ITT, WE MAKE THE LIGHTEST MUSTANG

Ok cunts, time for a fun thread, no bashing.

You've been given the 2016 mustang GT, weighing in at 1776kg.

Assuming money is not an object, but we need to make sure the car does not lose ANY of it's regular drivability (no removing aircon) how do we shave off as much weight as possible?

Engine swap is allowed, but it must remain a manual and v8 transmission as well.

I want to see how you guys approach this as if you're the tuning shop and some dumb fuck customer with too much cash has approached you.

Other urls found in this thread:

gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights.html
cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-crate-engine-5-0l-4v-coyote-435hp-mustang/p/M6007M50A/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>carpet
>sound deadening & insulation
>manual windows
>every nonessential interior panel
>cut pieces of nonstructural metal out/off

>rear seat
>replace leather seats with cloth
>airbags
>other liburl pussy safety features

>money not an object

Rebuild it out of carbon fiber and drop the powertrain in.

>making the lightest mustang
>keep a heavy V8 in it

ls swap.

i think it's one of the most compact v8's out there, if there's a lighter one someone let me know.

it's about the fun feel of the car, you don't buy a mustang for anything but hearing the v8.

>aircon affects a car's driveability
Kys you'reselve, OP

>engine swap to save weight
>must keep air con
amerifats lmao

LS is trash. Voodoo is better

Plexiglass/lexan windows
Carbon body panels
Carbon suspension components
HRE lightweight racing wheels
Replace the seat frames with carbon fiber
Swap in a Hartley bolt 3.0L v8 with a turbo (
)

For true lightweight you'd also strip the interior, air con, sound deadening etc.

Alternatively make it a go kart of sorts, exposed engine, no roof, no body panels

is it lighter though?

the point is to get the lightest v8, does anyone know what that would be?

A porsche 918 V8. Problem solved

can that fit?

also, how much lighter? this thread is great, anyone got comparison numbers on the weight of each engine?

>spoon feed me mommy
Look it up yourself you dumb mother fucker

fuck off cunt you make a claim it's lighter than a LS you prove it

Plebs, get a cosworth DFV it's about 320lbs or so but reliable for 600-700 horsepower naturally aspirated

>spoon feed me!!!
Stay retarded. You stupid piece of shit

>being such a ford cock sucking faggot he can't even prove his claims

Cosworth DFVs make 400-500hp depending on spec.

>literally this triggered it's lighter
Look it up, cuck. I'm not spoon feeding you. I bet you're an overweight NEET faggot who's too incompetent to do a simple search.

>make claim
>prove your claim pls
>n-no u
:))))))))))))))))))))

Well shit, I guess I misread when I was looking for the power

>spoon feed me mommy!!!!

>this cuck is too stupid too do a google search

I love Veeky Forums shitposting. It'll be these exact posts for the next 3 hours.

It actually won't. He already stopped posting because he realized I was right

I have to keep identical drivability, not identical practicality. Therefore, rear and passenger seat delete, remove the right side of the dash. Add insulation if needed.

All that heavy steel has to go, so instead use an all-carbon tub. Every single panel is carbon fibre too.

Ditch that archaic, heavy IRS, and put in a light sick axle. Sure, it adds unsprung weight, but reduces overall weight. Carbon fiber everything, from wings to A-arms to wheels.

Replace the wheels with 13" units. More rubber instead of steel means less weight.

Get rid of the 5.0. instead, make a custom 2.5 litre all-aluminium pushrod V8. Use Honda CX500-style 4v heads to keep it breathing up to 10000rpm.

Fuck the six speed, go with a Jerico 4spd dogbox instead.

>these ass ravaged fangirls still struggle to accept their ancient design LS is redundant in every conceivable measure
I guess in your defense, the LS is lighter once it's prematurely dumped its oil.

Voodoo is heavier because it needs more balancers and has three extra cams.

>implying a voodoo engine isn't lighter than an ls engine
Stay retarded. LS engines are outdated garbage

No, it isn't. It's lighter. Stop making up bullshit.

Pushrods lose again.

Remove the fat american driver

Rotflmao

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>if there's a lighter one someone let me know.
Theoretically, the lightest production V8 I can think of would be Daimler's 2.5 Hemi if it weren't completely iron. Had they made that out of aluminium, it could probably turn out lighter than a Hartley.

>4.5 liter car-based V8 lighter than a motorcycle-derived 2.something liter V8
I don't think so Jim.

My god. These people look like just so typical nu-males in one room

Keep posting. You're literally proving pushrods are shit

Rotflmao
>not wanting to fuck sean murray

lighter wheels, carbon fiber driveshaft, literally all carbon fiber body panels including roof and rear quarters. lighter exhaust system, plexiglass rear window.

>custom 2.5 litre all-aluminium pushrod V8. Use Honda CX500-style 4v heads to keep it breathing up to 10000rpm.
gotta love forza babbies

I guess it has a chance of being lighter, but at the same time it'll be considerably tougher to get 500hp+ out of one of those. I'd still pick the hartley

LS1: 460 lbs
gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights.html

Post Voodoo weights.

I'm just wondering if you understand why GM fangirls seem to be so desperate to overcompensate with their flawed engine design?
You've had a fair bit of experience now trying to show them the light, but they just can't, or flat out refuse to see it. Do you think they can ever recover?

The voodoo weighs 400 lbs.

Is gm even trying anymore?
>can they ever recover
No, losing to a F150 with a body kit at lemans was the final straw. Gm is finished
>spoon feed me mommy!!

Why would it be? Neither of them could make 500hp on an n/a street tune. Therefore, both need boost to make 500 hp on the street. Sure, the Hartley will probably make more power, but it's not like the Daimler can't make 500. Forged internals do wonders, and Hemis simply love boost thanks to their high chamber volume.

ITT FORD KEKS UNABLE TO POST ENGINE WEIGHT OF THEIR V8

we've got the ls1 weight, where's a link for the ford engine?

no cited source?

>The voodoo weighs 400 lbs.
Nice source you have there. You're just pulling numbers out of your ass.

The coyote weighs around 444 lbs.

>I can't back up the claim that an ls is lighter than a voodoo so I'll just shitpost

>spoon feed me mommy!!!

>spoon feed me mommy!!
I GET IT!
GM keks are so infatuated with being spoonfed, their favorite form of competition is literally egg and spoon races.
I'll bet they try and claim the 400lb Voodoo is false too, because they can't handle the truth.

no cited source on the actual weight?

we've got one on the ls, why is it you fordbabbies always need to sperg out instead of citing a source.

by the way, the porsche engine is something around 130kg according to wikipedia.

They're raging hard now

Rotflmao
>literally admits the voodoo is lighter

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

ITT: fordcucks still cannot grasp the concept of academic discussion

>The coyote weighs around 444 lbs.
Still no source on that.

>"...the ability to spin at a jaw-dropping 8.250rpm without forced induction or direct injection"
Wow. So much wrong in so little words. 8250rpm isn't jaw dropping, and maximum RPM has nothing to do with boost nor direct injection. How you could correlate those is beyond me.

>the Voodoo is literally lighter than a pushkek LS
>GM fangirls faces when
B T F O
T
F
O

>Coyote weighs 4lbs because I said so!

LS now weighs 3lbs, because I said so.

>8250rpm isn't jaw dropping,
How come there's literally never been a factory LS capable of these not so jaw dropping revs?

>GM keks are so infatuated with being spoonfed, their favorite form of competition is literally egg and spoon races.
lmao this autismal """"banter""""

>the voodoo is lighter no matter which way you shitpost

MY FUCKING SIDES

None of the current big there's V8's can produce jaw dropping RPM. The way the engines are used, they don't have to. The Voodoo having a flat plane crank and high redline was more marketing than engineering (although the engineering is mostly sounds, and the marketing was really, really effective).

>Still no source on that.

cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-crate-engine-5-0l-4v-coyote-435hp-mustang/p/M6007M50A/

>damage control : the post

Coyote lighter than an LS how can GM even compete? Lmao

set it alight

How the fuck is a huge 4cam engine lighter than a pushrod LS. Are we seeing the extra material from the higher displaement in the crank, rod, and piston? You'd think the big bore would negate that.

Outdated tech

half of the voodoo is plastic

Why are people arguing over a difference of 20lbs? The coyote has advantages as does the LS

>gm fangirls literally have no argument after getting destroyed
>just talking out of their ass
lol, there isn't a shitty engine layout then pushrods

>1776kg

Absolutely perfect as is.

Unless you drop the weight to 1488kg. That would be just reich.

>Damage control
No. All the US made V8's, and a lot of the other ones, are quite literally shit at making high rpm.

Half of the LS is also plastic. Intake, rocker covers, etc.

GM BTFO YET AGAIN

>plastic intakes

>ctrl F ECOBOOST®
>no results found
..Lads

>Only one exhaust header (25lbs)
>No flexplate/flywheel (40lbs)
>No alternator (10-15lbs)

No, you're thinking of the LT

...the intake on an LT is all metal.

You're confusing the pre-LS LT1 (which was a heap of shit) to the 2014 and up LT1, which is the direct injected successor to the LS.

What if we filled the tires with helium?

It would fly.

Remove the air conditioning and just drive with the Windows down like I would anyway

except you're leaving out the fact that it's a 5 year old engine that is proven to weigh mid 400 lbs lmao it's easy as fuck to check the weight of the 5.0 coyote.

ass mad g m fangirls B T F O

>prove the voodoo is lighter than an ls1
>ass mad delusional gm fan girls literally can't deal
>"p-prove it weighs 444lbs"
>their faces when a voodoo weighs even less than that
>tfw they have no faces because their head is so deep in the sand

Take the engine out, stick it in a much lighter car. Move the badges over. Done.

Wow I was hoping for a nice thread and I come back and it's upset GM fangirls and yuropoors.

How can we get the yuropoors and GM fangirls to leave Veeky Forums forever?

Here it is:

>Body panels all carbon fiber
>Full titanium exhaust
>Fixed door windows from plexiglass passenger side and all rear windows
>Remove unnecessary plastic bits from engine bay
>Remove interior sound deadening and some isolation
>Remove back seats
>All custom ''made to fit'' carbon seats, driver and passenger.
>suspension parts -> put titanium alternatives whenever you can, custom billeted.
>magnesium alloy wheels
>carbon brakes

We dont need a roll cage since the aim is not racing but to be light right?

This should shave off at least 400 kg.
My bet is car would sit around 1000+, lets say 1100 kg.

Is the concept of burden of proof that complex for your brain to get down?

But of course, n-no u seems like the appropriate reaction in your neanderthal mind

>take car
>throw car away
>build a tube frame fiberglass shell of car from the ground up all 3/4 scale
>put original drivetrain and whatnot back in
>3/4 scale seats dash ect

3/4 the weight.

Akshurary...

Not bad at all.

Tires 3/4 and wheels too.

Manlet driver AND GO!

All that shit just to lose a quarter of the weight

apparently you don't live in Florida.

Stage 1 weight reduction
>spare tire / jack delete
>rear floormat delete
>glovebox car manual delete
>half filled wiper fluid
>half gas tank

>enter in Mustang race
>wreck all

backseats and trunk carpet is also stage 1
All that would only give you like 150lbs of wieght, not really worth it for all the drawbacks.

Learn to google you stupid GM nigger.

>5.0 Coyote weights in at 444 lbs without accessories.

>With love, from a guy who hates ford.

Completely strip the interior to the point that it only has half a dash, no air bags, nothing in the boot at all, a drivers seat and the essential controls all that remains. Completely remove the air-con, scrape off all the sound deadening.
Plexiglass side and rear windows, carbon fibre bonnet, boot, doors, front fenders.
Carbon fibre wheels, carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fibre driveshaft

Now it's front heavy as fuck, so we throw that useless coyota in the bin and swap in a spoon F20C with the S2K 6-speed. Small single plate clutch with a light flywheel, titanium headers going through a cat and dumping just after the front wheel.

Still too heavy, remove passenger mirror, carbon fibre drivers side mirror, go through entire car and replace every nut and bolt with titanium where applicable or high quality light steel where not, replace windshield with thinner one, remove passenger side wiper arm+motor, remove whichever headlight is in front of the intake and make a carbon ram air tunnel, replace radiator with lightest unit that can be gotten away with, replace half shafts with lighter ones (carbon if possible).
Cutting compound to bring clear coat down a layer or 2.

Not enough.
Carbon fibre door handles, cut into inner door metal, cut into boot floor and make it flat, install new smaller, lighter fuel tank, replace shocks+springs with lightest units that will suffice. Lighten engine as much as possible, remove wiring insulation where not needed, shave metal off block where not needed. Replace roof panel with carbon fibre, carefully weigh tyre options to find the best with the lightest weight.

Cut off fingers so you have 4 on each hand, remove 2 toes from each foot, complete laser hair removal over entire body, remove testicles and appendix.

>complete laser hair removal over entire body, remove testicles and appendix.
i kek'd

You forgot remove a kidney and selling it.
Then you can use that money to just get a Miata.

>going through a cat
Waste of weight