What's the point of FWD?

What's the point of FWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qlVs1uoNX0&list=PLy774oqLNvHG0qkpxEmBWhou9R6QFhzpG&index=59
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's cheap, and even poor drivers can cope with understeer. Perfect for the average commuter shitbox for your average commuter

relatively cheap, weighs less, easy handling characteristics

Easy to produce, saves a lot of cabin space and allows for roomier rear seats. There's no reason to have RDW unless you bought the car to have fun.

>weighs less
At the sacrifice of horrible handling

explain why

The front wheels are driven. It's literally physics.

Your tires only have so much grip. In a rwd car all of that grip is used to steer the car. In a fwd vehicle that grip is shared between power and steering.

>doesn't explain

try again

RWD BTFO

>i'm retarded : the post

>asked to explain
>replied explaining abslutely nothing
>asked to be cleared
>wow, you're retarded xdd

???

>implying it's my fault you failed high school

It's Cheap

>In a fwd vehicle that grip is shared between power and steering.

Except when you don't give it gas, then a FWD acts like a RWD.

dumb frogposter

So.... What your saying is...
When exiting a turn, I can't give it gas or it will not turn as good as a rwd?

It only matters in a racing environment.

If you're not a regular track babby then you won't even notice except for when you lose grip and the front starts skipping instead of the rear flying out away from you.

He can't control a rwd stepping out on acceleration.

>At the sacrifice of horrible handling
there are quite a few FWD cars that shit all over the majority of RWD cars. Integra and original saab 900 come to mind. Mini as well.
Sure FWD is a limitation, but that limit is only meet at the most extreme cases. My saab 9000 will shit all over a jag xj.

What's the point of RWD?

Handling that isn't garbage

Explain muscle.

>he needs 100 more hp and a V8 to get the same virtually the same lap time as a weeb shopping car

Integra is just a cuck s13 lol gtfo

Unlike the S classis the integra can actually turn halfway competently

Please stop playing Forza and drive these cars irl before posting again

You can make a vehicle with any drivrtrain either a blast, or a piece of shit. It's all a matter of tuning.

FWD, RWD, and AWD each have their own benefits. I've seen the best and worst of each. There's a reason there are performance options for each type of drivetrain.

When it comes to under and oversteer, you can sort a lot of that our with LSD's and suspension tuning.

Look at the Focus/Fiesta ST: both vehicles exhibit a bit of oversteer, but I've seen plenty of mustangs understeer right off the road. Same manufacturer, different drivetrain configuration, different tuning.

I remember tuning my miata at a number of autocrosses: adjust dampening, spring rates, sway bars, etc. I went all over the place just figure it out to make it neutral. first understeer, then oversteer, and after trial and error, I made it great for the street and the cones.

Same can be done for almost any vehicle. Will there be limits? Of course, but for the average consumer (or even the average tuner), they won't see those limits often, or at all.

Stop shitposting.

No sway bars or coilovers. But those are things you can put on a rwd to make it embarrass fwd

The reason Mustangs fly off the road is because the owners are stereotypically inexperienced retards.

Anyone that has actually taken a Mustang to a track day knows they're not that bad but they aren't very forgiving to drive to their limits which has more to do with power delivery and moreso than drivetrain or suspension.

when will the b8 threads stop

When will you get a real car irl?

FWD cars have faster corner turn-in than RWD, which generally exit faster.

You see this all the time in BTCC which is one of the few series to race them together. Having the weight of the engine over the driven wheels gives a mechanical grip advantage.

>owning a vidya console in the current year
Top kek.
>he has to mod his RWD car to keep up with a FWD shitbox
Lol

Bench racing at its finest.

I own both an FWD and RWD car. My old man raced touring cars when he was younger and taught me a lot about car control.

>Top kek.

lol seriously those integra bench racers are among the most annoying ricers around. how have they not died out since the first fast and furious movie came out and their older brothers sold their shitbox fwd rice burners for whatever overpriced RSX is on craigslist this week?

>being this buttdevastated by a 20 year old FWD shitbox
>he actually thinks the S-chassis could turn
Drive one, there's a reason they're drift missiles, show cars, or scrap.

Lol I've been to Ebisu. The only Hondas I saw there were EG hatches.

Tell me more about why you only ever see Integras driven by Mexicans and college drop outs that can't afford anything better.

>I've been to Japan
literally not an argument or a valid point
>civics
Are good cars too.

>muh anecdotes
All s13's are held together by Mexican sweat and duct tape based on my personal observation. Seems you're not much better, Nissan scum.

>Are good cars too.

Exactly. Integras are the fiero of fwd shitboxes

And the S13 is a del sol - a literal meme.

>tfw u hate a meme car because a mere couple thousand dollars in "drift tax" is just above what you can afford

>tfw I don't have a problem with any S-chassis (would own a Sileighty out of all of em)
>tfw not a driftbaby
>tfw interested in a car that doesn't shit itself every 2 weeks

I guess you're right. I don't like memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=0qlVs1uoNX0&list=PLy774oqLNvHG0qkpxEmBWhou9R6QFhzpG&index=59
Wonder why the S15 was near the back while the ITR fought for first?

I love this thread, makes sure you make it again when this one dies

>I cannot trail brake or left foot brake: The post

Probably to dominate 2WD rallying tbhf

>ff cucks really believe this

RWD wins fans
FWD wins stages

>be you
>be dumb
>watch 1600cc class rallying
>be amazed that it's full of ff shitboxes

Are those Renault FWD sportcars good?

>Be me
>Be following J-WRC
>Toyota releases a 240hp GT86 for R3 regulations
>Literally loses everywhere to the lower powered "inferior drivetrain" DS3 R3's it's competing against

Last time a RWD car outright won a WRC event: One event, 1989 against first generation Group A cars such as the Integrale 8v and ST165

Last time a FWD car outright won a WRC event: Two consecutive events, 1998 against cars such as Makinen's Evo V WRC and McRae's Impreza WRC

A reminder that the Formula 2000 series that spawned the greatest 2WD rally cars in history was open to any drivetrain configuration, and not a single manufacturer went with RWD.

It's cheap, it's light, it's simple, it just works.
Pretty much it.

I understand youre an entusiast but Im sorry... The only rally races that ever mattered were Group B

The only thing people remember about the Group B era is the cars. There was no good competition during the time.

The half-powered cars of the 1990's were already faster and resembled factory showroom cars that anyone could buy, and the competition was much more fierce and memorable. This was the true golden era of rallying.

No good competition?

Rofl just because a hot French woman was beating men in the first 4x4 doesn't mean it was easy.

Driving through crowds of people in and out of jumps and turns is all the difficulty you need.

There weren't any memorable rivalries or close competition seasons. When you think of Group B, you think of the crazy fans, the crazy cars, and a few of the crazy people who sat in them. When you think of 90's rallying, you think of Sainz vs. Kankkunen, McRae vs. Makinen, Subaru vs. Mitsubishi, close-margin seasons where it was anyone's game.

Yeah, well if you put Jason Bourne into a front wheel drive car it doesn't mean its better than rwd. Lol :p

It's almost like the great rwd purge of the 80s and 90s passed you by

Yeah but it does mean Bourne is a better driver. If you're autistic enough to believe Rally is supposed to be a straight comparison of vehicles rather than a manly contest of men and their machines then you should probably go back to comparing nerdburgerring lap times.

Nigga the only races I ever cared about invoices paul walker vs vin diesel

Involved* lol

This has actually something I have wondered for a while, that's only marginally related.

Comparing a FWD car vs a relatively similar RWD car, both cars are at a standstill, the cars are cutting the wheels to make a parking turn, which car has the tighter turning radius?

Also, you know what would make cars weigh less?

Less pointless safety standards.

Lol if you have anything more than a fire extinguisher and rollcage/harness for safety.

Bump

Doesn't really manner to your average commuter

It's still garbage

The RWD car will have the tighter turning radius.

the group b meme. please stop parroting what others say.

Yes it's not like Citroen Racing is a highly successful and vastly experienced rally team compared to TMG is it.
Must be all down to which wheels are driven. Not all the other differences.