AUTO DETAILING GENERAL /ADG/

is there any other soap that can compete with pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good thread guys

>not taking your car to the car wash

anybody have a detailer? been thinking of buying pic related

wtf? use your arm. Paying 195 dollars to save a few minutes

anybody ever use stuff from AMMO NYC? all that stuff looks really expensive do you get what you pay for?

how this thread sure is dead. i thought Veeky Forums would also be car clean crazy.

Any suggestions for fixing really oxidized headlights? How about pic related?

youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

What makes Meg's soap better than the $5 OReilly's? Serious question I've only used the cheap stuff and it cleans well.

Spend the money towards a lift or ramps instead.

A fucking meme soap

This worked really well for me, but I didn't go deep enough with the first round of sanding so the result wasn't 100%.Was thinking about going over it again, but if I do I'm gonna buy a disc sander because fuck having to sand the clearcoat and rest of the shit off

He makes good stuff but there's other options that are just as good if not better. Chemical Guys, Adams, the list goes on and on with detailing products..

Honestly bro, anything Meguiars will hVe you setup pretty damn good. Probably one of the most noobfriendly and affordable detailing products on the market.

meme reply

>Live in Commiefornia
>can't foam cannon and hose my car down

How do other califags keep their ride clean?

$195 for a corded grinder with a buffing pad?

for half the price you can walk into a home depot and get a cordless buffer with a battery and charger from a reputable brand, thats not even looking at the junk they sell at harbor freight.

I worked at a high end restoration shop. We used sunlight. Regular old dish soap. Worked just fine. Washed the windows with a special spray and newspaper. Nothing fancy.

Here's just from using Meg's Wash&Wax. Shined it up pretty decently

>What makes Meg's soap better than the $5 OReilly's?

Meguiars Gold Class shampoo sticks pretty fiercely to the wax and does seem to remove it if I try to rinse thoroughly. After drying, I can still smell some of the meg gold class shampoo clinging to the remnants of the prior wax. Adding more wax at that point would result in having some of the meg shampoo residue mixed into the wax thus potentially weakening it.

So there is a little bit of meme for meg gold class after the way people bow to it and praise it. A better shampoo wouldn't cling so hard to the wax and let go of it without leaving a residue when rinsing and wiping dry was done.

One of my favorites, I get a little bit better shine on my black Silverado with the TW ICE wash and wax though.

>not using a Rupes polisher
>not using CarPro products
>not using the god combo M105/M205/orange pad/white pad for paint correction
>not using CQuartz for your LSP
>not using Stoner's Invisible Glass for your glass
>not using Optimum APC for interior cleaning

You guys need to learn the art of the detail. It's stupid that I treat my Honda like a Ferrari, but dammit it's the cleanest Honda on the west coast

>How do other califags keep their ride clean?

When it's illegal to wash your car due to drought condition being declared by the government, you have to lick the car clean. The legal method is:

a. Use legally created gray water to make the shampoo liquid to wash the car.

b. Lick a section of the car clean with tongue but dom't swallow.

c. Take some water from the hose into your mouth and gargle then spit it out. Gargling is legal.

d. Lick the car and gargle again. Repeat until satisfied. Finish by wiping sections with microfiber.

DeWalt is the market leader for a reason dumb ass.
Ryobi is chinese junk.
A few minutes? Nigger Pls
It takes upwards of 8 hours to polish a car with a rotary. By hand it'd take days.

This shit works good. Leaves your car shiny and repells water for about 2 weeks.

>I get a little bit better shine on my black Silverado with the TW ICE wash and wax though.

You too? But since the Turtle Wax ICE wax is so easy to apply and remove, it doesn't matter if the shampoo leaves some wax to shine or not. The big plus of TW ICE wax is that it doesn't leave a white residue on black trim or crevices. It doesn't go on like a powdery emulsion since it is a full synthetic.

What's the best soap to get rid of tree sap

Here's my detail regimen

>shaded area, spray car down with water to remove large amounts of dirt
>pre-treat wheels with Iron-X to chemically remove contaminants
>scrub with soft brush and rinse
>grab 2 buckets, one to wash dirt off of microfiber mitt and one for soapy water (CarPro Reset)
>Wash car. Easy. Top to bottom, all panels. Decent workout.
>Dry car.
>Polish if needed. Rarely ever needed if done once. In this instance, check for any scratches, and do slight touch up with Rupes Diamond polish
>Wipe car down with Isopropyl Alcohol to fully remove any leftover crud from polishing
>apply last step product. Can be any type of wax or sealant. My personal favorite is CarPro Hydro2
>clean windows
>spray down interior mats and quick scrub with leftover suds.
>give all grimy areas a wipedown with diluted Optimum APC 3:1
>vacuum, and remove any dust with lightly APC spritzed microfiber
>puit mats back in
>get iced coffee
>cry when it rains 2 days later.

Can I have the name so I never go there by mistake.

Shampoo your car, don't warsh it!

I forgot, you should use clay occasionally or if you have almost never washed your car in a detail capacity before. I almost never use clay because I religiously wash the car.

Sometimes I break out a Nanoskin brick if there's some crap on my bumper, but it's best to try chemical methods before abrasive.

you don't own a ferrari so you wouldn't go there anyways.

Hey, it worked great.

I've never clayed but picked up a bar recently to try it out. Hopefully will do so at the weekend if it isn't raining

You can do it in the rain tho

Good point. Do you have you to do it after washing? I washed the car yesterday and could do it this evening if I didn't have to wash it again.
If not she can have another quick wash on Saturday.

>What's the best soap to get rid of tree sap

If you didn't wait a month for the sap to bake on and dry, tree sap dissolves right away if you let the soapy solution sit on the car for a short time. That's why those foam cannons are so popular as the soapy foam sits on the car without running off the paint onto the ground where it does no good unless you want to clean the driveway.

Otherwise, a soapy microfiber wash mitt or other similar soft non-abrasive thing that physically rubs the surface will remove the little domes of sap. It's just that you have to be detailed enough to be sure to rub all the surfaces. If you forget to rub an area, then that spot might have a few sap domes remain that weren't dissolved by the soap spray. Not to worry since the car wax application will end up removing it.

>wash
>clay bar
>wash again
>wax

Pic related

Mothers instant detailer

ultimate sucks. its not as smooth as gold carb

the guy at my job actually uses dish soap to wash residents cars in the garage.

That's fine as long as you apply some sort of wax/sealant after.

but wont it dry up the paint overtime?

>learning to polish with a rotary
lol

But paint is already dry

the paint will lose is luster, kinda like fade away its color. thats what i learned. from rich to dull

had one of those at a dealership I worked at.

It was okay, shat the bed after 2 years of service. It was heavy and very unforgiving for beginners, if you're starting out I'd say get a porter cable

I did this, it worked fantastic. Sadly the final product was just a hazier clear but it's way better than what I started with. The headlights barely even cast light.

2yrs is not bad for everyday wear and tear. i'v been a amatuer detailer for 2yrs now. i'v been using pic related from that time. looking to upgrade. i saw the car wash guys used those at the dealership i worked at. dewalt is a good brand. i used them as my mechanics tools.

used this, worked beautifully

I always wax my car after washing, so...