I'm an Internet Sales Consultant for a high volume Hyundai store. AMA

I'm an Internet Sales Consultant for a high volume Hyundai store. AMA.

I work in what's referred to as a BDC, a business developement center. I'm the person that calls you when you submit your information to dealerships for quotes and whatnot. I'm closing my store right now, just me until 9.

What do you think of the Genesis? is it more like a lexus or like a BMW/Merc? Does anyone buy them?

what do you drive?

Genesis is branching off into a highline brand, like Lexus and Acura. The Genesis, as a car, has been a success, both for the Hyundai brand and as a vehicle, selling competitively in its market segment.

Genesis buyers are generally assholes, along with Equus buyers, and it makes no sense. After incentives, you can get an Equus for well over 10k under invoice; you're not fooling anybody, buddy. You're blood ain't rich, or you'd be getting that S class.

NB Miata.

Just reread your comment, sorry. It's probably more like the Lexus, where body roll exists for the sake of ride comfort, rather than the well controlled suspension tuning of the german competitors.

But our clients don't care about all of that. They couldn't discern the difference between leaf springs and a pushrod suspension if their life depended on it.

Bumping because I'm bored at work. Used to lurk here, know it's a slow board. Still bumping though, lol.

any qt p2t's at your store?

As a 22 yo with cash and decent credit what's the best way to Jew you Jews

Uh, few and far between. A lot of functional but coked out druggies. A BDC manager of ours is actually really gorgeous, but way too much drama if I went there. Besides, every guy in this business is a boner-led perv that hits on anything with boobs; no need to add fuel to the fire.

Going into a dealership with cash is no longer an advantage. The store gets more money by financing a car than selling it straight.

But it really depends what you are looking to do. Lease, finance, purchase, all have different rules and ways to go about the best deal. Easiest way is really to find the Internet pricing as an aggresive lease or purchase quote.

It's really easy to reverse engineer a lease quote, btw; find the residual and cap cost, and whatever remains is the amount the dealership pays for a lease, plus the bank fee, taxes, and DMV. Getting below that number will mean the dealership is losing money. They'll do it, but most aren't happy about it.

Why does the Genesis coupe exist? Why do people buy them and think they're "KDM tyte yo"?

For example, a car that costs 20k, has 1k in incentives, and a 60% residual will cost 7,600 to lease. With 0 down, tax and fees up front, it is 211 a month with the dealership making no money. Shopping around will possibly get you close to 200, but again, understand that you shouldn't take it personally if you get hit hard during negotiations or if they won't take that deal. Most dealerships will throw those deals away anytime before the end of the month.

Genny coupes are meant to compete with the 370Z and it part of their expansion of the brand.

That being said, it is a horrible car. Tranny is rubbery, steering is 2x as heavy as it should be, and the suspension is rock hard for no reason.

Alright, shift is over. Any other questions, I'll answer when I get home.

Are Sonatas reliable? (2008-now)

Ehhhhh. Our Service department is filled with them. I'd say they fair mid-tier for reliability.

I wouldn't own one, desu. But it depends on the engine; I feel really good about the 1.6T they're throwing in everything, nowadays.

How did you start working there?

How can I, a 19 year old with average credit and a full time job that I've had for 2 months, land a $5k loan for a motorcycle?

Not really your department, but I'd assume you'd have an idea.

Applied off of careerbuilder to be a sales consultant, hated it but I did great in the phones, so they transferred me to the BDC. Now, I work 40 hrs a week and basically just make outbound calls at a desk in a nice office with awesome coworkers and get paid 65k. I highly recommend getting a BDC job if you need strong income with a regular schedule. I don't even work all that hard. I do, but I don't.

Prequal at an outside lender.

I hate my 2008 hyundai accent. How long until it shits the bed and I need a new car?

Do you have a dealer carfax subscription? Can you just plug in any vin and get a report?

Do you need a degree to be a BDC?

>Internet Sales Consultant
Why is it when I try to contact any dealership via email they just tell me to call and then spam my email for the next 6 months with advertisements

Prilly soon. Early gen Accents are so bad. Electrics go quickly.

We have a comparable service, Autocheck (by experian, iirc), available to all prospective clients.

Not at all. In fact, i only do two evening shifts, so one could possibly pursue a degree while working full time, if you could take the workload.

Yup. Our schedule for day 1-30 uncontacted is an email and a call a day. You'll be contacted for 90 days, in total.

The reason for this is is that if someone picks up and is no longer in the market for any reason, I discontinue followup, but there are a lot of clients who haven't responded for WEEKS and spontaneously pick up, are in the market, and set an appointment to come in. Without calling, I have no way to discern who is ignoring me and who is genuinely so busy that they haven't gotten back to me.

Just yesterday, I had someone pick up who put in a request about 20 days ago, and she licks up and has a lovely 5 minute convo with me and I set the appointment for her to come in.

Countless others scream at me or ask me why I don't take the hint (as if I am a clingy boyfriend). I usually respond with a polite response, explaining I hadnt heard back from them this whole time, but now that I know, I can uodate it on our end, disconnect the call, and laugh about it with my coworkers.

This is my job, and I am a polite, respectful person. I get paid commission on volume, not a deal's gross profit, so I'll quote crazy low prices and we'll honor them. If you are interested in a car, picking up the phone for me will save you a shitload of money. No skin off my nose if you're mad you never called or emailed back to say you weren't interested anymore.

Dear opie, are you still here?

I've driven Ford all my life. This month I got a Hyundai. It's different but good in its own ways. At first I fucking hated the make because it's Asian. NOT AMERICAN! I would only drive cars made in America. But my car itself was assembled in the USA. Yeah I'm racist towards cars. I like my Elantra though. It's taking some time to get used to. Just wanted to put that out there

A question for you: what does Elantra mean? Or did they just make up a cool-sounding word? Give me some history or background of this vehicle, something I can be proud of

I can't find any information at first glance for the etymology of Elantra. It's known as the Avante in South Korea. Other than that, it is a formidable C segment vehicle.

Haven't driven the current gen, but the last gen Elantra had great steering up to about 7/10ths. The Sonata was numb.

You're right, the car is extremely responsive with its steering and acceleration. I think they just picked a cool sounding word and used it as the name of the vehicle.

What do you think of the elantra GT OP?

I'm probably going to go Subaru next but wanted to get your opinion on whether or not hyundai has anything on the other brands in the hatchback/crossover market. I like the look of the veloster more but it felt really cramped with my 6'4" body.

My dad really likes his warranty so he's pushing for the genesis next. Thanks for the advice on that to someone else earlier.

It wont.

The older accent and elentra last forever well everything else in them breaks.

I work in a Mobis Warehouse, are you one of those asshole accessory order dealers. Fucking hate those dealers, -30 lines, each line is fucking 10 all weather mat sets, or 20 mud guards.

Is the Azera a reliable car? My friends mom has one and it's comfy as hell.