"Your car is only as good as its tire"

"Your car is only as good as its tire"

What tire do you run on the street o and why?

prius tires

Some semi decent hankooks that came with the car. Gonna be getting some nittos soon though

RS3?

Semperit speedlife 2 from previous owner. Anyone ever heard of those? And idiot I am i did 250 kmh on those tires...

>Semperit

Never, but sounds low quality. It couldn't be as bad as a chinese tire at least.

Semi slick all day erry day

I fell for the Mustang meme and went with The Nittos. I can't say I'm displeased. The dry grip is nothing short of amazing. I can't fathom what kind of grip I'd be getting with more suspension and stiffening work with weight reduction. Great tires. I can barely chirp anymore.

That being said, they have awful wet grip which is expected for radials.

yokohama parada spec 2 are a great tyre.

Some chinese crap.
Do their daily driving job 100%

Toyo Proxes R1R as my summer tires and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 as my winter tires

But what if your chinese crap kills you?

Behind heart disease and cancer, your tires are the only thing keeping you from the 3rd most likely cause of death.

well, that and breaks- which depending on tires will increase/decrease stopping distance (Chinese tires being the worst)

I'm really liking these Sumitomo P02's. Feel a little less sticky on pavement than my old Hankook V12 Evo's but they eat up gravel backroads like a snow tire. They're also fucking dirt cheap--I got this set of 4 through Amazon prime for $300 shipped.

>Sumitomo

As far as budget performance, I prefer Kumhos over the Sumis for that just right extra amount of performance. Usually they're only 20 or 30 more for a set too.

Did you have them mounted for free?

No, but in hindsight I could have easily paid low-mid 300's by going through one of those places that does free mounting if you buy the set straight from them. I was just sick of Townfair always fucking up the mounting or balancing and having to bring them back to be redone, so I started using a smaller place right down the street that never does. Even still, $390 said and done is a bargain for what I got.

I'm on 205 Michelin Pilot A/S 3. Good for a stock FiST but I want to upgrade to a 215 DZII Star Spec when they wear out.

Pilot cup 2's.

T. Richfag

Definitely go Discount Tire/Americas tire for best price/package

>largest selection/locations
>will order tires they don't carry and price match
>balancing, allignments, and rotations free for the lifetime of your tires
>free tire changeovers summer/winter (if you know the guy, they'll do unlimited for any tire)

Awesome place. I regularly switch between tires when I wanna hop on a performance set for the day and then switch back to Grand Tourers the next.

That's expensive rubber for such a small car mayne

>car tire
BFGoodrich G-force sport comp
>why
Better wet road traction than pilot super sports (previous tire)

Dunlop signature hp

A/S 3s are underrated IMO. It seems like most people on car forums recommend getting the Super Sports, but the A/S 3s are perfect for someone like me who has to commute daily through heavy rain and occasional snow in the winter. Besides, you get longer tread life from a cheaper tire that still has ~90% of the performance capability.

Summer tires are not really suitable for an A to B cruiser. The tread doesn't last as long as an all season and you have less traction in mud and snow. The way I see it an all season compound tire is a better investment since they offer extended range and extended mobility for a similar price

potenza re-71R

Street tires in general are getting to the point where summer/all-season performance/compound differences are becoming blurred.
But on the street when the road gets tough and/or wet, you'll start to notice the differences of the stickier extreme water evacuating street summer tires once pushed immediately.
There are several UHP summer tires that offer both great dry/damp grip and are very resistant to hydroplaning. These usually feature long diagonal ribs. One problem with them is that the long – and thus flexible – diagonal ribs give some drivers the feeling that they’re about to lose control long, long before the tires start to slide (hydroplane).
People sometimes claim their summer tires have no grip in the wet. A look at the tires shows If there’s less than 4/32nds inch of tread on the rear then their might be issues of hydroplaning and not damp-road grip.

Not all all-season UHP tires are bad, and not all summer tires are great. But all-season tires offer less damp-road grip than otherwise equal summer (or, better named, “three-season”) tires . . . on the street.

...that's why I'm saying that I prefer to get the longer lasting A/S version. Sure, it's still a "performance" compound but the tread life is not much less than your standard non performance oriented passenger tire. I drive a wrx and about half my commute is touge so I wouldn't exactly say that I'm in the market for a strictly "A to B cruiser" tire.

>inb4 separate sets of winter and summer tires

Not all of us have space for an extra set of wheels/tires.

youre forgetting about the fron tires which have to cut through the water in the first place and leave a clean swath of pavement for the rear tires

Four different brands of all season. of varying age and tread wear on all four corners. The right front tire is actually kind of good.

having less tread on the rear is more dangerous than having less tread on the front which can lead to a more dangerous unsavable oversteer situation

In an oversteer situation, the rear tires will begin to slide and are very difficult to correct. However, if the front tires have significantly less tread depth than the rear tires, the front tires will begin to hydroplane and lose traction on wet roads before the rear tires. While this will cause the vehicle to understeer, you can correct this by releasing the gas pedal, staying off the brake and allowing the vehicle's weight to shift forward and load on the front tires to improve grip while you regain control.

UHP *all-season

I heard the DZII has pretty good treadlife for a extreme street tire, better than what I've heard from the Super Sports

I believe Continental holds the record for highest wet traction performance street tires

gondi bro gondagds

breddy gud :DDDD

>BFGoodrich G-force sport comp
Beware the detreading. It's common with those tires.
Should've bought Conti Extremecontact DW's.

Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs.

When I bought them, they were among the top of their class for dry grip, and had good wet grip, which is very important to me because it rains a lot here. I don't know how they rate now, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of them.

Citation?

Citation for what? The detreading?
You'll have to just deal with my Anecdote and experience with them on multiple cars (FWD and RWD) and in different sizes. This is consistent behavior.

For the Conti's being the best, it was either a MT or C&D test a few years back. I can't be arsed to find it.

should I bother shelling out for michelin PSS tires for my ecoboost mustang when the factory pirellis wear out or is it not worth the money if it's just my dd

potenza re003 because it came with the car

I did a lot of research before buying and never came across that. All publications had them rated super high and I somehow doubt they'd still sell the same tire after a publicized detreading issue but I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

>he bought a 4cyl pony car

top lel

>implying the ecoboost premium isn't the perfect dd for someone without kids

Kumho ecstasy pa31 because cheap with tire rack rebate card.

they're still good

best all around is still bridgestone, buuuut Kumho now has a tire that outperforms both but ONLY in the dry

The question should be how much performance do you want and what's your driving style

do you prefer summer or all-season? Only 1 tire set?

it doesn't really ever get cold enough where I live to need all seasons. I guess what I'm asking is how noticeable the difference would be between generic firestone all-seasons and a good pair of summer tires in a non track setting.

If you turn your wheel to take a corner spiritedly on the street and don't ever get any noise from your tires or your ABS never activates under heavy braking- you probably won't notice

The only thing you'll notice then would be quicker wheel turn response and better wet traction

If you wanna give em a test, the Sumi HTR ZIII aren't pretty damn good and cheap in the summer category (Kumhos being better in the all-season).

Yokahama S-Drives...confidence in the rain!!!

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's

Dunlop LM704's on my 323.

Those are fake Yokos, legit Yokos are made in Japan, faggot.

no m8

Now - Continental Sport Contact (dunno which ones).
Before - Dunlop Sport BluResponse.

Both do their job, but I don`t hoon my car so no idea which ones heve better grip.

your car has beautiful paint user

whatever I can get for free (or for little money) from my previous workplace.

currently have michelin pilot sports in the front and some sort of goodyear tires in the back.

Semperit was an austrian tire company. They made really good tires from the 60s until around 2000, but after that they drastically reduced the costs, started plants in eastern europe and eventually they stopped production in 2009 or something.

Thanks man, she had a respray not that long ago

Direzza Z2
Because miat and only 185 wide.
Like shit to a blanket when they're warm, though.

Potenza RE003s

what are they like?

about to buy a pair, are they sticky AF?

whatever shitty non h rated tires it came with

Cheapest ones I could find, because i'm poor

About to throw on a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports to replace the OE Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's

Pricey but I hope they're worth it.

Generic Avon all-weathers. A set came with the car and worked well enough, and performance tires would be a fucking waste on my DD.
It's not a fast car, or even a hot hatch. It's just a nice car I can gain experience and NCB and credit rating on. And that won't break for a few years.

What kind of retarded are you???

falken azenis fk453

ContiPremium 5s.

Fucking loved these tires. Anyone know where I can still get some?

Not him but I have Ventus v12 and they are an excellent compromise tire. I also have re71r and they are fucking awesome

*tyre

Tire rack?

Whatever tires a mexican guy named Nacho sells me for dirt cheap.

Continental ExtremeContact DW

Wanted some real good summers for my truck.

Might buy a set of Michelin PSS. I got Bridgestone S04 PP now. Wat yall think?

Michelin Cross Climate all year round.

£60 a corner supplied and fitted, plenty of grip in summer and works very well in the snow and ice when winter comes.

I don't drive my car particularly hard on the road so I'm sure if you did you might want to go for a true summer tyre and then swap for winters, but for me these work very well and are cost effective.

Bridgestone Potenza S 04 Pole Position

255/35R19 front
285/30R19 rear

Came from Potenza RE 050A Scuderia's. They were good, but the Pole Position's are fucking incredible. Eliminated my understeer.

I run the same lines, same speed, gearing, etc and it was a night and day difference with the Pole Position one's.

Never used Michelin tires on my M3 but PSS really can be had for not that much more.

I tracked this for 3 years before even registering for the road. Always used Nexen N3000.

Michelin makes a great product though. Superior tires compared to other tiremakers.

I used AS3's on the Acura and they were outstanding especially in wet conditions.

Also use 2CT's on the R1 and they were more sticky new than the stock Dunlop's were ever even well worn in.

>Anything but Pirelli, Bridgestone, or Dunlop
>all these europoos

you spelled tire wrong

Some chinese 20$ tires.
Interestingly today while heel toeing I managed to get onto my right 2 wheels and skiing into the corner.

i'm a europoor and i roll on pirellis. i never really hear about them on Veeky Forums though, everyone's like muh MPSS

Hi blue Supra user.

I'm using some Bridgestone Potenza, not as grippy as my old F1s but it's a lot more sensitive, I can feel everything on the road.

op here

in terms of just pure quality of materials and tread/compound engineering- Michelin is the best period

sure, there are tires that will either offer more performance or longevity in certain areas, but Michelin offers the best quality in the best all around package

Honestly, the only reason to not like Michelin would be because they're French . .

BFGoodrich Commercial A/T 2 M+S

Nankang

the absolute cheapest asians ones they had.

i just need rubber man

Just bought 4 new tires, 205/45/16 from discount tire direct.
Shit was only 220 dollars with free shipping I can't believe how cheap it was damn.
Based discount tire.

yiff in hell you fucking subhuman trash

Go back to playing racing games lmao
>>/ovg/

Currently four mismatched brands of different wear and tread type.

Going to buy a set of summer tires once I get paid though. I'm trying to be cheap and find someone selling a set of wheels with tires already on them. Fairly common, just not always on wheels I like.

go back to the gas chamber subhuman

We don't play racing games in /ovg/ anymore, we just shitpost like the rest of Veeky Forums

Im looking to buy a Vette and im in california. What would be th best tires for sunny and hot as balls weather.

Ohtsu fp0612 all season.

They were cheap and i needed some new tires so I said why not. I've only driven about 1k miles on them but in that time i drove in a couple downpours and they actually did surprisingly well for a Taiwanese tire

Ecopia 200somthing

Pirelli P Zero Rosso on my GTI. Looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3 or Uniroyal RS3 for the next set.

Yeh man the grip is fantastic in the dry, got to use them in the wet the other day too and was pretty happy with how they went.

hi