Why aren't you drifting? Too bad of a driver or a nice-car-cuck?

Why aren't you drifting? Too bad of a driver or a nice-car-cuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4iWvedIhWjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because I drive an mr2

Because I drive FF shitbox

because the only tracks near me is a drag strip and a NASCAR track

Only a few are lucky enough to have a track within 1 - 2 hours of driving. That shouldn't keep you.

such is life in the south

at least I can go to the appalachian mountains to drive like a nightu kidzu

FF with super grippy tires. Too scared to lift off on the streets.

where the hell am i gonna drift in downtown cleveland

Because I live in Winnipeg, there aren't any curves kinks or bends in any of the roads, it's some of the longest straight roads in the world. Also FF wagon, and my motorcycle isn't a super moto.

Buy any RWD shitbox with 130+ hp and weld the diff. If you get it light enough, it will drift, even on the dry.

I had an AW11 which I drifted a couple times. Almost died.

Rwd shitboxes don't exist with manual on the states. Anything manual and rwd is drift taxed to hell. Even shit e36s are expensive with manual

It's actually a pretty safe motorsport. If you do it on a track, that is.

Can't drift in a rusty, held-together-with-ducttape automatic Honda Civic
Sucks to be poor and in college

>No MT E36 or E46
For real? That sucks. What about japanese coupes? Those are pretty rare in yurop on the other hand.

I haven't found a car that wasn't ragged to shit with rwd and manual for under like 4k, and I don't want to spend that on a beater

Because 1) I drive a Honda and 2) drifting is slower than gripping.

Because: A - I don't have that kind of expendable income
B - the roads around here are shit
C - it doesn't interest me

literally any rear wheel drive car will drift with a soft front suspension, stiff rear suspension, and shitty/bald tires.

>literally any car will drift with a soft front suspension, stiff rear suspension, and shitty/bald tires

Fixed that for you.

You can find pristine Miatas for $4k all day

>inb4 XD fag cuck

They're great beginner rwd cars, basically an 86 without a roof

Still no roads to drift on, tray donuts are great though

I go out and hooning my truck on my parents property all the time.
4x4 drifts are godly.

Well I would be if I hadn't totaled my missile. Plus I'm not drifting any of my other cars.

Open diff. Can't do it unless it rains.
Pic highly related.

Where do you live? The 4k miatas in my area are fucked.

Unfortunately I'm an FF """""""""""""""""cuck"""""""""""""""""

>drifting is slower than gripping

Makes sense that the fwd slave doesn't know that drifting is often faster. Your consumer's regret is showing in your denial.

Appalachian togue best togue

It rained this morning in LA, it's awesome but now I'm sad because this is our one rainy day a year.

Thats retarded. Proper grip is always faster on asphalt and most road conditions. Only time sliding is faster is a scenario like gravel rally where you can't get grip due to road surface.

Kids in Virginia are taking fox body mustangs and swapping them for drifting. I personally think that's an abomination but it's an option.

They're cheap, rwd, and often manual. Even a 6 cylinder sn95 can be driftable

Those 4 cylinder foxbodies are aids though, they only made like 90 horsepower

It's hard with a slushbox and floor mounted parking brake.

yeah they were shit no idea why they came to fruition. But you're absolutely right in that a fox could be used as a good platform for a drifter. Personally mines built for straight line speed but to each his own I respect it all if it's done right

pretty much this.

I'm in Santa Barbara.

There's been more days of raining ash than there's been raining water this year so far. Literally.

Don't forget light as fuck. They weigh next to nothing.

I always wanted one of those svo mustangs tbqh

shitbox needs a headgasket

And turns where a grip driver would have to scrub off too much speed to avoid all oversteer

Not saying going fully sideways is good, but some oversteer is pretty much essential if you're going for a one-two lap race. Drift is avoided in pro racing because they run for so many laps that tire conservation and avoiding pit stops are part of their strategy.

I mean if you're really determined to make a mustang drifter buy a roller for like 750 and make it happen. Maybe it's just in va but they're EVERYWHERE and dirt cheap. Hell you should just buy one with the motor in it and keep the 5.0 the rebuild into a monster.

I drive a fwd hatch shitbox
But my tires screech very often tho

Hah I hate Winnipeg. If you slam a car you'll get stuck in potholes. Even yukon, rural BC and ontario have better roads

Because I drive a Ford Ranger

When it rains I can drift a little bit but I try to go easy on it given the weight differential balance

Denver, CO

and we even have a pretty shit used car market

I got a fucking pristine

Where the fuck do you live?

Swapping them with what?

what's a good first drift project car?

i drive an outback xt, I do a skids when I make the u-turn I make every day if I go fast

mfw 4300lbs and 215 hp

ecoboost?

>awd
>drifting
Ehh

Research, there's probably at least 2 racing tracks a two hour radius who do open drifting events.

In the EU: BMW E36, Opel Omega, Miata/MX5.
Dunno about merica.

works fine and looks sick af. You need huge balls to throw the car wash too fast into corners though.

what's the point of drifting?
>"oh look at me taking this turn slowly as fuck don't I look so cool?"
wow that's cool OP

kek same here

>Gateway

If gripping is faster then how did takumi beat takeshi in his r32?

Takeshi got too excited and crashed his r32

He was pushed too hard because drifting is faster. Dont believe me? Meet me on the downhill

It's faster for some turns granted you're okay with destroying your tires

But drift fags drift on every singe fucking curve no matter how gentle, it's not racing, it's dumb

drifting is to racing as gymnastics with the ribbon is to gymnastics (without the ribbon)

its ment to look good, not be fast.

kek
It's fun. That's the only reason to do it.

pretty much a nice car cuck. I sometimes pull mad skids with my e60(pic related) but I dont abuse it too much because tyres on 19 inch wheels are fucking expensive and I'm a poorfag student

Its fun.

That car shouldn't be drifted anyway.

>rwd rear engined
>safe

Nice try

"on a track"

This.
It's doable, but you don't want to do it, and there's no advantage

downtown u cuck

kick the clutch and you can slide just about anything bro

>not drifting around blind corners on the streets

its not something I do on purpose
so I only have practice with riding though a drift rather than provoking or sustaining one

>tfw open diff
>tfw too heavy
At least snow exists

FWD can drift fine

>how did takumi beat takeshi

That's a cartoon, dude.

Might as well ask how the roadrunner ran through the painted tunnel but Wile E. Coyote slammed into the cliff.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iWvedIhWjM

Because jeep with new tires and no snow yet

holy shit i thought you were latvian and you're from exs, lmao

I prefer to consort with humans of the opposite sex.

Sure bud :^)

Because it has to be raining or I have to go ridiculously fast to get the rear end out.

Cause i just had to buy replacement nismo core for muh diff and if i blow another imma have to sell a kidney or something

>Why aren't you drifting?

I drive a car that doesn't skid around every corner like some shitbox.

git gud

I am

FWD can """"""""""drift""""""""""""" sure
were talking about drifting though

Come meet me over on MLK/Euclid creek, or rt2 after 12am

It's better to grip when the weight is over the rear wheels.

I drive a truck, and I don't want to roll-over.

>Tfw no F-body to go 150+ in
Feelsbadman
Might buy one soon though

Because it's a waste of fucking money. I can go do skids down a dirt road any time without destroying an expensive pair of tires.

This. I happen to not like blowing tons of money on tires.

Because 90\10 weight distribution, open diff, and 115 HP on a good day.

Drifting is drifting kid

how do i drift

Sup 204 been, yeah the city has lots of bad pavement but the rural roads are so nice (by my ex Ontariofag standards)

RWD
>mash gas

FWD
>rip e-brake

Im a somewhat nice car cuck, have a mk6 gti, would love a 240 , e30, or even a miata for a weekend car