Veeky Forums please explain stance culture to me

Veeky Forums please explain stance culture to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhq7McZKRqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know the bug catching fetish? Basically that with vaping mixed in.

Its shit

>implying even stancefags understand their shit taste

"Anything worth doing is worth over doing" - hella flush.

Different people like different things.

It's like asking "why do people drive miatas?" People who like it will say it's a fun car, and people who don't like it will say it's gay

It looks cool
Pretty much it

>people like deliberately modifying their car within an inch of its life accomplishing nothing but aesthetics
Ill never understand this

Pic is hot off the press from a couple days ago. Same guy has popped his tire off a couple of times, broken a few bodykits, and even cracked his diff but still doesnt learn

>forgot pic

It's a step towards non-generic living. Although there a other steps right next to it, some people still choose this one.

>stop liking what I don't like

buying expensive tires every 3 weeks = cool

is lowering a car as bad as stance?

They stretch so than can buy the smaller sized and cheaper tires

because not everyone enjoys the same things why the fuck else

A huge group of people who hate how their car looks, but pretends to because they *believe* everyone else in the group does. They want acceptance in this group because they are too scared of being part of a car culture that has actual competition. They sit around, acting as if they like the look of broken useless cars because they alternative means actually having to deal with the possibility of losing.

There is this group of people, mostly college age dudebros who vape and wear fitted caps, who think a car that sits like the cartoon depiction of a car packed full of fat people looks cool. They don't care about having fun with their cars, they just want to look the coolest to their peer group, so they lower their cars further until they can't go any lower without being completely stationary. They still want more, so they camber the wheels until only 1/3 of the tire touches the ground. They still want more, so they buy wider, shinier wheels and stretch skinnier tires because hey the japanese did it and they're cool so why not?

Some of them splinter off into separate factions too.

There are the hardparkers, who don't want to have to drive diagonally on every ramp, driveway and speed bump, so they install air ride suspension and drop the car until it scrapes just before they arrive at a stance meet, where they park and let all of the air out until the car literally cannot move because the underbody is resting on the ground.

And there are the static drop guys, who ramble on between sucks on their vapeboxes about how the hardparkers are pussies who aren't committed to the "lifestyle". These guys are the radicals, nobody thinks they're cool except other static drop guys.

>They don't like it but they do it anyway
Wtf are you talking about. No one would do it if they didn't like the

It's because they want attention, like any car enthusiast. its just another "Look at me i'm so cool" type of thing.

Nothing wrong with a tasteful lowering. Slamming = full retard

A tribute to "zokusha" traditional car culture from the 80's and early 90's in Japan. Literally translates as "gang car." Low to the floor with small, deep-dish wheels that mimic touring car silhouette cars back then. But even this street style was copied from the German car tuning scene where lowering the VW Bug to the floor predates all of this.

If you don't understand a certain fascination towards a car culture, you haven't experienced or met these people or have lived near an area where this car culture exist. To some people this is very desirable. The roots go way deep and back decades; it isn't new.

>like any car enthusiast

u wot

Cars are a ridiculously expensive, time consuming, semi-dangerous, and not all that attractive hobby. Car enthusiasts mess around with cars it for the love of cars. Attention enthusiasts are the ones who like stance cars.

>It's because they want attention, like any car enthusiast
I'd wager that quite a few car enthusiasts don't care about attention at all and just want to have fun. I count as one, my car appears practically stock on the outside but makes twice as much power as it did stock and has completely refreshed suspension, tuned coilovers, lightweight wheels, and high performance tires. I know most enthusiasts who drive Miatas probably fit into this group.

Scotty Kilmer hates it so Veeky Forums blindly follows his lead.

>Subaru
>Tacky window stickers
>Tattoos
>Middle finger
>Ugly bodykit
>Stanced

This is the epitome of "I'm cool, right guys?"

I bet he drives that thing around thinking everyone is looking at him cause he's cool, when in reality their wondering what is wrong with his car

I miss when WRX STIs were known as boyracer cars instead of vapemobiles.

I admire WRX's and STI's but only if they arent lowered. I love the rally look

>windshield covered in stickers
>fake tow hook
>crappy widebody flares
>huge shiny wheels
>stretched tires
>extreme camber
>so low the lip will scrape on a quarter
>backwards flat bill cap
>tattoos everywhere
>flicking the camera off
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a more cancerous stance picture. This is guy is so desperate for attention that if you put him in solitary confinement he would probably starve himself to death as a latch ditch effort to get you to pay attention to him.

Let's not pretend that hard parkers with tens of thousands spent on performance modifications aren't a common sight
Or supercar owners

Regular responses.jpg

>stanced supercars
>implying they didn't buy it 100% for the attention and status symbol aspect

wow youre so cool and so much better than everyone else

Tasteful lowering for paved surface performance is fine, but they do look good in rally-ish spec too. Pretty fuckin' hyped for what we'll be able to do to them in FH3, I remember seeing one with a bull bar, WRC wing, roof rack, and a lift in the FH3 reveal trailer.

Again, attention. Those performance parts on hardparked cars are just there for the brand name and maybe to look shiny. Same thing with the badge on the supercar.
I don't think he implied that.

You're right, on social media people will take any opportunity to post a pic of their shitty car, its especially funny when they're trying to impress a girl on her status when it isnt even about a car in the first place

>i like driving a dangerous car with no regard to laws or others around me
Im sure glad i dont like that. Kill yourself

I'm not cool but I know I'm better than you.

That is exactly what he implied
Everyone that talks shit about stance only does so to boost their ego and jerk off with other le supreme enthusiasts faggots

>huur you aren't as hardcore as me in my 80hp rusted out miata that I almost put into a guard rail every weekend, I'm a real enthusiast and you're a poser!
There are lots of things about cars to be enthusiastic about, someone into building vip rides is no less of an enthusiast than a weekend track warrior.

The car scene is a bunch of "I hate every car that isnt mine" and drama/whining. I dont see the appeal of being a huge faggot

>I'm so extremely modest and different, unlike those other posers...
>Miata

I don't drive a miata you dipshit, learn to read.

>roots
>pre dates
>traditional
>back then
>decades

He literally just described his car, his view of being a "car enthusiast", and made a statement on a large variety of car enthusiasts which is fairly accurate. I really think you're reading into something that isn't there.

>he
>implying youre not samefagging

Post time between and is less than a minute and we type differently. I thought he was a little autistic with but I didn't make a huge deal out of it.

Either tune for performance, or gtfo with your special snowflake stance nonsense. Literally the only people jerking off to it are other vaping stance fags. There is literally no benefit to what they're doing other than their special snowflake status. Fuuuu...I cannot wait for municipalities making that shit illegal and start impounding those pieces of shit because they are deemed too unsafe for public roads.

Jesus you sound like me when I was put onto painkillers two years ago. They're nice to laugh at but most of them are going to drive reasonably well enough and be in for repairs more than they are on the road.

>No benefit
And there's no benefit to modifying a car for performance

>bbbut muh speed
Illegal. Enjoy your increased maintenance, worse fuel economy, worse reliability and limited usability

By the way, fags like you in your "race Kar spec miatas" cause infinite more fatal accidents than stance Bros
Get off the road baby killer

It's hard to explain unless you've seen this before, unless you have you will think that post is illogical.

>tracks, rallies, strips, tuning etc
require some sort of driving skill

rest goes like this:
>Hmmm, I know I will always be a piece of shit at every form of competition
>How can I remove competition so I don't fail?
>ironically ruin my car so whenever I'm challenged I can just say I'm past all that racing/fun stuff
>(they still really want to race)

the sad part is that stancefags hate other stancefags because they think they are competing with each other, ie who is the lowest. Stance meetups are quantum bullshit in which they wish that nobody would show up and then pine for people to show up, this is the only way they can "win". Stancing is the most perfect and shittiest cancer mix of hipster, cars, participation awards, and fear of losing

>defending stance

Every furfaggot likes stance.
Really makes you think.

>lol u wasted cash on any performance
>what is a track
anti-competitionfag spotted

I thought their competitions were who scraped the most going into parking lots?

youtube.com/watch?v=dhq7McZKRqY

>And there's no benefit to modifying a car for performance
It's fun. People with disposable income get to do this thing called spending money on entertainment.

>Illegal.
Not if you don't get caught and not when I go to track days, autocrosses and drag strips

>Enjoy your increased maintenance,
debatable

>worse fuel economy,
destitute whiny bitch detected

>worse reliability
debatable

>and limited usability
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
My car's capability is better in every way since I modified it for performance. It stops faster, it corners better, it's more stable, it accelerates faster, it's safer.

>projecting your inability to compete
Detected the fatty in high school who stayed home every sports carnival

What the fuck is a sports carnival

>muh fun
The exact same reason people like stance. Thanks for killing your own argument

>but my idea of fun is superior to their idea of fun!!
Maybe /v/ is more suited to your mentality, fucking cancerous child

Maybe they aren't a thing in America bevause of the obesity epidemic

>The exact same reason people like stance. Thanks for killing your own argument
I didn't though, I've said nothing about stance.

OK I took a minute to google and it's just a name for a competition between schools with multiple different events. We basically had that but more often than not the sports would require such different fields/arenas/courts they wouldn't be played in the same location.

Not on pain killers my friend, just high on life. When a tire is cambered so far off the center line to where the only contact surface to the road is the trailing edge, it is not safe. Furthermore, there is so much more force (weight of the vehicle/load, angular velocity, static friction) put on the inner side walls- that is not a safe way to drive. If it were, every manufacturer would offer that stanced setup.

My Negro, people have been modifying cars for performance since the invention of the automobile. Race tracks sprouted up everywhere. Try harder next time.

token car culture cancer cars

And people have been modifying cars for looks since they were invented. That's why car shows exist
Try harder

>huur it's not safe!
And yet the boy racers cause more fatal accidents in a single year in a single nation than all stance fags ovef the world in a century

No, I mean like I was as autistic as you on whatever chemical cocktail they had me on. I think stance is fucking stupid but you are even more ridiculous than them.

So, when two males love each other, one male sticks his penis in the other man's ass.

Stance is sort of like that, except WAY more flamboyantly gay

i guess it's kinda hard to cause a fatality when you can't drive anywhere

One of the things I find so miraculous about stancefags is their entire argument always boils down to insisting that they're having fun when we all know this is a complete lie. The problem with this argument is that "fun" becomes just like your old typical christian god argument wherein you take the other side and say "you can't prove I'm not having fun!" And any attempt to go against this you will throw up the same image macros about not letting other people have "fun". This will get people off your back in real life that you ironically tried to convert or whatever who can see right through your BS but you are only fooling yourself. Inevitably the thing that's stanced is a sports car as over 70% of the ones in this thread are so you're wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a shell with an engine inside that you'll never use more than 5% of. We will never be able to go into your mind to prove that you don't like it.

>No you aren't having fun!
Stopped reading there
Go back to /v/ you autist

>muh demographic
Now you're arguing semantics. Statistically speaking, you are correct, because the demographic of stance faggots is but a mere drop in the bucket of all cars on the road. However, since you're a fucking retard, I'll just tell you that 100% of all stance faggots use the absolute minimum of the safest part of a car tire 100% of the time. Does that make sense you cum guzzling faggot?

>boy racers
God damn, move the goal post. I never mentioned anything about boy racers. They are a scourge just as well. At least we agree there, but fuck me running, I mentioned race tracks and tuning for performance since the invention of the automobile so keep your counterargument on point, or kindly shut the fuck up.

Good to know.

they stretch for wheel to fender clearance. not to save money.

yes

Yes?

I have to know, or better yet, is there any way to know since it will be unreported.

How many years does a stanced car last on average?

these threads always so cringey

I wish Veeky Forums would stop being so ignorant about stance sometimes

kill yourself stancefaggot

Cringe but hilarious
I love the le supreme enthusiasts trying to push their false sense of superiority

>Waah waah the guy in a s class with tens of thousands in his build is a stupid faggot poser and I'm a reincarnation of senna in my rusted out stock miata!!!

t. assmad stancecuck

Bait

T. Newfag trip cunt

Stance is the highest level of automobile aesthetics, Busta bitch

>new

Yes new I haven't added you to my filter yet so you must be

>inb4 he gets triggered I can't see his posts
Roflmao

I can always erase my trip

try again, togay-king

ITT: stancefags get bullied back to instagram

Ive been on Veeky Forums longer than instagram has been around

honestly Veeky Forums was my 1st exposure to stance and is what caused me to start liking it around 2013 or 2012

and some people love the stanced look

and said people are huge faggots

Aesthetics.... its pretty fucking simple yo

Stance by its nature is counter competitive. Stance is for guys that can't race, aren't good at sports, etc. They weren't good at competing with things that involved effort, or skill, so they invented a "movement" that allowed them to buy their way in and up, lol. Their achievements are buy things not widely available or just being anti-conformist in the most conformist possible way.

>It's the kids that never get picked for kickball making their own game and crying to the teacher when bigger boys tell them that butt diddling isn't a sport.

oh boy

posting the text instead of just the image

I like it

I own a stanced car and race bike
Kys projecting cuckold

pics or no proof fag

Post your race car first Mr competition

raged

Widebody and fender flares are my fetish but I can't stand any stance trash

To a degree. Low can look real mean and a bit of camber gives it the "racecar" feel but le silly wheels detract from all of that.

>He thinks you need a race car to have fun on track or autocross days

demolished

>and race bike
Isn't this an MGTOW thing now? Along with fucking a tube.