What's a decent paying job for an Veeky Forumstard?

What's a decent paying job for an Veeky Forumstard?

I make 9.50 an hour, so after a month I usually make around 4 or 5 hundred working part time. My job only lets me work 30 hours per week, and I'll be lucky to get that most of the time.

Please help Veeky Forums. I want to support my hobby better!

Deliver pizzas at a more upscale pizza place, like a local place with average orders closer to $50

Are you not a student? Why are you working a wageslave-tier probably retail job?

I just got out of a job that paid that with those hours, so I don't know how the fuck you survive on that unless you live at home, let alone have any money for wrenching

I'm a student, but I need a job to pay for my gas and insurance.

I was considering doing this. My only concern is my car smelling like pizza permanently. Not even Odoban could get the odors of delivering pizza 24/7 out.

i make 38.50/hr in construction

Do you have any marketable skills?

Op if you are an extrovert, just go work into a bar/restaurant. I make over 20$/hr cad only being busboy. Waiter here make around 36$hr

Talk to a temp agency. You'd be amazed at the jobs available withough a college degree. Get a security clearance and you'll make bank! They're easier to get than you think.

Construction and waiting tables can easily slam you more than 30$/hr if you are attractive, outgoing, or willing to ruin your body

pennyhoarder has a lot of supplemental from home income to help you if you really just are strapped for no reason

I just waited til I had a good paying job to do anything past stock on my cars

If you're a student don't worry about it. I make 10 an hour and work minimal hours during the school year to keep gas and food covered. Then during the summer you work a shitton and make money to spend

Temp agencies can be great.
I went from being a DJ and doing landscaping to working an office job. Been there two years and make a little over 40k

>What's a decent paying job for an Veeky Forumstard?
Your jobs went overseas.

It's not like how it was before President Clinton signed the usa partnership trade laws and made China get the Most Favored Nation trade status. It streamlined China's ability to ignore a lot of patent and copyright laws since Most Favored Trade nation status sets a max goods inspections in each trade evaluation period. It quickly becomes a numbers game. To very much oversimplify, if you were China's gov't, you deliberately send anumber of defective goods from Hopper_Fright_Zudong (which you own) located in Guangdong, to Bay_Freight_Import (which you own) in Los Angeles. The inspection quota limit is 100 cargo containers for "Trade Category Hand Tools" per quarter. The private customs house is owned by chinese tycoon Ten Cent which satisified usa law for separation of inspector and inspectee. The usa prosector in charge of judgements is friendly (you made sure clintons appointed him) or is replaced by someone friendly (each one discredited until a new friendly appointee occurs). The chinese cargo ship is reballasted to optimize for the nearly empty sacrificial containers. The containers are FORCED into the inspection queue to guarantee an inspection to make sure the quota is used up for that category.

For those who don't know, USA customs inspectors are aided by customs houses as part of the privatization and deregulation of usa trade practices. Thus, instead of the USA government having a ton of true government employees inspect the goods, private companies hire inspectors of their own to inspect the goods. Bill Clinton was in favor of that and so his Hillary Clinton. Trump is notoriously against reregulation of China with Most Favored Nation trade status but is politically unable to remove them (even if president) since too many congress are "bribed" to succeed. So only new laws can be passed as part of the Make America Great again trade laws correction package.

tl;dr

>Temp agencies can be great.
I found my job through a temp agency (not Veeky Forums-related though). A lot of small companies hire through them instead of having an internal HR department.

OP just keep looking. You're time is not worth the money you make now, service industry is a total scam. Most people are not making $20+ per hour for 40 hours a week. They make $20 on fridays nights and make 8 the rest of the 20 hours they get scheduled.
Temp agency can get you into a job quickly. But they will steal your money. Get a better job through one now if you want. But keep searching for better options. If you have a job you can sell yourself up into a better job with just some leg work on your end. Rinse and repeat for a few years and you could be making really good money without real education. Stay in school though if you're already in

made 46K at 19 with HS diploma. temp agency hired co-workers made dollars per hour less than i did

>tfw australian
>tfw get $20 an hour working at a supermarket stacking shelves with no skills
>tfw call in sick because I cbf
>tfw burgers are begging to do 30 hours a week just for $9.50 an hour

wow that is just sad

>Australians have more pricey living expenses
hurr

>tfw yuropoor
>tfw minimum wage for a 20 year old guy like myself is like 5 eurobucks an hour

Even big companies use them. It's an easy way to test someone out, they're a lot easier to fire. No red tape.

Doing what?

Kek, pic related

>nanny state

>be australian
>hit 80% of data cap downloading a dekstop image

>wow that is just sad

$20AUS/hr is below the US poverty line.

>you're in the same income bracket as DeQuan.

>9.50 an hour
Jesus... Willingly working for that low amount makes you part of the problem. Stop being a sucker and either demand a raise or get a better job. Other anons mentioned waiter, that's likely your best bet. Fine dining restaurants can average upwards of $50/hr. Bartenders make bank too.

1/3rd of the us population is below the 'poverty' line

>be Australian
>Be unable to understand the difference between US and Australian currency

live with parents, literally not one expense, i just pay insurance and gas on both my cars (19 and I have a 2013 ford falcon and a 1990 r32 gts-t)

kek that only applies if you intend on buying things from overseas, do you even have a basic understanding of economics burger?

>implying anyone with a brain would ever buy a new car, especially a mustang

>be american
>still dont understand that $20aud an hour is still more than he makes in a day when converted

>be australian
>fail to realize that your $20/hr puts you near poverty by US metrics when purchasing power is accounted for

Introverted enthusiast here.

Learn to weld. Get paid quite a bit for knowing not much. Get better. Make more. Die early from skin / lung cancer.

>tfw just want to buy a GTR and drive it off a cliff before I die from welding side effects

>skin cancer
Why wouldn't you wear gloves, a jacket, and a faceplate?

>he thinks that's how it works

Despite the hood, gloves, sleeves and apron, arc rays still go through my shirt and I go home with something like a sun burn on my upper chest. Of course that is my fault and when it gets colder outside I'll suck it up and toss a welding jacket on. Also the way I weld the rays hit my neck which I should really do something about also. Probably a bandana or something. On top of that I could be wearing a dust mask as well. There's only so much PPE will do for you though. It's a hazardous job.

>Tfw earning double what americucks earn and living in a first world country not a third world country like America.

I never tip anyone when I visit burgerville :)

Join the Army, become a defense contractor

Learn math, I know they don't teach it as well in your giant desert penal colony as they do here in my cozy corner of europe, but you're no better than americans, you're worse actually since your country completely lacks principals and you have an annoying accent

>calls burgerland a third world country
>admits to visiting it
Who's the bigger retard? The person born in the third world country or the person who pays money to go there. I think you're quite possibly the dumbest person in this thread.

>he actually pays money to go to the third world
top cuck

>bragging about living with parents
only in Australia

>european

>live with parents, literally not one expense
>he's proud of living with his parents
not even burgers are this shamelessly degenerate

>im 19
>youre 30 years old browsing an anime enthusiast carpet weaving board

Yeah I guess that's true, I'd rather die before 70 than be a burden to generations to come all old and feeble so I'm not really one to talk either.

>we can buy mustangs
>americans cant buy any thing newer than 25 years old
roflmao

SAVAGE

I'm a student and make 17 and hour, then on my break walk 3 dogs for 32 dollars a day
one day of dog walking pays for my mr2 insurance

17 an hour? How? Doing what?

Get a dealership job. I average 480$ a week at Subaru

Construction. Learn a trade. Electrician, plumber. Carpenter, hvac, etc etc

>17 years old
>$32/month for insurance
how?

I think he means $32/day x 3, so $96/day total.

the lack of reading comprehension is stunning

Look for a better job. I'm in San Diego and quit Home Depot at 9.00 (cashier, 22-26 hrs weekly) and got hired at a pawn shop for 10/hr with 12/hr after 90 days. Got promoted to a Supervisor position and now make 16/hr working 40 hours a week.

Keep in mind, I'm a 22 y.o. living at home and I have 16 units this semester. I pay my own internet bill and my share of water/gas/electric. My mother pays for my insurance bc its only 70 a month (1985 CJ-7).

TL;DR Get a better job, while saving up a ~$500 fund in case it takes a while between getting hired and getting your first paycheck.

It's tough to find something as a student having 0 experience in anything other than retail and food but you might hit a gem on Craigslist like I did. Look for "assistant" type jobs on CL in your area, they tend to pay a bit above minimum wage. Try using keywords like "student" and see what comes up.

You might not get to use your car that much but it'll bring in more money than you're already making.

I'm 20 and i've been working at the same gas station since I was 18. I make $10.50/hr now which is ok considering my states minimum wage is $7.50.

3 years feels like a huge chunk of your life at 20 though. I'm considering taking my older cousins offer getting a job at the Nissan plant working on the assembly line. He is some kind of manager there, not sure exactly what he does. I think they make Nissan Leafs there or something.

somehow that job sound just as depressing but I've been told Nissan is a decent company to it's employees and since it's union the pay would be significantly more than what I make.

also I'm just completely wasting my time in community college. I have no idea what I'm doing.

thanks for reading my blog.

-sent from my ipad.

I finally landed a job after being unemployeed for the last year.

Making 9.50 an hour but its 40 a week. I might pick up a late night delivery place on the side but not sure yet. The extra money would be great as right now after all of my bills and rent I'll have between 250-400 left a month.

How much is your rent?

1575 a month, but I have 2 other roommates. So I pay 525 a month. All bills are split three ways. The bonus is I'm the only car guy in the house so the Garage is free for me to use at any time.

41.56/hour

10 hr shifts sometimes 12+.

I dont spend much more than i did when worked at a grocery store for 10.25. I want to, but i can't really justify it when i want to buy a house soon.

That's a nice setup it sounds like.

How do you find roommates? Did you just ask around your friends or strangers on Craigslist?

What do you to to make that much? Are you happy?

live with BF, pay no rent and no food.

Make 4,340 a month from rental properties, plus a bit of extra cash on the side from other endeavors.

Have 2 cars.

BECOME A TRAP

I make 36/hr as a nurse

i make $35/hr part time, live in a cheap state, and can't afford a car hobby.

i could easily dump all of my savings and earnings into a car hobby to build/buy a race car and go to events, but that's not really affording it now is it?

I used a few searching sites but one was linked directly to my university at the time.

You want decent roommates? Hunt for college kids. They have the money to pay and not fuck you on bills.

I've lived here over year, now and just resigned my contract. It was 1500 last year. 2 of us resigned, had 2 others last year, one left after 6 months and found a replacement, and the replacement stayed until the first year contract ended.

I moved out of one of the smaller rooms and into the master bedroom as well. So I now have a room twice as big as my old, full access to the garage and don't have a lot of bills to top it off. It's a damn good setup. I'm not sure if I'll stick around for another year after this one though.

I'll say it takes time, it took about 4 months of talking with different people and then after finding them about a month of house hunting before we settled on something.

>tfw work at subway
>tfw only 350USD/week
life is suffering, im saving up moolah for an awesome car, have 9,000 usd, wut can i buy atm? i'm thinking of getting a ls430, but im debated to buy a comfy car or a staright up awesome ride

Hillary is cuck, dicks out for Trump. It's a shill

>live with BF

i meant to say 19, posted on my phone
36 on top of the ~$150 I usually work 7 hour days because the 8th hour (my lunch) is used dog walking
my monthly for the mr2 is 36, but i added a 6 dollar theft and extra coverage so its about 40
i do interior housepainting (prep, small repair like caulking and filling holes or mudding), i did exterior before and remodeling. I have about 11 years of experience because when I was a kid I got taken to work with my dad and just kept getting experience

same person 19 is my age, i make $17

>job
>not being a neet

start a small business or operate a bigcartel. Maybe start a youtube channel.

Read Brian Tracy. Pick a good employer. Work your way up the ladder. I'm at 100k a year at age 25

Heavy civil construction/Underground
. Rigging with cranes, crane manbasket work, driving zoomboom etc.

It's fun work.

Different company i did the underground concrete tunnel work and powerhouse for a hydroelectric dam.

Having more money just makes me not want to spend it.

>being delusional

>tfw 35k a year at 20
feels good man. I think I can move up in 6 months to about 40 if I play my cards right and take the initiative.

How is it delusional?
stay mad wagie

i started my own roofing business after 5 years of experience as a laborer,i started at $18/hr and worked up to $25/hr working for my old boss. Now i charge $30/hr but i also get $3000-$6000 extra each week by bidding for the jobs
25 years old in canada

>also I'm just completely wasting my time in community college. I have no idea what I'm doing.
god damn do i know that feel. i fell hard for the 'just take a bunch of classes and see what clicks' meme

How much do you make a month?

around 15000/month, depends on the weather a lot desu

i took a civil engineering/construction management course for 1 1/2 years at a technical school, seemed pretty worthless until last year, now im wishing i paid more attention and finished

>i fell hard for the 'just take a bunch of classes and see what clicks' meme

That's spot fucking on.

kek

>be american
>get 21 'murican dollars an hour working in a bread factory with no skills
>zero occupational hazards
>just stand around and look at bread for 8-16 hours a day

does it smell like bread

>that thiccness in the background

>not wanting your car to smell like pizza
what are you fucking gay

No, it smells like dicks because some asshole spills liquid yeast all over the floor at least once a week, and then once that smell dissipates they clean out half of the yeast tanks and unleash the stench of a thousand hells

what the fuck do you think

Kek

>worked at Kroger for 2 months
>literally $102 a week
Do not even

retail can be soul sucking but I'm pulling $50-$55k depending on quarterly bonuses with no degree as long as you don't mind dealing with a lot of douchebags. I just think of them as being subhuman scum that's not worth getting angry over. Other than that it's easy peasy

This so much.