So i need a redpill on why some cars are illegal in the states...

So i need a redpill on why some cars are illegal in the states? I understand some manufacturers don't sell to the US market, but why are some cars just a no no to own and get crushed when found in the states????

Because they didnt meet the minimum safety and legal requirements to be elligible for sale in the United States market. Once they are 25 years old, they are allowed to be sold here.

How long for a supra or skyline in the US???

Not necessarily that they don't meet them, but that they never went through they tests.
B8

I just saw one of those Sunday in CT

25 FUCKING YEARS YOU RETARD

That means they didnt meet them.

Assuming you are talking about the FnF specials. There are around ten thousand MK.IV Supras already on US soil. The R34 Skyline comes in 2024.

tl;dr answer

damn.. I'll be in my 30s before I get to even see a fourth gen godzilla in person. That's depressing.

Google search "US car regulations"

This is some really basic shit, albeit stupid.

You'll be able to own the best skyline in 2018

240sx

>skyline
300zx is better anyway

stance fags ruined the 300

it just isn't the same car anymore, can't do it man

All I want is an r32 for a reasonable price

buy one in canada ship it over the border.

There are plenty 34's in america.

Because some companies straight up say "No, Fuck you, we're not letting you smash a dozen of our cars for your bullshit safety tests."

Mercedes North America threw a tantrum

>BUT THEY MAGICALLY MEET THEM 25 YEARS LATER!

its mostly saftey glass but its othere saftey requierments see americans are so fucking stupid they need rounded edges on everything they buy, or theylll sue oyu

It means it wasn't worth the millions of dollars of "political donations" and "testing in US conditions" and all the red tape to sell a few cars.

Is it bad if I want this as my first car right out of college?

50k a year is enough to afford it, right? I don't mind living at home with my parents if I can afford this.

I'd recommend moving out first but it seems as if you've made up your mind

Lol bad choice nigga

>>redpill

wow, that is ugly
not in a good way

Unless you want to ride the bus you want another car as a daily driver.

Are there any legal hurdles or restrictions regarding that?

What was going on in Ct?

Right out of college
Thinks he'll make fifty thousand the first year

Maybe you didn't, you English major cuckstain

I made 50 right out of college and make 100k now.

Then again I'm I.T.

Where was this? Shit, I missed it.

>can't drive modern shinny car because untested for us market
>can easily import a 70s deathtrap

it's no surprise Mercedes Benz ducked this up for all of us. Literally the automobile preference of Hitler.

Are you taking about that moment when cracked down on the gray market?

Why do Americans always like to blame foreigners for every thing?
It was American dealers and politicians.
And I didn't see Detroit lobby to stop them

I was making over 80k before i'd even graduated.

If you're going to college/university for anything less than a starting salary of 50k your wasting your time and money.

Americans are actually retarded, its the fluor in their water and Fox news combined effect

Caffeine and carburetors in New Cannon they are meeting one more time this year on October 16th. I am going to make a thread in a day or two to post all the pictures I took. I just need to reduce all the file sizes

New Canaan*

>TFW this gets crushed just like that original Cizetta V16T because NIMBYs gonna NIMBY