Craigslist scammer edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms

/dbt/ map: trackdaybro
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it? (no)
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:

Boring webums with sounds:
Old thread:
boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/15807163/trackday-edition#top

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgJffBEL46I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gonna go check out an 06 sv650 at a bike shop tomorrow, they're listing the price is $4200 which is definitely more than im willing to pay (nada puts it at like $2200?) and there's currently another 06 SV650 on cl for $3700 and it has about 5k less miles. I can use this as leverage but what else can I use to haggle down?

This is what SubD looks like.

the tires.

I have 06. Paid $2800 for it. Fully faired out with a Yoshimura on it. His asking price was $3200. $4200 for an 06? Holy shit. That thing better be in mint condition.

>expecting to haggle much when buying a used motorcycle from a dealer

good luck

Proof

Far from...20k miles, the condition is good aside from scratches on one side that look like they came about from the bike being dropped; it has sliders so the fairings are clean (scratch along the exhaust)

am i supposed to warm up the engine in PRIME then set it to ON after its running like its supposed to?

I would not pay over $3.5k for that bike. Go find one on CL for $3k

No, prime just lets the gas free-flow into your carbs if they're empty (due to draining them for maintenance / cleaning).

burgerman

prime is only useful for starting it

Prime means full open - no vacuum required, so if the fuel in the carb bowls has drained or evaporated, turning it to prime will let the tank fill them

so basically, if your bike is in good shape, you might never need to use prime, if it's older or designed in such a way that you do, you can turn it off after it starts

Who?

doesn't surprise me

so the carbs are empty if i don't use the bike for a whole day?

Thats good enough for me.

most likely

Since when does he ever use a tank bag, a scorpion jacket, or a chatter box?

Been looking for a dirt bike in ny for city commuter riding any recommendation

They shouldn't be, gas will still be in the float bowls. If you leave it sit for like a week then the carbs will likely be empty since the gas will eventually evaporate out of them.

Since forever?

youtube.com/watch?v=wgJffBEL46I

DRZ400SM
WR250X

don't get a dirt bike for a city commuter. it will get stolen by nig nogs

can confirm, this is gone

Is this the great doxxing of subD?

then i wont pay more than 3.5k for it

I guess. He does a lot of meet ups so it's probably not too big of a mystery who he actually is. Once you find out who he is, it's pretty obvious he doesn't make too big of an effort to hide it. I will admit though I was pretty surprised by his age. The dude is close to 40.

He sounds like such a nice guy in his videos but he looks like such a douche

What's your location? We'll find it for you

so after its warmed up and running on prime do i turn the bike off start it up again with the switch to ON?

Them digits

What are dbt's favorite YouTubers? I'm trying to learn how to split lanes correctly and generally good habits

Once it starts running then move it over to ON. Prime is only useful when your carbs don't have any fuel in them. Once the engine starts running then the carbs obviously have fuel in them at that point.

I have a horrible fear mine will be stolen already had a 450 and 250 Kawasaki enduros have been stolen. The only thing I do is lock it up and hope people dont know how to kick it over without the switch.

So i'll drive it for a bit on prime and move the switch..while it's still running to ON?

nigga
just turn it to on once the bike fires up
you can also switch to reserve while moving if you start to run out of gas - in fact you should practice that

Ariemann1, RnickeyMouse, Enduro Kex. And i've recently started watching Royal Jordanian, all he does is split so maybe watch that, although I can't tell if he's a shithead or not because British traffic laws make no sense to me.

I would go a 250 since probably more maneuverable in the traffic unless you need more grunt to get your giddies.

and what are all those squiggly lines on the ground?

>be me
>out for a 2am night ride last night
>come into this clean quiet neighborhood
>nothing out of the ordinary
>suddenly car that's about to pass me fucking just floors it all of a sudden as a cop car is in direct pursuit of it
>cop car literally behind this car
>blue and red lights flashing but no sirens
>all you hear is their engines gunning as this cat and mouse chase manifests
>my adrenaline starts pumping as I pull to the sidewalk cause I thought the car was gonna cross over and ram me head on
>they both are about to turn the corner
>I decide to make a U turn to trail the cop to see wtf the outcome was gonna be
>I stop at where they turn the corner and just watched them speed off

Gotta love Vegas. I regret not having my gopro on me. That's the first time I ever witnessed something like that up close.

i think theyre british crosswalks

Jus had a guy fly by my buddys road at around 120 in residential. Bike was gone by the time you heard the police fly by.

>Expecting to get a good deal from a stealership

Top kek.

There are plenty of ways to keep a bike from starting thieves won't anticipate.

Pulling ignition fuse works nicely. Also works on cars.

Until one of them brings a pickup or something.

Bikes are a lot easier than cars to just wheel away.

This, most bike thieves around here just load the bike into a van, truck bed, or trailer, they don't even bother trying to hotwire the bike and ride it away.

If there were no police copters out, then the bike def got away.

Yah I just lock it twice at home and around shit thats not easy to move. But if a guy with a van and grinder wants my bike you can only hope you hear shit and deter them.

Yah were talking hawaii so unless easily identified bike then nothing.

If you have insurance, then who cares. Pay the deductible and your insurance company literally buys you a new bike. Mine will give me a check reflecting the MSRP of my bike ($6k) if it ever gets stolen. I just have to pay them a $1k deductible.

Sweet deal, cause I only paid $2k for my bike.

it's not a dealership, it's a small, family-owned repair shop that also happens to sell a few used bikes

When splitting lanes, how do you handle left and right turns? Wait in line like a car? Or go next to the cars and turn outside?

Also do you guys have any parking tips? I see bikes parked in actual spots and some guys parked next to doors and beside driveways

>full lot
park by doorways out of the way
>empty lot
take a space, no one cares at that point.

Reminder: Ninjettes are quite capable of freeway speeds.

Also, lane splitting and filtering is fun. Although traffic rarely builds up to the point where I feel I can filter safely so the novelty hasn't worn off.

>tfw filtering and lane splitting is illegal

Sitting in traffic on top of a hot bike while wearing full gear in 100F degree weather makes me want to kill myself sometimes.

You have my condolences. It's a shame that the law won't allow the roads to be used to their full capacity.

Yes, a KLX250 is capable of freeway speeds too but it doesn't mean it's a good choice for highway riding or that it will even be a pleasant experience.

I wouldn't say it's that unpleasant. The seat is a little hard, but otherwise I'm fine. And I can commute for about 80 miles round trip on 7-8 dollars of gas.

how horrible is your bike running that you get liter sportpeter mileage?
i get about 50mpg on my AT

I get really excited on the on-ramps and I use engine braking often.

unless you have some retarded gas prices that's like 20mph. what are you doing nigga?

mpg*

I live in California.

GET

HYPE

>no skid demon slap
>no /dbt/ sticker
It's like you don't even want to die

i flog it on the ramps too m8, engine braking is pretty minimal in economy effect too.

He has a /dbt/ sticker on his fender

Don't really feel like trying to find a place for a slap on my baiku.

Cursed DBT sticker is there tho.

>tfw night shift tomorrow
I guess I get to shitpost all night tonight

What does /dbt think of my 150$ bike so far?

are those forks made out of tinfoil?

post webbum of willy

>forks
Hah

I have no clue what it is

Sup cunts. Taking lessons to learn to ride motorcycles atm. The lessons are on a non-ABS bike that the riding school provides. The bikes I was looking at possibly buying once I get my licence often have ABS. So I was wondering whether having ABS on a first bike (ausfag so would be LAMS something like 300cc) would be a good idea or whether I should learn to ride without ABS for a few years before potentially switching to an ABS bike. My only real thought is that with ABS I would probably feel safer and so might be more comfortable braking hard if an emergency arose etc. Any thoughts? ABS yes/no for learner first bike?

basically it doesn't fucking matter but it might help you out at some point

Everyone says ABS is bad for learning, but they're idiots. ABS is perfectly fine and you can still learn proper braking techniques with ABS. Only difference is that it wont lock up and either kill you, destroy the bike, or both.

fucking kek
thats FSK tape for duct insulation. its basically fiber shipping tape with foil over the top.

abs is fine, whatever you get, figure out how to disable or defeat the ABS so you can practice handling full lockups later on.
abs will likely save you in an oshit moment by helping keep the ass end behind you

Nice digits

Ok I was kinda leaning towards getting a bike with ABS as I wasn't really buying into the whole "you should learn without first" argument as I won't be learning much if I fuck up without ABS as a learner and kill myself (not planning on doing that desu).

I didn't know about disabling ABS for training etc so thx senpai.

Chrome tape nigga

i have some of that around here somewhere

>hondas are red
>yamis are blue
>ktm sucks
>quads do too

ABS on bikes isn't important enough to consider unless you're already pretty undecided between the two, get the bike you want

Also, ABS helps resale value.

back in my day yamaha was yellow, and no one rides suzukis

rj, Baron, 44 teeth and my guilty pleasure is snowcat

split if you have space and feel comfortable doing it. dont force it and go slow

Buy it

and schaaf of course

>back in my day
Aren't you like 22?

Get a 650 so you can de-restrict it somewhere down the line

not the ninja 650 though that thing's trash
not the hyosung 650 too because that thing is trash
not the cb650 because that's a honda
probably get an SV650 aye

23 :3
My 80's YZ50 that I started riding on when I was 6 was yellow tho

also note it is in current tense, not past tense m8
>tfw had a totally 90s yamaha with white plastic, seafoam seat and pink shocks

The RT100 I learned on was white

Post boipucci

>left

how did vietnam trip go
i haven't been here in a while

>implying jealous soccer moms wouldn't try to block/kill you
puritan-founded country man

everyone has to live by the same chains. it's in our culture, and will stay there even if legislators cave and bow to reason.

>vietnam trip
wut

>vietnam trip
Whatchu on about m8