/Subaru general/ /sg/

Post mods, car mods, car pics, everything subaru!

Myself got a bunch of mods like Im running 0.5 ohms and Sigelei 213 W. Oh yeah, and I also got a Cobb AP

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5780206558.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keep feeding that stereotype user

>.5 ohms
You really ARE a bitch aren't you?

LOL you must not go to many car meets. Just about any car guy vapes, regardless of brand loyalty

i'm a car guy and i think vapers are faggots. especially you.

chew dip like a man you cunt.

Lol redneck trash
Toke the cools like a real real man

>list of reasons why i'm a faggot
>the post

All bout Dat pcp my homie

>chew dip like a man
So your post is cancer much like whats festering in your mouth. Now get the fuck outta my thread before I get angry you loud mouthed bitch

So uh I went to a Subaru dealership today and looked at cars.

I drove the BRZ, it was kinda cool

I want to learn manual to drive the WRX STI tho

Sorry guys am I supposed to shitpost here I'm kinda new

Gross

If you want a daily driver you cant go wrong with the BRZ or the WRX. The STI is a whole nother ball game because its stiff asf and a hassle to DD. Its pretty easy to learn manual desu

>vaping or any form of tobacco

Definitely feeding the stereotype, though it is true and unfortunate most enthusiast vape now, along with the vaping comes a beard used as a cushion for all the dicks in their mouths.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't drive the WRX (non-STI), got any experience with it? The STI seems really cool (but maybe that's just the 12 year old inside of me). Also, how do these compare to the Focus RS?

And for learning manual, I already ride a motorcycle so I guess the skills should transition pretty easily, right?

I own a WRX, (bic related). Its a solid daily driver with a good bit of OOMF. The transmission is.... unique and takes some getting used to but its great overall. The focus RS is ~40k so it would be comparable to the STI. I think that since its new to the US it has quite a bit of problems and quirks that need to be fixed for it to be a viable choice. IIRC it was having grip problems with the drift mode

Vape holder...?

>tfw weak chin
>beards have now been ruined

Thanks, I'm planning on test driving an RS at some point, I want to learn manual with a friend first

Alright cool. One of the main reasons I got a rex is its basically a turbo corolla with solid resale

How do you even do the chameleon wrap for headlights that are so curvy?

I failed miserably so I had em done by a window tinting place. Cost me around $85 for both lights (i provided the material)

That's kinda pricy. How good of a job did they do?

Roof top pic

it is, but such is the price of labor =( . They did pretty good, I noticed that when I got home some of it started peeling off but its not noticeable unless you get really close to it. At night it looks fucking amazing, no HID ive seen looks like it, and the lights are stock halogens

Oh and if you look around im sure you can find someone to do it for around ~$50-ish. When I noticed it was peeling off I was pissed and called the tinting fella and he was professional about it and gave me a refund. Thats one of the good things about high-end companies

anuther one

What do you guys think of impreza 2.5rs'?

got any engine mods?

08 sti reporting for duty

Just put these on my 07 Impreza outback sport

the GCs are really nice, and would cop to swap a wrx drivetrain in.

looking good senpai. How many horses you pushin to the wheels

breddy gud :D:D:D:

Looking to pick up either a used impreza wrx or an evolution 6/7 for my first car, which is more bang for buck? Also I am expecting some bias since this is /sg/ but please try to keep it to a minimum

both with have a fair share of being beaten on/abused. if you can find a clean rex or evo go for it, really doesn't matter which one

STi Type RA reporting in.

>doesn't vape
>drive calm af
>can't speed on public roads cause of type ra gears
>only go fast every other weekend on track days
Am I not stereo type yet?

you seem like the friendly fellow at car meets

Its stage 2 on 93, so about 300awhp.
But i have injectors, fuel pump, BPV and a EWG setup ready to push the stock VF48 to its limits. Hoping to make around 360awhp with a protune.

Thanks!

Also when I say I can't speed for looking periods of time, I mean I literally can't

Long*

04 STi 93k miles
400 whp on 93

Long block built by Element Tuning. Forged internals, springs, retainers, nitride crank, etc.
Blouch Dom 1.5xtr turbo - 3 inch inlet, 10 cm hotside
KSTech 73mm intake
Ported Intake manifold
Tomei ELH
Grimmspeed Upipe
Tial 44mm wastegate, vented strait down
Invidia V1 catless DP
Stromung Catback
Spearco Top mount
Composite TGV deletes
Converted Top Feed ID 1000's
Perrin Fuel Rails
Perrin AOS
Hardwired Fuel Pump

Fortune Auto Coilovers with swift springs
Whiteline sways / endlinks / bushings
Pretty much every other bushing has been replaced

Black carpet
Zeitronix gauge panel where the clock panel was
Black JDM STi seats
Black door cards
05 STi Steering wheel
Racing harnesses

APEX ARC-8 17x9 wheels
Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires

Why a WRX?

>no pics
literally never happened

Cont.
South bend clutch
ACT ultralight flywheel
Lightweight crank pulley
Koyorad radiator
Oil cooler
Cobb AP V3
Hybrid Speed Density Tuned

Velocity Carbon CFRP duckbill trunk
Front, side, rear lip
Rear diffuser

There's probably more I'm forgetting

>Not posting a pic
Excuses will be made

What you're forgetting is a picture

99 Legacy GT reporting in.

2013 Impreza Sport 2.0i here,
27k miles
first Subaru I've owned
bought it a month ago
inspection suggested rear struts will need replacement soon

what am in for, br/o/s?

tiny dildo mod? I'll never understand you stance fags

Just bought a 2005 STI Saturday. It's so planted to the ground with tons of grip unlike my BRZ

'06 WRX here. Everything's still stock but I'm saving up for some mods.

Slow 2.5i reporting in!

Here's a more recent pic of my shitter.

>tfw you will never prevent an 04 sti from being molested

>have about $24k saved up for a new car
> looking at 2015 WRXs, very nice
>friends says "nah dude get a sti"
>why?
>"its a sti!"
>best ones in the area are like 09/10 models with 60k miles
Who's right?

What do you br/o/'s think about a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i with 70k miles for $6,000.

[spoiler]I'm going to see it in the morning and I can't sleep.[spoiler]

I also have a 99 LGT.. same color too.

But I'm selling it :(

Are you in michigan by any chance?

06 Spec B reporting
Stage 2

needs clutch soon :(

Sadly in Texas.

I got my wrx last year only tubed a few videos on how to drive manual then drove it off the lot I stalled 5 times leaving the parking lot mad it to a decellent street and practiced.. it's not hard after 3 days you can basically get around

Shitbox auto fozzy reporting in

Exterior shot, what a shitbox

Installed picrelated on my 01 bugeye shitbox. N/A legacy bl headers + custom uppipe.

I have an impreza 1.6 liter. It red lines at 6500 and it's not very fast off the line. It handles well, but when a car is this slow I can't help but feel that any car would be able to handle so well.

I've got an outback with the plastic manifold ez30. Weighing up whether to get the raptor supercharger kit. Easy install plus a tune for some extra giggles.

(you) are right

TOUGE!

15 wrx

3 inch turboback with cobb intake. Running cobb stage 2 while I shop around for a protune.

Plans to toss a 12 in the trunk cause the stock speakers don't hit lows. And prolly grab some nice coilovers and drop it a inch for a better look in the summer and max them out in the winter for lifted brotruck status.

subaru can't interior, so I took a can of plastidip to it today. avoided doing it for two years because of the obvious stigma. but it turned out really nicely.

was gonna 3M foil it, but I got impatient with the order I had

tomorrow I'm getting my injen ram intake and a TRD lip spoiler. thats gonna be neat.

anything behind the front seats have also been gutted. car does feel noticeably lighter and even more tailhappy now.

haven't weighted it, but I'm guessing I managed to get rid off about 90-100 pounds.

>New clutch incoming in

car has been more or less bone stock for the last two years. so its nice to finally get some time and extra money to start doing shit with it.

pretty happy with the group-A wheels as well.

I hate antismokers more than the secondhand smoke of smokers.

Bitch made faggots, the lot of them.

not a tobacco user btw

also, how tryhard ricer is it to daily the car with this shit on?

cause im gonna

[spoiler]car is also being tracked, so its not all terrible[/spoiler]

V A P E
N A I SH

Question, who are bigger vapers, BRZ fags or WRX fags?

WRX, hands down.

BRZ owners are mostly your run of the mill gaysians.

no monster energy drinks or ken blocks posters in the BRZ, no sir.

Probably like $300-500

That roof rack tho. Jesus.

Huh, I'm kinda down to do that. How hard was it?

I'd never done it before either, so I spent half a can on trial and error before getting the technique down. pretty goddamn easy to get good results, once you get the hang of it.

I did 6-7 really thin layers, with 20 minute pause between them. and let them harden in the shade, outside.

if you're not happy you just tear it off, clean the surface and start spraying again. its dirt cheap and seems pretty durable as well.

if you've got a compressor, you'll make the job a lot easier. if not, the spray cans are alright. just be sure to shake all the time while using. and always do one thin layer at a time, so each layer can spread out and harden nicely, without getting blotchy and ass.

'01 impreza, manual transmission. Weird grinding sound when coasting in gear, clutch out. Coming from the transmission area.
Any ideas what it is?

Hello

Where does Veeky Forums find good, used Subarus?

wow that looks in good shape from this angle

all stock?

Do you really think that looks any better?

Recently got this STI that has a Greddy turbo timer and i don't know how to set it up or if it's even worth it so i just leave it off, should i utilize it? Also as weird as it sounds i'm not too much a fan of the short throw shifter how would one go about getting that to shift like stock again? And last, it also has some sort of K&N intake system that makes me nervous since it's probably running lean with no tune, not sure if it's a big deal since i got a good bumper to bumper warranty but still..

obviously at a junkyard or some kind of lot

why so cheap tho

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5780206558.html

If it were Manual i'd say it's a nice project build. Dont even bother

My friend has a WRX STi. Thoughts?

Mostly, rebuilt motor with forged pistions and rods, ported and polished. TSW Mallory wheels (not in picture) and soon to be 5spd swap.

>thoughts

Im happy for your friend.

c l e a n

how many miles on it?

Forgot pic

Unless the previous owner replaced the stock turbo you don't need a turbo timer since the coolant will continue to circulate just from residual heat in the system after you turn the car off.

Washed my baby on Sunday. Put a new air filter in and added a half qt of oil while I was at it.

How careful do I need to be when cleaning a dirty WRX engine bay?

03 Forester

I have a ticking that I was told is a lifter. It's not there when the engine is cold, but gets to it's loudest when warmed up and then its on and off with the noise level. If I get to about 2.5k rpm it fades away. Any clue what it'll cost?