Saw a post on a mechanical engineering forum outlining good engineering practices

saw a post on a mechanical engineering forum outlining good engineering practices.

which manufacturer first comes to your mind that ignores most, if not all of these rules?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228#p15508228
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15318953/#15319908
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nissan

All of them

Literally fucking everyone but Saturn

Fucking Jeep.
>IT'S JUST A TIN CAN WITH A STRAIGHT SIX WHAT COULD BE HARD ABOUT THAT :^)

VAG
Sometimes I think they do it out of spite, particularly when they use random triple square fastener.

top kek

>which manufacturer first comes to your mind that ignores most, if not all of these rules?

Chinese car manufacturers. China has the world's largest new car market since 2009 though. So those new cars are definitely selling and the chinese car manufacturers are making money.

Chinese car thread:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228#p15508228

Subaru certainly ignores the no tools to work on rule whenever they can.

>3 design for the environment it is being used in
all those yuro cars in straya basically

Literally all of them, the only exception being old air cooled VW's, 60's/70's Jap/German motorcycles.

I've never hated working on a car as much as I hate working on my Foz. It's a great car, but there's absolutely nothing elegant about it's design or construction.

Should I go for mechanical? Choosing between computer engineering and mechanical, car engines could be fun.

Go for mechatronic.

>old air cooled VW's
There's an user here that frequently complains about all the specialty tools needed for those. I'll check the archive to find the post.

mechanical, more fields to choose from.

Currently in Texas A&M Aero and the job prospects don't look great.

It's literally just Boeing.

Lmao yeah dude why the fuck do I have to take my air filter and batter out just to change 7 dollar spark plugs?

On the bright side my oem radiator was made of plastic and only costs 50 bucks to replace.

found it.
>archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15508228#p15508228

>Device VW 297
the fact that they have 296 other devices as well as the clinical name is so fucking German

Lol this is probably why there is only one single running Tiger tank left in the entire world.

what do you mean by that?

finding the parts and tools is almost impossible

I'm retarded, not the right link.
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15318953/#15319908

>so fucking German

You can tell a mechanical eng wrote that. Holy shit those mouthbreathers barely speak english.

Not really. I'd wager it was a first or second year student trying to appear smarter than he is.
At no point is there mention of the added cost these things incur, or less reliability/complexity.
Microcontrollers and electronics actually simplify things and reduce cost. "no tools needed" results in weird problems where a simple bolt would have solved the issue, and added cost. Packaging won't always allow for easy access, and the list goes on.
There usually are good reasons for products being the way they are. Specialty tools can fuck off, though.

VW

i think it should be law that all fasteners are standardized based on application

i hate it when people mix and match skrews and bolts