>will need tires (500USD+)
>possibly bad tie rod in rear
>seems to run strong
>cosmetically ok, will need to be cleaned
>maybe other things
>have not seen carfax yet
>asking 4200

Please advise

also there is an enormous amount of pedal travel on the brake. It's near the floor before anything ahppens.

>auto
into the trash it goes

I daily a 2004 and I can tell you it's the most satisfying car I've driven

I also haven't driven that many cars

it will rust fast

how difficult is the V6 to work on? The engine bay is awfully crowded.

I'm thinking I'll need to do pads/rotor/tires immediately, so makes my prospect an easy 5k before I even know anything else about it.

It's awfully tempting. The interior is really cozy (leather/bose/sunroof) and the gearing gets it screaming off the line. Feels like a much more powerful car than it is.

yeah the fuck it is with Mazdas and rusting out? I'm not just talking about the usual quarterpanel rust, but the underbody and frame rapidly turns to shit in cold climates.

It's the early 3s that have serious rust problems. Most Mazda 6s are nowhere near as bad

glorious 1000 time folded japanese steel

>how difficult is the V6 to work on

I'm not sure honestly, I'm not much of a mechanic

>Feels like a much more powerful car than it is

I can agree with that

A DIESEL FIAT

thingken of offering 3500. The brake pedal problem could be a lot of things. What say bros?

>decade old
>100k
>needs tires
>shot brakes

>$4200

It's a Mazda so it will rot out on a few years anyways.

>early mazda 3 as example

Rust is still a problem but 06 or later is much much better.

Those 00-02 protege wagons were great but lasted five years tops on the road.

made offer, rejected. He's about to sink a grand into the car anyway.

I live in Toronto
15 years and 307,000km later she's still holding together

ami iban

my 2nd car was a 2004 mazda 6 hatchback 4 cylinder 5 speed

Wasent particularly fast, had space for days and limiter kicked in at 188-190km/h

First engine popped at 18k, 2nd engine popped at 125-ishk, bought it with a reman engine installed at like 126k. THAT engine popped on me less than 5k later. Got a wrecker engine installed, and sold the car. Would grind into 3rd and wouldn't go into 5th on the highway "at speed"

Didn't give me any troubles other than the engine and gearbox (lol). That one's a V6 and AT, so you might be good. I heard you gotta pull one of the driveshafts to remove/install the alternator, never worked on one personally though

pic unrelated.

You get the duratec 30 v6 which is good.

>also there is an enormous amount of pedal travel on the brake. It's near the floor before anything ahppens.

Fresh brake fluids and pads will run you a few hundred bucks at a shop, an afternoon's worth of work if you can DIY, it's not rocket science, but it's easy to fuckup if you're a 'tard.

Car has a lot of problems, the guys asking a lot for car in such a state. If he's not willing to budge significantly on the price in spite of all that, rape him.

MUH PASHUN

not a bad car OP but if it is anything like mazda3 of the same era be prepared to shell out for a new TCM every other year