Sup Veeky Forums anyone own one of these? any gripes about it? thinking about buying one

sup Veeky Forums anyone own one of these? any gripes about it? thinking about buying one

It's a corolla coupe

The Corolla will always be a decent buy if you need a daily. Its a very cheap car that can teach you a lot of basic stuff when getting into tuning.

do the corollas drive like the camrys? i hate the new camrys

I have the iM and i love the shit out of it

it's not really a corolla it's a scion tc

Only major downside is you can't do uber in it because it only has 2 doors.

Is a decent car for babbys first turbo experimentation but don't try to be a street racer with one. I know too many kids that roll these and tCs tryin to get 2fast2furious

Which is literally a corolla with an edgy 2 door facade

nah i don't care about that street racing stuff i just want a new car that doesn't have a thousand little things that bug me (i.e. huge a-pillar blind spots or no space under the radio console)

In that case enjoy having a car that will last forever if you take care of it. I've seen delivery drivers with 300k miles on them doing only oil changes and new tires - not even a timing belt lol

How much are they now?

Are they blowing em out cause RIP Scion?

Get a manual and have fun imo.

*This thread brought to you by your friends at Saatchi on behalf of the Toyota Motor Corporation of America

Fuck off bus rider.

Why? Just buy a civic for 3k?

Aren't these things supposed to be spiritual successors to the Celica?

I own an 07 manual! Okay it has tons of low end torque, but pulls extremely well. It grips corners surprisingly with ease as I've taken 35mph turns at 65mph without a sweat. In a straight line, it's eh. Music system is great, seats are good, the rear two seats are actually usable and a 5"11 person can fit back there with about an inch more of head room. Trunk space is okay, you can just fold the back seats down and you'll get more space. Newer models have 6speed instead of my 5. It sips gas if you shift around 2-3k. It's a car that isn't fast, but makes you feel fast when pushing it. That being said I wouldn't buy one new, just get one used.

no i have an 02 camry right now so i wouldn't need a used car i'm just worried that i'm not gonna do enough research and regret buying it

I think you should honestly shop around a little bit more, go take a Ford Focus, accord coupe, civic coupe, civic hatch, 350z, 370z, BRZ, Frs, 86 for test drives. Map out a grid to see what your looking for I.e. 4cycl or 6, turbo or NA, usuable back seats or not, RWD or FWD.

thanks i won't rush the decision. do you know anything about the newer civics?

not him but I'd get the 2016 civic cause of the turbo c:

Hmmm not really. Only experience I have is with a 2015 four door Honda Civic Si. It's comfortable, the coupe and 4 door share different suspension set ups, car is extremely fun and not a too ugly car. You also benefit from it being the last Si being NA for the rest of the forseable future so it'll hold its price 10-15 years down the road. 2017 civics will come with a manual trans on all trims, new Si is also turbo'd, new hatchback for civic as well. If your thinking about the new civics, take a look at the Mazda3 and Mazda6 as well. The Mazda's are a bit sportier, but when the manual trans come out for all of the trims for the civic that might change.

Why not keep the camry and buy a less practical, used, fun car?

because the point is the camry is getting up there in age so i'm looking for something and i'll keep the camry as a back up