't grab him, and we're fucked"?

No you couldn't

The Knights Templar

The Dutch

Don't forget that they trafficked and sold drugs. Yeah I know, allegedly.

as a public figure like escobar perhaps, but the outfit reached its peak well after capone.
accardo was probably more powerful than capone ever was. they couldn't even prosecute him as an old man either.

It is either the Chinese Triads or the Cartels or the Russian Mafia.

But Capone had to deal with an actual real government. Not some 3rd world shithole government.

> the Russian Mafia.
It's meme.
t. russian

imo Sicilian mafia, considering they who they worked for, I think you know who...

I would say that owning US senators is on par with fighting a war with Colombian government.

Go fight a war with the US government if you wanna be a big boy.

US government

>Go fight a war with the US government if you wanna be a big boy.
Nonsense. In what way is that profitable? Escobar, as a CEO, paid for his mansions out of the US drug market. The US government focused on him as a result. They struggled enough to make the nigga dead. Yet to this day, they haven't done shit to stop the flow of illegal narcotics from southern america. And now you still have to deal with similar barons, such as El Chapo.

How is it a problem for them?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_the_Soviet_Union

the mongol empire
nappy and his boys

Err ahhh, The ahhh Kennedy's never held on to weldable political power for very long. We were ahh too busy getting Laaaaid!

International Monetary Fund

The New South Wales Police Force

pic related
oh damn
beat me to it

SINALOA
I
N
A
L
O
A

>Hell's Angels
pfffffffft the most notable thing they ever did was killing some people at a Rolling Stones concert. Barely even in the top 10 crime syndicats from the US.

KGBs pretty damn reputable. Ideological successors of the Oprinick state.

If they were darkness, surely Knights Malta were the Light equivalent.

Explain? Pic related's a pretty good read about corruption in the Queensland police force

Stalin's Soviet Union.

I don't think that getting given donations is illegal user, especially when all their profits goes to charities or educational organisations.

If you're talking governments, you'd have to go by international law (because what's illegal and not just varies on the country, and a corrupt government can just change it), so probably the USSR as far as power goes.

>Sicillian Mafia

Ain't shit on the Ndrangheta

The Russian Mafia has strong influence in keeping Russia a corrupt state.

The Japanese Yakuza is also in the same boat but is in a more respected state due to their transition toward a more subtle actions.

Italian/American mafia is made in America mafia that persists due to italian american memes.

Triad are Chinese gang that also has strong members and limited to their ethnic areas.

Mexican/South American gangs are bit too violent and they will probably get a purge. They're dangerous in violent ways, but not in subtle ways.

The Ndrangheta are responsible for 3% of Italy's GDP, they're more than a meme

Having an estimated turnover equal to 3% of Italy's GDP is not the same thing as being responsible for 3% of Italy's GDP, moron.

You're totally wrong you idiot.
Italian mafia is powerful exactly because they don't act like rabid dogs.

Russian mafia is a meme. They were powerful in 90's because Russia was in chaos.
Then security structures gained strength and smacked them. Mafia exists because laws protect them in a way. Russians don't give a fuck.

>Italian mafia is powerful
I'll bet you money the italians don't make a 1/3 of what an individual cartel can generate.

>because they don't act like rabid dogs
Oh but they do on occasion.

But way to miss my point, sweetheart. "The sticking with the family" bit is in regards to their dogged insistence of only allowing those with full Italian blood as members. As a result, you end up being lead by a bunch of stubborn greasy old wops and working alongside irascible idiots.

Cartels generally don't give a fuck who you are, but your merit, and are willing to work with just about anybody. Thus why they've assimilated the drug market so successfully.
Meanwhile the italians are reduced nowadays to running a few rackets.

Russian mafia really is strong.

Thing is it's not really "Russian" though, more like Jewish, Armenian and Georgian.

Russian Empire/USSR/Russia

It doesn't matter what they make. Their organization is intact, and it has longevity.
These Colombian and Mexican cartels last for few years and then collapse.
Plus they exist in shitty states.
If cartels want to survive for long they'll do same thing Italian mafia did, chill a bit and run it like proper business.

Not the biggest but for you leftcucks who love Chavez and Maduro, I'll just tell you that most of my family works at Venezuela's main international airport in Maiquetia and the amount of coke they've personally seen the Venezuelan National Guard and random PSUV higher-ups load into international flights is insane...I'm talking 1000s of kg per day.

"A US diplomat estimated that the organization's narcotics trafficking, extortion and money laundering activities accounted for at least 3% of Italy's GDP."

""If it were not part of Italy, Calabria would be a failed state," one cable began, noting that the 'ndrangheta's drug trafficking, extortion and money laundering activities accounted for at least 3 per cent of Italy's gross domestic product.""

theguardian.pe.ca/News/Canada - World/Society/2011-01-13/article-2115398/US-saw-mafiaridden-Italian-region-as-failed-state-according-to-WikiLeaks-cable/1

>calling people moron online over tiny things

you are a sad person

>It doesn't matter what they make.
Yes it does. It's precisely why these organizations exist.

>Their organization is intact, and it has longevity.
Yeah, have fun extorting the garbage business for another 50 years.

>These Colombian and Mexican cartels last for few years and then collapse.
The Sinaloa cartel has been around for almost 30 years.

>chill a bit and run it like proper business
Cartels are as corporate as something can get. They simply apply their zero tolerance policy on a scale which the Italian mobs could never dare to.

I would say your opinion on international political equivalences doesn't matter.

The US government

>it's incredibly obvious who the most powerful is
but user, the general public doesn't know the identities of the Federal Reserve Board.

Name a wrong thing the Kennedys did that makes them worse than the Clintons or Bushes. The Kennedys are a model political family.

Most accurate answer.

The CIA annual report says they commit 100.000 serious crimes on foreign soil every year.

>I'll bet you money the italians don't make a 1/3 of what an individual cartel can generate.

i hope you aren't betting alot of money...

part of the reason the italian-american (i'm assuming you're american) was so pervasive and continues to be a priority for the feds is because of scope and scale of their crimes. whereas most of the cartels tend be more like one trick ponies with drug trafficking.
in the 80s the italians and russians probably made more with their gas rackets annually than what the cartels make off of weed in the u.s.

>more like one trick ponies
They have their hands in everything from human trafficking to crude oil theft to gun running. Their scope is wildly large.

The only to thing that would make this a competition of any sort would be misplaced national/ethnic pride, wherein the belief of having a worse band of miscreants somehow makes you more impressive.

In reach, monetary influx, scope and technological sophistication, Latin American cartels lead the Italian mafia both in the states and Italy by a wide margin.

They're in a very literal war with both the US and their local governments ffs. This argument is ridiculous.

>Go fight a war with the US government
They are tho

The Roman Republic

> to be a priority for the feds
And the Cartels aren't? Not to mention in dealing with the mob, you don't have to go through the hassle of extradition.

>in the 80s
Gotti is dead. The mob, even in their native Italy, is in decline. And not a single italian mobster has ever been listed in Forbes top 10.

Russians are almost a different beast compared to the italians, and would be among the few organizations I'd say can compete with the Cartels in terms of power, respective to their geographic locations of course. Honestly, they may be my favorite mobsters, combining the hair trigger brutality of the Cartels with the sophistication and diversity of the Italians. Not to mention their leaders were and are often extremely well educated,

>They have their hands in everything from human trafficking to crude oil theft to gun running

some do but their main purpose continues to be the drug trade, and for many of them that's their only source of income. their scope simply isn't as massive as you think outside of supplying street gangs with drugs, their main cashcow, and bribery in central america.

>The only to thing that would make this a competition of any sort would be misplaced national/ethnic pride
i'm neither italian nor from latin american, i'm merely interested in organised crime

>In reach, monetary influx, scope and technological sophistication
not really, whilst there are no solid, concrete estimates it's generally accepted that the italians, mostly in italy, make much more overall and have their fingers in more pies. for example, the 'ndrangheta is responsible for much of europes cocaine trade and they even have a sort of quasi monopoly over certain rackets.

>you don't have to go through the hassle of extradition
if they're italian i.e. born in italy they still do.

>their native Italy, is in decline. And not a single italian mobster has ever been listed in Forbes top 10.
for the cosa nostra maybe, their power significantly waned during the 90's after a wave of prosecutions and infighting, it's one of the main reasons the 'ndrangheta has become so powerful, the sicilians had to cede many of their former drug rackets. and i wouldn't really consider the forbes top 10 to be a relevant measurement of a groups power.

>Russians are almost a different beast compared to the italians,

the russians aren't a single organisation, there are a variety of criminal groups of varying size and scale with their own structures, rackets, ethnic composition and rivalries that operate in russia. russian and other ex-ussr groups are probably some of the few that can compete with the italians in europe. they have an almost total monopoly on global cyber crime too.

Well, they also have to deal with a casualty rate that makes WWI aviator corps look mild in comparison.

This

Soviet Union.

>Past
The Commission
>Present
Various latino cartels

Asian boys

the Roman Empire
corruption and mafia clans on such a massive scale that it somehow worked out.

It's not, considering that some bands are tied up with president himself
t. another russain

You're retarded if you think 'the Guardian' is a legit source. Don't ever fucking cite it.

ISIS

>Not to mention their leaders were and are often extremely well educated,
source?

He's perhaps the head honcho as an example
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semion_Mogilevich

Degree in economics, and the vast expanse of his fraud rackets reflects this.

Just look into the rise of the Russian Mob aroudn the 80's and 90's. You'll see all sorts of guys with Master's Degrees, even a couple PHDs.

>Praying you dont get DRONED today so you can spend another day driving around the shitty desert in a shitty toyota and maybe behead someone
>powerful

pick one achmed

It's so relevant though. Not even him but it is completely fair to ignore any information supplied by the Guardian

>shitty Toyota

Get fucked cunt, Cruiser masterrace
Literally unbreakable

>authorize cointelpro
>takes campaign bribes from mob
>get involved in vietnam
>be one of the causes for cuban missile crisis

Here in Berlin the role of the Hells angels is morewell as a sort of police for criminals. They have a certain amount of muscle which they use to deal with and extort other low level criminal organisations, like street level drug dealers, pimp´s and the like. Yet they are rather rational and therefore calculable enough to serve as an authority to arbitrate quarells at this low level. Another function of theirs is something like a hinge-joint between the big organizations, like the ndraghetta and the low level distributors like Mickey gold teeth and his coke pusher gang.

Source: Good friend of mine who was in charge of the door of a Club and used to deal with them businesslike.

With this rational and calculable thing I did by no means mean that they where harmless. Interactions wise I would suggest keeping a distance, and they´ll leave you be. If they seek you out, keep cool and respectfully reject their proposal. If they don´t take no for an answer you are basically fucked and have to obey, yet they won´t expect more from you than to pay your protection money, or some sort of favour like turning a blind eye to something or thelike. If you are an attractive women without some sort of organization to protect you: keep away at all costs.

>ctrl + f
>"jews" "zion" "israel
>1 result found
>not in context

This board may be redeemed...

Or maybe not...

Don´t summon them, you idiot!

Cringe.

The early feudal system

The VOC

Detroit's Purple Gang was so vicious and lethal, the Chicago mobsters used them once.