Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Lincs
OLD Map: Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/karoola/cars-vans-utes/1999-ford-falcon-sedan/1123104452
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gawler/cars-vans-utes/1991-daihatsu-charade-hatchback/1123803685
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So I recreated my S12 Gazelle shitbox in Automation, barely even had to tweak the engine tuning to make it match the CA20E's performance specs.

Needless to say, it's a turd.

>15801615
What's your job, man? Working outdoors in the rain sucks, especially if it's something like landscaping.

...but with the help of an SR20DET at S15 tune, some coilovers, beefy tyres, and a 5 speed, it turns into a neat little car that'll do a quarter mile in the 13s, theoretically.

any of you cunts wax your car? i've waxed the whole thing twice this week and i'm considering waxing a third time. is it worth it?

it's worth it, just do it once a week 3-5 weekends in a row and it'll build up a nice layer of wax, easier to keep clean

Is that game really worth 40 dollars? The recent reviews seem to state that there hasn't really been any major developments on it in some time

>No Jimmy edition

to dat
>picrelated
with luv
falcunt

I waxed my peugeot once a week before I started working at my current workplace where cunts in beaters would throw their doors into it. I don't bother with the skyline because the clear coat on the roof and bonnet is completely dead anyway

Fresh of the post office

If you're an autismal stat-whore benchracer, then it's a great game for that stuff.

There might be an up to date version you can pirate, at the moment the devs seem more concerned about the game side of it rather than focusing on the engines.

They did add V6s, turbos, and V12s a little while back.

I couldn't find a torrent that has seeders, might wait a bit to buy it.

Have you any major problems on the S12? I actually thought of getting it but backed out because it wasn't a manual, probably not that expensive to do a conversion

I've only owned it for a day, the engine is running pretty rough because all the vacuum hoses are cracked, the spark plugs are fouled (all 8 of them), and the thermostat is stuck open. God only knows what other problems I'll find once I put it up on a hoist.

I don't plan on keeping the stock CA20E in it for long, but I'd like it to be running nice, especially since it's stuck to an auto trans.

Left power window on my au ute stopped working what do?

Replace the regulator? Or figure out how to jam it up

scrap the AU

Windows up just can't get it down and the drivers side is slow to get up

Do I just go to a regular mechanic to get that fixed. Too shit to do it myself

Checked fuses and relays? If not it's your motors/regulators, I replaced mine recently and they're much faster now

Check windows lock

You could but it's easy enough to do yourself, it's just taking the door cards off, a few bolts and a plug. Just call them and ask if they'll do it, if not ask them who can do it

i'm gonna keep doing it. its been rained on and covered in dirt but just a light spray with some clean water and it just rolled off. it looks completely clean now somehow. my conclusion is wax is fucking good.

do you hear the motor clicking when you try to use it? it might be just the regulator but if you don't hear the motor, its fucked. or it could be a fuse.

Are the fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay or next to drivers door?

dont have an AU mate. i'd guess they're in the engine bay but there could be additional ones behind the glovebox.

Just wax it once a week when you wash it, keeps the paint looking good

Read the fuse box label

>Just wax it once a week when you wash it, keeps the paint looking good
i'll probably do it after every wash possible. i do it all by hand and buffing it at the end can be a real pain.

Wax doesn't require to much working, should buff right of easily or else you're probably using too much

it buffs off fairly easy on every panel but the bonnet. i have to keep going at it till the swirls are gone.

i do need some more wax though, so whats a decent brand to get? megulars?

>Remember the time, we made love under a clown
>There wasn't a cloud in the sky
>You smelled like a cherry pie

DA
VE

I know it'll be a struggle to fit, but in theory how would it do with an RB25DET?

i waxed mine and it made the imperfections show up way worse.
are you the 306 guy? ive got 306 xsi discs on mine, quite big for a 206 lel.

I used to use meguairs wax, was pretty good stuff

Nah sold my peugeot and bought a skyline, still have a whole bunch of 306 crap lying around from the performance stuff I bought and never installed

what skyline? pics?
was yours the really clean red 306 right?
no wonder there are no photos anymore :(
what stuff were you gonna do?
peugeots are good for daily driving, decent handling, light, really good fuel economy(40L tank gets me 500-600km city driving) and cheapish to maintain. i just dont see it as worthwhile to upgrade mine too much. i'd probably get coilovers if my suspension was trashed but thats it desu.

The added weight won't do the handling any favors, and a built SR20 can put out plenty of power in a lighter package, so there's not much point.

no, I had a white one. The bloke with the red one is still around, just doesn't post photos much. My peugeot was great, the skyline just came up for a good price at a good time and I didn't want 3 cars

how much did you sell it for?
was the skyline stock when you got it? so many are raped to shit.

stock r33? kek
I'm pretty sure they're an urban myth. It is certainly not a clean example, but it's an r33, it's just got the standard performance mods and the type m body stuff with a gtr spoiler.
I got $2200 for the 306 in the end, I paid $1300 for it a year earlier and just tidied it up

feels, sucks that so many have rank bodykits or disgusting reupholstered gaudy interiors among other mods.

The interior is a stock S1 interior, so it has the comfy velour bucket seats and the type m kit is a Nissan one so it does look good, it's just had so many typical backyard spec mods done to it over time it's almost unbelievable

6 boring as fuck weeks off work ahead due to fractured wrist. Can't ride the BMW and can't finish up pic related. Wut do /dat/?

ask your mates for a spare pair of hands? Or buy a $200 auto excel to thrash

No offence to my mates but every time they touch my car new scratches and dents appear. Dunno how the cunts manage it.

Auto sexcel is a good idea. Thx user have a picture of doggo.

I know about that, last time I had a mate help me he screwed up seating the rocker cover gasket on the exhaust side (the easiest one to access) then over tightened the screw and now it leaks worse than the old one

Is the barra I6 just as slow at responding like the I6 in the e series?

Cellar Hand in a Winery.

Nah man not even close. The n/a i6 in the FG Falcons are reasonably quick for a boat anchor. They're about as fast as the v6 commos.

How much does a 250,000km service cost? What do they do exactly? VT is a bit overdue for one and I'll tell them I did the oil, oil filter, air filter and sparkplugs a few weeks ago so that'll save me a bit.

Depends on what needs to be done.
How are your brake pads and fluid? Also coolant, diff oil, atf and power steering fluids.
May as well do it yourself user it's not hard

>when your senpai asks you to convert some old family VHS tapes to digital and one tape is just an hour of empty public toilets
why

What in the fuck

I thought there would be other shit like bushings and stuff that would need replacing, if it's simple stuff like that I'll just do it all myself.

That's some creepy footage you've got there.

Diff bushings can be costly to replace. Just ask every falcon sedan owner

Nope.

Devs are a bunch of useless lazy cunts who will have the game in a $30 ready state in late 2017 at best.

It's fucking ridiculous.

>2 metres of vacuum hose
>8 spark plugs
>1 fuel filter
>a couple of zip ties
It's almost starting to feel somewhat fast!

I'm definitely going to have to look at the ignition timing and fuel mixture, both are easy enough to adjust.

A E S T H O I L E T E

Is this the tape he kept in with the CP in the hopes of distracting the investigators?

this is the future of vaporwave and i like it

Who likes sports?

I like motorsports.

Some of them.
Cricket, AFL, NRL, soccer etc are shit though.

I saw that on fb already... damn normies

Anyone else miss the old /dat/ days with Jimmy and Bridgestoned? Here's some old footage from a meet up of 5 or 6 of us.

it has the same feel as those old vhs recordings of the drifters in Japan but with none of the action. australia is full of lazy cunts.

>When gumtree freezes your entire browser for 10-15s every time you load a page
Fuck

8 spark plugs?

I don't understand how that site manages to shit all over browsers, is it just poorly optimized or what? Even with adblock running it's awful.

CA20E, two spark plugs per cylinder. The old ones were very worn, didn't even notice it was twinspark until I started fiddling with the dizzy.

>1 for each cylinder

>tfw you will never see bridgestoned doing mad skids

>paying double the spark plugs

All 8 of them cost less than the fuel filter I got for it

What kind of fuel filter did they sell you?

aesthetic as fuck

Big sport fan here man, I watch a lot of sport when it's on

>tfw android virus or something, every time I load up gumtree I get redirected to some bullshit website

Ryco Z202 fuel filter - $20.78
8x BCP6ES-11 spark plugs - $20.77

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/karoola/cars-vans-utes/1999-ford-falcon-sedan/1123104452

RACE
A
C
E

>intake goes over engine
trying to recreate the jimmy incident I see

>he thinks its a Mustang
cringe

looks like something falcunt would do

herd u wer talkin shit like I wouldn't find out

>the white lines
fuck this is messing with me ocd
stop it.

Most likely just the switch. Seap with another one you know is working

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gawler/cars-vans-utes/1991-daihatsu-charade-hatchback/1123803685

/dat/, I'm thinking of getting something cheap with a clapped out engine and rebuilding it, would this be an easy one to do? Or should I get something that's actually cool

Not virus, thats their site working as intended

Yeah rightio, my fuel filter was 8 bucks

>daihatsu
>not cool

what's your definition of cool? daihatsu are mad

If its just for thr purpose of rebuilding an engine, start with something old or something small (202 Holden or a motorbike)

Hyped as fuck. Picked up my gearbox today. Will be driving my v8 Berlina this weekend. Hype city!

Fix it up and turn it into a cheap track/rally car.

How hard is it to turbo a car on lpg?

I'm just not sure of them, sure they can be a great economical car, but they seem small

Mainly for the purpose of rebuilding an engine, but I want to use it for a lot of driving afterwards

What sort of car? It is pretty easy with gas injection or a simple gas converter

>turbo LPG
rest in peace mate

>LPG
>9 Second street car

Start with something simple. I'd suggest an early falcodore or earlier carbied japanese car

>buy a VL already on gas
>buy a Gas Research throttle body
>buy turbo hot side

Boostn skids for days

Is rb30 patrol