Anyone ever use Avid.1 wheels? I've been considering picking up a set similar to this to daily

Anyone ever use Avid.1 wheels? I've been considering picking up a set similar to this to daily.

Also wheel/tire thread.

>replica wheels

Nah

>even number of spokes

They're TE37 reps

Anyone ever try a VMR wheel?

I have OEM ZCP one's on my E46 M3 and am wanting to change to darker wheels to counter brake dust making my car look like shit.

Mine is tiag silver like this.

A good powdercoat here is $800 to do my current ZCP ones darker. I can't deal with the downtime either, I daily the car.

Generic 5 spoke

Never seen that one before....

My current. They are soo fucking hard to keep them spotless like I like.

I remove them once a month to fully clean. It's a pain in the fucking ass. Within 2 to 3 days fronts are covered with brake dust again. And if it rains and inside the wheels are dusty, you can see drips on the outer lips of each wheel where the dusty water runs from the inside to the out.

see
math is hard, eh bud?

Why not have the wheels covered in a new, brake dust resistant lacquer? You can merely hose off the brake dust once in awhile to keep them looking clean.

They're good OP. They're heavy but they're replicas. I have the ones in your pic and I have nothing bad to say.

But I deal with spotting too that has to be dealt with aggressively. It's not only an issue with dust. I would try something you guys recommend though..

change your pads

Are your brake disks OEM? If so, change them for solid steel. The drill ports in the OEM M3 rotors are what's causing the retarded buildup of brake dust. They don't even make your car's brake performance any better, they're just there to look cool and RACECAR

I know nothing looks like the OEM ZCP wheels. The finish is gorgeous. It's reflective and just pops in your eyes when you look at them. But $800 for a powdercoat vs $1000 for an entire new set..

I have good Bridgestone Potenza tires now but admittedly popped one when I lost the rear of the car doing 100+mph last Thursday. I saved it but still smacked a curb. Zero wheel damage.

I have BS Pole Position's coming and will keep both sets one as a spare.

I'm a mountain man when I'm off. I get tires sometimes twice a year.

his rotors aren't drilled or slotted
that is, if that's his car

I run Brembo blanks with Pagid blue pads. OEM calipers that were rebuilt earlier this year.

And yes it's my car.

Notice the tiny specs. That shit has to be rubbed off hard, then there's like an oil residue you have to remove. It's aweful but normal..

I've got free suggestions for you

>stop using your brakes so much
>wash your wheels off more often

Looks like you're stuck with the brake dust issue unless you get a bbk to reduce the relative braking power required.

I push the car hard man. It's my hobby.

I could turbo the car for that amount!!

then deal with it. you want shitty replicas on a car you drive hard, vs just having some unsightly dust buildup?

LOL reps
LOL OP denying that fact

OP is gonna learn the expression "you get what you pay for" very quickly

NO. OEM or GTFO. Aftermarket wheels are almost always shit.

so get different pads

>Aftermarket wheels are almost always shit.

Huh? Did you mean knockoff wheels? Because in that case I agree with you.

just got my replicas this morning
>paying top dollaroos for nipnong wheels
no thank you

nah i meant all aftermarket wheels. it's just shitty rice. no one here is good enough to tell the difference in wheel weight.

>Aftermarket wheels are almost always shit.
how to spot a poorfag 101

enjoy your shit, stancefaggot

>you get what you pay for

Top kek enjoy your shit

I'm not a poorfag. It's very easy to find some oem alloys that look nice and fit properly.

kek it's probably gonna be an improvement over what's on the car currently
pic related
>stance
lolno

oh, so you're just an idiot then

tell me where this wheel falls on your shit scale?
>made by Rays, the company that makes the actual TE37
>is OEM

>it's probably gonna be an improvement over what's on the car currently
changing the shape of the shit doesn't make it any less shit

I know rays makes some oem wheels. Enkei made the oem ones on my civic

okay so answer the question

if all aftermarket wheels are shit, but the company that makes the aftermarket wheels also makes oem wheels, where's the shit-nonshit line, bobandy?

almost missed it

>my civic
top kek

Most of BMWs oem wheels are supplied by aftermarket companies

Enkei makes the ones on my lancer as well.

Enkei make the evo wheels, too.

Also ralliart magna wheels which are just evo 7 wheels in 17x7 instead of 17x8

yes, i obviously fucking know that wheel companies make wheels for auto manufacturers to use on their cars. i don't give a fuck what wheels are on your shitboxes

my question to this faggot right here
is where is the line that makes a so called 'aftermarket' wheel shit, vs an oem wheel made by the same company?

350z rear wheel?
find some fucking oem wheels that can hold a 315 tire then? its fucking hard to find wheels with the correct offsets and width if you only got for oem wheels.
Ever since i got my supercharger i cant keep my rear wheels on the road, and i run 265 right now and they light up way to easy, and i cant fit the 370z wheels on here with ought serious fender flaring and other ridiculous shit.

yeah Z33 wheel

The vehicle manufacturer might have a higher standard than the wheel company itself.

that's some the fucking stupidest shit I've read on Veeky Forums.

Auto manufacturer, in order of importance
>is it cost efficient
>does it meet minimum safety requirements for a roadgoing car
>does it look okay

Wheel manufacturer, in same order, but not making a wheel for an automaker
>how strong is it
>how light is it
>does it meet safety requirements/will it hold up to extreme abuse (track day bro)
>does it look good
>is it cost efficient

>virgins on Veeky Forums discussing wheels
always devolves into an autistic shitflinging match

thanks for the contribution, shit dick, here's a (You)

that second part aplies only to the comanies that have reputation to uphold
i'm talking about SSR, Enkei, Rays etc.

for shit like japan racing or rota it's basically
>does it look good aka did we stole the design from a good looking wheel?
>is it different enough to not get fucked by copyrights?
>does it meet safety requirements in our country? (which is often way below compared to japan or euro standards)

that's it

I think we're arguing the same point in different ways

>reps a shit every time
>not all aftermarket wheels are shit

>if all aftermarket wheels are shit, but the company that makes the aftermarket wheels also makes oem wheels, where's the shit-nonshit line, bobandy?

The OEM requirements can be different or more stringent than the normal factory wheel line. The world is full of companies that have different standards for what is essentially the same item but manufactured to different tolerances and requirements.

You see this in china where the chinese factory makes items to the OEM spec, then knock-off copies are made on separate runs to lower quality but more profitable specs. The replica copies get their sales potential from the reputation of the OEM versions made to constantly inspected requirements. Thus no shortcuts on alloy percentages.