Car Security

What security enhancements have you done to your vehicle and how do you prevent degenerates from stealing your plates?

Ornery nocar busriders need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000
shop.cyclopsantitheft.com/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15409026
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293
nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/dealing-with-abandoned-vehicles-your-neighborhood.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>robertson
>secure
You need yourself some of these, OP.

Why are you worried about people stealing your plates?

Why do you live in an area where would people would do that?

Why, is it that difficult to apply for a lost plate?

What am i looking at here?
Also, I've installed a fuel pump shutoff switch which is activated by a solenoid, which itself, is switched by a hall-effect sensor and an arduino.
Wave a magnet at a very specific location to arm / disarm it

Yeah....

People steal just about anything around here, but I've never once heard of somebody getting their plates stolen.

If you're that worried just use a torx head or something uncommon for the average crackhead thief to have.

Torx isn't as underground as you may think

That's pretty clever, I gotta try something like that sometime. How reliable has the arduino been?

I don't even have a locking diesel cap on my truck.

I didn't use to lock the doors either, and left all my tools there overnight.

But last year an African "refugee" tried to break in trough the rear window, and got stuck in the ladder rack real bad.

The police told me to let him go.
I bought an alarm with a vibration sensor thing, but havent installed it yet

Moved to a low crime city.

What do you guys think about 'pedal locks'?

>no neutral safety
>lock throttle open when in shitty neighborhoods

I drive manual anyway.

It's not uncommon for thieves to steal plates off of similar vehicles and put them on a different vehicle, such as a stolen vehicle or a vehicle that will be used in a robbery. It was a big thing for gas thieves a while ago.

There are also semi-frequent threads about people getting their vanity plates stolen.

Driving a manual in America is enough security for me.

I had a fuel cutoff switch and a hood lock on my mustang because It was too old to have an alarm and I didn't need a gas cap lock because most people have no clue where the gas cap was. but on my golf I just have own a manual because i'm never in a bad area and It has a gas cap cover that has to be unlatched from an inside switch from the factory

driving stick is good enough. most ameriburgers cant drive stick let alone niggers

viper alarm and one of those newer ford pats systems. cant start car without the key

Main reason i got a manual corolla. Its one of the most stolen cars in the us.

I bought a manual

>manual
>secret fuel pump shutoff switch
>when I replaced the wiring harness, I made my own using all the same color of wire
>all the controls have been replaced with unlabled toggle switches

People have figured out how to peel the renewal tabs off plates so as not to have to pay for their own.

You've got to screw around with a heavy steel box and stow it somewhere while driving. No thanks.

Most effective anti theft device ever conceived: A big knob labeled "CHOKE" on the dashboard.

But its better than getting your car stolen.

Almost as good as an older IDI diesel with the glow plug cycle on a seperate switch. There is no way anyone will ever get that started.

A rollback doesn't care about your shitty pedalbox

i have rigged a grenade to explode if i don't push the right sequence of buttons within 5 mins of starting the car

Neither does a helicopter.

But its unlikely a car will be stolen by a low loader or a helicopter.
Sounds like you're trying to make up excuses.

Even if the theives use a low loader, how will they get it out of gear?

If you put the car in 1st and let it come to rest on the gear you won't ge able to get it out unless you use the clutch.

They can just drag it using the winch but that makes a lot of noise.

If you start my car and don't press the clutch in fully 5 times in a row after starting it the car self destructs

I have also rigged multiple grenades to mar car. They only go off if you open any of my doors, I enter through the sun roof every time.

>Why are you worried about people stealing your plates?
Because spics and niggers need a getaway car to haul loot from burglaries or other crimes especially if they have to commute somewhere. But since the stolen car is immediately reported to the police, they steal (swap) plates from a similar looking car to use. That way, the police don't notice the stolen car and the criiminals have enough time to use the stolen car in the actual crimes they want to pull.

I rivet mine in place it hold fine

I don't live in a shitty town, so I haven't had to improve the stock security system.

My state has the tag number duplicated on the renewal sticker

>Why, is it that difficult to apply for a lost plate?
Difficulty of replacement is not the issue. You can put $80 cash on the trunk lid each night and it is super easy to replace right? Just take another $80 out of your wallet and plunk it down and walk away. That was super easy to do, so that is what you recommend.

My vanity plates cost a lot more to replace each time they are stolen. I'm at the point where I just want to find a way to have hooks to remove them when parked and display them in the window. When driving, just re-hang the plates. But haven't found any "hook" type bolts. May have to reverse mount bolts and then use wing nuts to secure the plates. Plastic washers stop the wing nuts from scratching the surface of the vanity plates.

Or you could just pull a fucking fuse.

Retard.

>hurr let me set this metal box up, only takes me 25 minutes

Replacement for plate: $40
Additional replacement fee for vanity plate: $60
Stolen Tab replacement : $15
Temporary Paper License: free with plate order
Handling fee for processing above 4 items: $5

Wait of 3 to 4 weeks for plates to arrive at office.
In meantime, have to put up stupid temporary paper license.
My tint shop likes me, so I went and they laminated the paper license into a license-plate-sized shape that fits into my old license plate area so I don't have to stick it up on the tinted window.

Make another trip to DOL office to pick up plates.
Office is open only 9AM to 5PM so have to do that during work hours. Now that's damn annoying because the work day starts at 7AM. So it's go to work, hope no meetings stop me, leave work, wait in line, come back to work.

On Craigslist and even eBay there are a surprising amount of listings for "novelty" and "man cave" license plates. Sure enough you can easily tell they are fairly recent legitimate plates, many times novelty.

Thieves don't only steal plates for crimes in similar model vehicles, but also to sell them to people for novelty uses.

If you never had a plate stolen, it's most likely because you either keep your vehicle in a garage or because you're just using a standard generic plate and not a customized or vanity plate.

Not to mention the possibility of damaging your vehicle trying to get a plate off. If your plate bracket assembly looks like it was installed by a full blown autismo, they're more likely to not even try since it would be too time consuming and increase the likelihood of getting caught.

So you're retarted ?

Or use what car dealers use?

Forgot pic

Car thieves are the ones most likely to know how to drive manual. Soccermom Sue and Officeworker John don't, but you can bet your ass that Jóśé and Tyrone do.

>May have to reverse mount bolts and then use wing nuts to secure the plates.

The reason why I mentioned bolts sticking out on which I then hang the plates is due to wear and tear. Removing and replacing screws over and over will wear out the plastic screw hole in the car. Thus, the next choice is to mount a bolt such that the screw thread portion sticks out enough for the licence plate to hang on that. Then a wing nut with plastic washer fastens the plate on without scratching the vanity plate.

Not that I would, but if I were ever to sell or junk the car, I would take advantage of the waning opportunity and "lose" the plates so I would order new plates. The vanity name I have is a REALLY good catchy one which is why people steal my plates. Please note, my car lives in my garage or goes to work in a fenced guarded (real live armed guards) so I fear no thievery there and the plates stay on at work. It's going shopping that the plates can disappear because it takes five seconds to unscrew a normal shallow license plate screw so it's 10 seconds to steal a plate.

Crimes of opportunity occur. Look at how OP in this thread describes a black woman who just arrived to go shopping. On their way in to the shops or on the way back to their car, some people look for opportunities to score some loot.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15523000/#q15523000

>motorcycle fag strolls by
>"just like my harley! dude i could steal this and sell it for meth"

Thatd probably do a good job, sure does keep me from getting out of my jail cell.

I need a few of those bits...

if the screw is cheap it can be easy to break the pin using a flathead

Security screws don't work on license plate holders because the socket is low-friction plastic. So using a small bladed screwdriver and jamming it in and twisting sideways can make the screw spin around enough. Once enough of the head is above the surface of the plate, fingers can finish turning out the screw. Or vise grips or regular pliers to get the screw started turning.

Security screws are only good if they can be physically very tight and difficult to begin turning them out of their screw hole.

Take four small nails and tape them together. The points go into the angled out parts of the screw head. Use vise grip pliers to turn the group of nails and the screw will turn out of its hole. Only a few turns are necessary before enough of the screw has risen up to where the vise grips can latch onto the screw head to finish removing the screw.

niggers don't care about braking

lol cans I just stick whatever hex key fits in there and steal your plates regardless?

this seems like a good alternative. it replaces the starter relay.

shop.cyclopsantitheft.com/

Wheel lock, brake lock, hidden immobilizer, manual transmission.

If they wan't it they'll need a forklift.
Or some buff dudes, the PoS only weighs 880kg.

>What security enhancements have you done to your vehicle and how do you prevent degenerates

See the archived Grand Theft Auto theft thread at:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15409026

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293

>moving to Detroit next year
>hoping for practical advice on how to protect my property
>it's just 250 posts of people bitching about niggers

Or a flatbed with a winch.

>>moving to Detroit next year
There are lots of good areas in Detroit still and those are the ones protected by the police and fire with "standard" or exceptional protection. The other areas get substandard attention.

One detroit suburb city is being taken over by muslims. They have voting majority and have changed city and school laws. It's america's first muslim-run city. Due to low property costs, you can expect more muslim refugees to take over and remake Detroit as a muslim cultural stronghold.

some vehicles screw into plastic inserts, some vehicle screw directly into the trunk. some vehicles have a bracket with metal inserts.

MOST cars either have coarse screws directly into bumpers or have speed nut inserts with machine screws holding the plates on.

If someone wants your plate, its not difficult to get off. Never seen a security Phillips though.

if you really hate yourself use these screws to hold your plates on

Problem is, if the guy REALLY wants your plates he'll probably just pull the living FUCK out of it until it comes off

im soooo tired of this lame ass meme

you arent special

any car thief will know how to drive stick

>If someone wants your plate, its not difficult to get off. Never seen a security Phillips though.
>Problem is, if the guy REALLY wants your plates he'll probably just pull the living FUCK out of it until it comes off

That's why a method to remove your vanity plates and replace them is necessary if your area is plagued by thieves. Or if it can be anonymously done, the car is left out as bait. You have an airgun bought out of state for cash. You must leave your smartphone at home to prevent location tracking and borrow a friend's car (or use bus/taxi) to get to the store if your car has any sort of "phone home" location tracking (onstar, hondalink, enform). You will shoot the thief anonymously in the leg. If reported, the police will suspect the nearest house as well as the owner of the car.

The air gun must be bought out of state if possible while partially disguised to hide your ears, hairline, and eyes. That's because the next solution will have you fighting the police database of weapon purchasers which seeks a complete digital picture of all weapon purchasers to do computerized matching. Police wear cameras, so they can take your picture that way for matching against store security scan records.

> Enhancements
Alarm set to 'medium security'.

> Prevent the plates vanishing
Nothing other than not living in an area things get stolen from.

>Alarm set to 'medium security'.

There are "proximity" alarms that will sound off if someone approaches the car. I encountered that yesterday night with a beautifully restored mustang convertible. It parked next to my car. When I got close to its rear when approaching my car, it chirped warningly. I got into my car fast since it chirped again. I bet the 3rd time it wouldn't chirp but wail once. The 4th time it would probably wail for 29 (or slightly less) seconds.

What the fuck kind of drugs are you on?

It's the fantasy of shooting thieves but being legally unable to. There are states where you cannot simply shoot the thief that is actually inside your house for example. In many places, that results in fairly bold thieves. in a different thread a month back, someone heard a window breaking noise out in his driveway so he went out and shouted at the black person that was going into his car looking for stuff. The black person basically ignored the homeowner shouting and went to the next car to break yet another window. They know if they wear a hoodie and sunglasses they can beat the rap in court. The homeowner drew out his gun to brandish it and the black man then ran off. That was his area.

In my area, blacks will lounge around ATM spots even at malls and rob you and withdraw from your account right there. I know because one well dressed black male tried to do that to me but just before he could grab me or take over my session at the ATM, I ran off with my bank card into a store next to the ATM. No doubt the black man thought I was yet another racist pig not helping BLM blacks earn a living. Thieves get pretty bold when county jails are nice environments than the homeless camps. Our liberal-run jails aren't run like how Sheriff Arpaio (phoenix arizona) runs his jail which discourages people from living in them for 80% of their lives due to recidivism. .

That would entail dragging the rear tires though.
But yes, if they wanted to manhandle it and move it as an object, doable, but to drive it off as a car, not gonna happen.

Stock alarm/immobiliser, man.

Also, I live in fucking england. If I had a proximity alarm, it'd be set off at 3AM by the milkman.
And by the postman in the afternoon.
Then by two sets of neighbours.
And there's a park nearby that people use to walk dogs in, so it'd be going off every 30 seconds between 4PM and nighttime.

And because of the 'car alarms always go off' meme, nobody pays attention to it. Best you'll get is a call to the police about noise pollution, and fined for disturbing the peace.

Trying parking in a garage you worthless poorfag.

My car looks like shit and has tons of stickers
not exactly a stealth car

Why not just rivet them in

>that'll be $1.50 says the bus driver to the bus rider

I own the oldest/cheapest car on the street

I'm untouchable

You deserve it nigger

Security Cow

Not a trunk monkey?

It's not nice to make fun of your mother.

>security cow

In my state, if my vanity plate gets stolen, I AM SCREWED. There IS NO REPLACEMENT. PERIOD. No matter how much money I try to give the bloodsuckers, the law is that if the plate is STOLEN, it is INVALIDATED and cannot be reissued.

If I ever come back to my truck and it has dead batteries and fucked up plugs, I'll know what happened

Oval head screws are the work of the devil, regardless of the driver type.

>"needing" a vanity plate.

You don't trip up here on Veeky Forums so why would need to be known in the real world?

>You don't trip up here on Veeky Forums so why would need to be known in the real world?

Because some people like to be unique. Or they just find it personally amusing to indulge their whim. Or they have a circle of friends (which you are obviously not a part of) that finds unique quirks amusing.

This makes it easier to steal it has no key chip in

I used to take my steering wheel in the house with me every night years ago. Bad neighborhood.

>I own the oldest/cheapest car on the street

What stopped 95% of the car thefts by the traditional old theft methods was when newer cars got immobilization features built-in which were next to impossible to defeat because they were part of the car's computer. Can't yank the computer because then the car won't drive.

Of course, car thefts didn't drop 95%. Thieves adapt. Thieves changed priority to different methods such as stealing the drivers' chipped keys (or keyfob) by pickpocket, scams, fraud, robbery, mugging, burglary, carjacking, or car prowling. Some criminals even "towed" the profitable cars by winching them up onto trailers. Despite thieves adapting, the GTA type crimes did severely drop for various cars.

People often go LOL why bother, it will get stolen anyways.

But crime prevention does work (for you) when thieves avoid your stuff and steal from someone else. Just because stores can't stop shoplifting, that's still no reason to stop trying to stop it. Just because muslim terrorism can't be stopped (as historically proven with centuries of terrorist style tactics in country after country that were conquered and became Islamic),

>Or a flatbed with a winch.
They use cheap stolen trailers and winch cars onto them. At one HOA monthly meeting of all homeowners, we received warning from the police rep to be aware of nearby parked car trailers that are owned by no one in the neighborhood.

>we received warning from the police rep to be aware
Lol, I've heard similar.

God forbid they increase patrols. It's always "call us, do not approach or interact". Meanwhile when you do call they're backlogged for at least an hour, long after the upstanding members of some minority community are long gone and it's safe for them.

Here's advice: Own a 6D maglite.

Or a gun.

>It's always "call us, do not approach or interact".

The police get too many reports of battered homeowners who lost to the homeless thief or the homeless camping by their house. But a lot of times, the police don't handle something and the homeowner is then "forced" to try to do something. But when the homeowner gets beaten up, the police go back to their stock saying of "call us, do not approach or interact" finger pointing at the frustrated homeowner.

Basically, homeless live in vans and other vehicles in front of people's homes. They dump their trash anonymously which of course irritates homeowners who have to pick it up AND pay extra money if that extra trash causes them to go over their trash allotment. And needles. And broken glass. And poop. And car prowling. The homeless move their cars 30 feet every 71 hours to circumvent the abandoned vehicle law.

In many ways the homeless "rule" the area. Certainly not in the whole sense of the word. But they use Chilling Effect to great avail. They make a lot of noise and problems in the public library but patrons are afraid to confront for fear of losing the ability to use the library. If you confront, your car can be keyed or stuff dumped on it. One homeowner had his TV stolen out of his garage (they bash in a panel) but was confronted with "it's not yours, leave us alone, we know where you live in your wood house". That homeowner backed off in fear and the police had no response. Of course they use water from your water hoses and you can't stop them. On the west side, one guy did stop them. So when he came back home, someone had anonymously filled his basement with water by jamming the hose thru a window and turning the water on. H/o/meless G/o/od. H/o/meless str/o/ng.

>people stealing your plates is a problem in america
today I learned something

I would just leave poisoned food and steel traps everywhere on my property.

Huh, your country doesnt have that? People will steal them to put on another car. So they can commit a crime and change back. Or drive without paying for a set. Same way people use fake tags.

In france, plate number is tied to the vehicle.

I mean, if the guy steals the plate of my twingo and put it on his miata, it won't work.

You misunderstand why people steal license plates.

The purpose of stealing plates is not to have long term free licensing of the car. It is to fool witnesses who see the car. They will end up reporting the wrong license plate. After getting done, the criminals trade plates back. That's for the cases where the criminals are unable to steal a different car but must drive their own car in order to case a HOA neighborhood.**1

The other approach is for criminals to steal a car to use in a crime. Since the stolen car is reported immediately, the thieves trade license plates to a similar looking car. That way no one suspects their stolen car until they abandon it and move the loot to their real car or loot dropoff point.

Note **1:
A former coworker lived in a semi-secured (semi-private) neighborhood. Various people spotted a car not belonging in the neighborhood driving around. Because it was a block watch neighborhood with multiple witnesses reporting the same license plate, the police didn't do their usual excuse of "we will follow up (but actually do nothing)" and they actually did check. The plates belonged to someone else far away who had reported their plates traded (stolen).

The difference is that a gun can cause all types of problems for you, even if you're the victim. Especially in bumfuck liberal areas like California.

Devices that serve an actual purpose like the maglite are "of the moment" type things where it's not legally a weapon, but at the same time it's an incredibly effective weapon.

It's a shame they don't sell the 7D maglite anymore. Nothing like having a 4' long flashlight full of D-cells.

You wouldn't steal a cargo van plate and put it on a miata.

Last night they steal a red honda civic. They will walk around the area and find another red honda civic and then take the plates off it, either one or both. The owner of the "donor" car is much more unlikely to notice a plate missing.

They put the "clean" plate on the stolen car and now suddenly that stolen car can have it's plates run by random cops while it's driving without being returned as stolen. This enables easy transportation for either further crimes or crossing state lines for chop shops.

And of course, if the stolen car with "donor" plates is used in a crime, the owner of the car who's plates were stolen from would be the initial suspect and give the actual criminals more time to haul ass.

Just because it hasn't happened to you in france doesn't mean it hasn't happened to your neighbor. Just like because you haven't been shanked by a refugee doesn't mean your neighbor's daughter wasn't raped by one last week.

Yeah normally a thief wouldnt steal a flatbed and then steal a car with that stolen flatbed. Ive seen a similar setup when a scrapper took one of my cars to the dump. He had a low, long and wide multipurpose type trailer and a winch nigger-bolted to a frame rail in the front.

>They move 30 feet every 71 hours
I have heard this a thousand times. Every single one of them on this board. Something doesn't add up. Probably fags living in shit states that don't let you shoot people for doing shit like that. If I confront a homeless man squatting on my curb, and he attacks me, he's gonna get a lead enema, and the responding officers will thank me for making it easy on them by making sure he was dead.

t. Texan

>Something doesn't add up.

That's because you live in an area that is conservative. Liberal areas have problems enforcing laws against homeless due to discrimination lawsuits. Thus those areas have laws like yours but often can't enforce them against blacks and latinos.

Your Texas area should have an abandoned vehicle policy. If you look it up, it will have so many days or hours. So if some unknown vehicle legally parks in front of your house, you can call it in as a complaint to the police. The time is noted. After the amount of time expires, if the vehicle is still there AND the police come by to escort the tow truck and certify it is a legal tow, the vehicle is removed. But only after the period of time.

nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/dealing-with-abandoned-vehicles-your-neighborhood.html

>I have heard this a thousand times.
Then this is my first time to say it. And your 1001th time to hear it. Ha ha.

You hear that 72 hours or 71 hours so often because that is the standard time in most cities across the USA. That's not the time in my area though. I am in an HOA which totally owns everything. So I can call for a vehicle to be banished RIGHT NOW instantly as long as it is not another homeowner's car, official guest car, or special maintenance vehicle. That's because I am one of the owners of the private property that car is on. So no 72 hours for me. 45 minutes is the usual time for a tow to appear. Tow companies are protected by the results of a state lawsuit too. Once the legal tow is in progress, the car owner cannot stop it unless he pays for the tow process as if it were to be completed. So we have no homeless squatters in my neighborhood.

And you can't attack a homeless here as BLM will make sure you are fired from your job and your name/address are published for vandalisms. BLM is quite mean spirited because it is a RETRIBUTION HATE GROUP in how it operates. Pyrrhic victory for you.

lol