Crank windows

Recently acquired a 2000 chevy Silverado with crank windows, but the Mexicans who had it before broke the handles and proceeded to use vice grips as handles in turn gnawing all the spline off the little stud thing that sticks out for the handle to go on, my question is this, What is that splined stud thing called? can I buy a replacement stud piece individually or would I have to buy the entire mechanism and if so whats it called? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/BLACK-2-BILLET-ALUMINUM-WINDOW-CRANK-HANDLE-WINDER-FOR-TRUCK-CAR-SUV-PICKUP-DOOR-/112126234629
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You will need a new window regulator.

Typically you'd buy the whole mechanism, from a pick and pull or junk yard.

It's probably part of the window regulator

Buy replacements on line.

>2000 silverado
Why?

Giving it to a uncle who has been driving shitty ford that's about to lay down...

That would be the spline drive. A quick search shows that this is most likely not sold on its own - if it is, it'd be dealer-only.

You can get complete new window regulators for around $30, in your choice of manual or power. By running a couple wires into each door and getting a door card off a power window truck, you could have power windows instead.

Door card?

Either get a new regulator or epoxy the handle in.
Both work familam.

Id like to fix it back correctly if I can

The big plastic and vinyl piece that makes up the interior side of the door. Contains door and window switches amongst other things.

Oh a Door panel I gottcha now US here

Then getting a new regulator is all you can do. They are like 30 bucks.

This thing. At the salvage yard I worked at we called them door cards. They're also called door panels.

The power window one will have the switches and also no window crank hole if you do a DIY power window conversion.

If you ask nicely, the salvage yard will include the wiring for the switches and window motor so it has the proper plug-in ends.

They're still called door cards here I believe

That one dosnt look messed up just put a new handle on

That's just a random google pic.....the ones I have are worn down smooth

get some universal window cranks

ebay.com/itm/BLACK-2-BILLET-ALUMINUM-WINDOW-CRANK-HANDLE-WINDER-FOR-TRUCK-CAR-SUV-PICKUP-DOOR-/112126234629

they grab the spline drive with a set screw instead of the splines, so it'll work even with yours being worn smooth

>shitty ford
>2000's chebby product

Not much of an improvement user. Do the gaskets before giving it away at the very least.

eh window cranks and a couple tail lights (replace aftermarket clear gay ones) is about all im willing to do