Decisions

My problem is that I like a lot of cars. I've been saving my money but I'm kind of at a crossroads. 2 of these cars I can afford, 2 of them are not yet in my price range. I can buy the fixer upper NSX today, I could buy the completed LMP replica, or I could wait and buy the Rolls Royce in a year or two, or wait even longer and buy a BAC Mono. I love them all for various reasons but I can't choose.

What do, Veeky Forums?

Wake up.

What do you currently drive and how much do you SAVE per year?

ecoboost

No, seriously.
>RR Phantoms will probably be ~$65k in a few years and you can use luxury every day even in heavy traffic
>the LMP is $38k but will need some interior amenities if I want to do anything but race it
>the NSX is the cheapest at $22k and has low miles but needs work obviously, but it's a freakin' NSX, the DD-able supercar
>the BAC is the least practical and will probably never drop below $80k, but it's just so damn sexy....

Get an Ariel Atom or build an Exocet Miata instead of the BAC Mono.

I currently drive a Tundra, have a Lexus LS for family car and a Highlander. I'm big on Toyotas.

I have ~$50k right now, I can save about $30k/yr if I really try hard, $15k/year if I dgaf.

Go ahead and buy a salvage nsx. See how that works out.

If the NSX has frame damage its impossible to repair 100% because of the aluminum frame but if it's close enough it won't be a problem in normal street driving, also good luck on sourcing parts for it too

That's what I was afraid you'd say. It was rear-ended, but it still drives. Needs new quarters, trunk and taillight. No damage to the engine compartment....

Seems like it could be done, but doing it right? At that price I'd probably be better off just buying an NSX with a clean title. I guess.

If both cars are running well and you aren't having to do anything major, I'd say stick with them until you can buy the car you really want and have some money for unforeseen shit. If you're stuck deciding on the car, out of those the rolls would be a good replacement for your LS depending how dated yours is. If you're looking for fun, there are a lot of fun cars for under 50k.

Aha. Makes sense. Thanks for the education, I forgot about problems with welding aluminum.

Salvage title NSX could be a massive headache, or not, LMP Replica, is a replica, and god knows how well it'll hold up to use, Rolls Royces are amazing, but RIP your life savings if something breaks, and the Mono is really cool, but it's exceptionally expensive for what it is compared to similar cars like the Atom, or Xbow.

Honestly, all of these choices are bad, but if I was in your position, and HAD to have one of these four, nothing else, I'd go for the NSX If it didn't have frame damage, since it's not going to be the biggest investment, and I can always part it out if I got in over my head.

NSX is aluminum mainly, making it crazy expensive to repair. Don't bother. You can find one not wrecked for mid 20k if you are willing to wait. The racecar is a racecar, and will be shit on the street.

Lol wat are you seriously considering a LMP replica car?

>buying a second-hand luck barge when they become cheap
You can't afford to fix a used 300k car if you can't afford one new

I love how unique it is, and I could customize it without worrying about resale value.

Seeing that it's basically an amped up 7 series BMW, I would say that I can.

You're retarded

I doubt the Phantom will cost me more than $15k/yr to operate unless I wreck it. Besides, I would probably put 15k miles on it a year.

You are crazy as fuck. Get the lmp

Well it's about 3-4k per annual service alone, then you have brakes and tyres and oil and fuel to add to this. And that's if nothing actually breaks.

Just to give you some idea, a broken headlamp is about 4k to have fixed.

Haha I know. I would be the only guy with a street legal Bentley Speed 8, albeit a fiberglass one.

Either the NSX or the LMP car.

I'd personally take the LMP car but you do you.

Whatever you do though, do not buy the fucking RR, and forget about the mono.

Get one of the more upmarket Caterhams if you want a track toy. But since you're talking about practicality, it beats the Mono and the LMP (Which is the biggest wildcard other than how insanely difficult it will be for daily use.

>NSX
Aluminium frame will fuck you, along with electronic problems. It's impossible to ever get into a like new condition without bankrupting you

>Used, British, Handbuilt Rolls
As a brit, don't do this. You'll be fucked on maint, fuel and especially repair costs. You've also got the problem that the replacements are hand built too (I think to order?) So they'll be grossly expensive and might not even fit.

oh, and you seem to be implying working on one of these yourself? None of these are particularly user friendly, some are outright malious, honestly.

If you want fun, luxury or whatever, I'd say there's a lot of good cars in the used market for below $40k that would work for you.

If you're set on a luxury looking exotic, I hear Bentley's are good, cheaper than most at least.

But honestly? You've already got the best option in front of you, a Lexus. Nice, comfy, reliable, but it doesn't draw the eye. But I guess that's your goal all along

My vote is for the Bentley LMP. Kit out the interior with leather upholstery and chrome and then pic related.

Buy an M5 , all the speed and comfort you need

Just imagine it:

>wednesday
>another drive home from work
>you hear a whine in the distance
>it gets closer
>check your rear view
>wtf
>it zips past you
>a fucking Bentley LMP flying the Union Jack

>I want 4000 dollar oil changes and break jobs the thread.

Just because you can afford to buy a car doesnt mean you can afford to own it faggot.

>audi R8 with a closed cockpit and """""""""british""""""""" parts
>actually british

pick one

iirc oil changes are $600 and brakes are $1200. There was discussion of the Phantom in another thread, idk if that was OP, but a RR tech came on and said annual maintenance costs were about $4500 per year.

Thats quite expensive but closer to reasonable then I would have thought.

That aeromaster looks AMAZING.
Not even that expensive either (although there is a lot missing to turn it into a running car), certainly different than a run-of-the-mill super car. I doubt you need a BAC Mono once that thing is running.

>check kit specs on website
>fucking Renault UN-1 gearbox
WHAT

Holy fuck OP do this

Just do it, blast faggots' asses all day long

I agree with this, that LMP is just sex on wheels.