Why hasn't the military ever tried doing an LS swap on their aircraft...

Why hasn't the military ever tried doing an LS swap on their aircraft? A twin turbo LS3 small-block should put out more power than whatever they currently use on their old F16s or something

Other urls found in this thread:

dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/
youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better question: why has nobody done a turbine engine swap to a road vehicle? Dem HPs.

Why would you swap an inferior GM engine when you can swap a Modular G-d engine???
dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/

I feel like this has been done

>Why hasn't the military ever tried
>Better question: why has nobody done a turbine engine swap to a road vehicle?

Because gunships often travel with tanks, it makes logistics sense to have them use a common fuel. Thus, the Abrams tanks went to turbines which could suck the same fuel the helicopters used.

A Warthog can BRRRRRRTTTTTTT any faggot ass car. It is 100 million times better than anything usually posted in Veeky Forums.

>swapping in an inferior engine

You forgot "/k/ here", fag

/k/ is very mixed opinion on the A-10.

t. /k/ommando

I like how intimidating it looks. if i was in a post apocalyptic world and this thing was cruising around id be fucking terrified.

>It makes logistical sense to consume more fuel, and to consume a more expensive one at that
No.

fangirl status;
B T F O
T
F
O

It's actually /co/ and /v/ who got mega obsessed with the A-10 thanks to that dumb fanfic that got posted constantly and when moot enabled .ogg inbedding for a bit. The site-wide titillation with BRRRTTTTTT stemmed from those two boards filtering into others thanks to crossoosting.

Lurk more.

It would be better to use Ecoboost

>The average recoil force of the GAU-8/A is 10,000 pounds-force (45 kN), which is slightly more than the output of one of the A-10's two TF34 engines (9,065 lbf / 40.3 kN each)
>Gun so powerful you can use it to fly in reverse

New goal in life is to never be in front of a warthog

Every other military in the world has gunships travel with tanks, too.

They're all diesel.

LS swaps into aircraft have actually been done numerous times.

>thanks to that dumb fanfic

Fuck I remember reading that years and years ago.
Were does time go?

Rolls Royce makes more sense.

Abrams tanks can run off of almost anything. It's honestly pretty rad m8. They can use jet fuel, diesel, gas etc

Strangely enough, I hear it's encouraged not to use pump fuel for some reason, I think because of something in it causes a buildup in the turbine.

Also interesting, when Plymouth was debuting their turbine powered car, the President of Mexico at the time successfully ran his off of tequila. Only Mexico would be able to field a tequila powered car.

Tfw you can't share a drink with your carfu

youre so fucking retarded i want to murder you

This is the stupidest thread I have ever, EVER seen posted here.

Fuck me

>I hear it's encouraged not to use pump fuel for some reason,
The honeywell turbine can run off pumpgas but the problem is anything except JP8 lacks proper lubrication. Also driving around a warzone while carrying a few hundred gallons of gasoline n a huge tank that will get shot at with explosives is a very bad idea.

nogunz detected

>A twin turbo LS3 small-block should put out more power than whatever they currently use on their old F16s or something
Well, if you could get the LS to 5K ft#, then you'd be at about 9% of the non-afterburner torque of an F16 (76kN is about 56K ft#)

But here's a (You) for trying.

Yeah, and that's saying something...

youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

LS powered aircraft aren't uncommon.

Apparently a Corvair's flat 6 is a popular plane engine as well

all these faggots falling for the bait