I got memed into buying kumho tires and two of them have blown up in the first year for no reason___ chinese lady...

I got memed into buying kumho tires and two of them have blown up in the first year for no reason___ chinese lady refuse to honor warranty no matter what

Which tire brand is not a meme? I need to buy a new set and put these kumhos in the trash

Scotty Kilmer was right about these junk tires

Something not Korean or Chinese.

Never heard of anyone else with such problems with Korean tyres though. Myself I've had retread tyres fuck up suddenly but nothing else. I don't use Korean or Chinese rubber though since the retread incident so I can't speak so much for Korea

>refuse to honor warranty

That is why you have state attorney general and state laws on warranties. Check out your state's website to see who and how to contact. Have the warranty info and the serial number of each tire. Foreign tire makers, particularly chinese ones, like to avoid warranty by claiming tires in certain serial number ranges were not licensed by them for official legal sale in certain areas of the usa. Some chinese tire purchases from retail storefronts have had such warranty failures notably Consumer Reports when it tested three chinese tire brands which were purchased from official tire sellers buying from the official tire distribution network.

I run cumho ns2r semi slicks and no issue for the past few years. They're actually pretty good value for the track

>wah i ran my tyres at 20psi and they blew up and now i'm not getting a warranty on a wear part
Fuck off, retard. I've burned KU36 until they were down on their second belt and they didn't give a hint of a shit.

I have kumhos. Bought them over 12 years ago (not on daily driver obviously).
I was never happy with the compound, and they're cracking now but still intact.

I'd never buy kumhos again, but I'm guessing OP had other issues besides the actual tire.

Just buy some Coopers man and be done with it.

If you have the money, Michelin or Goodyear.

That's a rare scotty you got there

Please replace your tires before you become the next Paul Walker.

you would probably be safer driving around with a loaded gun pointed at your face.

Always Pirelli/Bridgestone/Federal

Why skimp on arguably the most important part of your car?

>federal
>Federal Corporation is a Taiwan based tire manufacturer, headquartered in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City Taiwan.

lmfao

replace federal with michelin and then add continentals for shit weather and you've got yourself a good list

Using Kenda right now. Can't complain.

>Mfw when Geostar and Tracker are the cheapest/most easily available tires
kill me

I've had Kumho Sense's for over 50K now on my beater

Amazing tires for such little money. After doing research (mostly on tirerack), I honestly believe Kumho makes the best budget tires for the money (especially all-season)- period.

Grand touring TA71's are just absolutely phenomenal and almost best in class, and the new 4XII Ultra all-season is only a few feet of performance from the top tires with noticeably better performance than Sumitomo.

My next tires when I upgrade will definitely be a set of Kumhos. Would highly recommend to anyone.

i run sumito htrz III on my evo for dd, no issues at all, great price better than hankooks

The best summer tire i have used is the bf goodrich comp sport 2

The best winter tire is the blizzak

OP here, I should probably mention the guy that sold me them said they were barley used

>buying used tires

you learned your lesson the hard way . . . as did I...

Tread depth isn't the only thing that leads to tire degredation. As tires get older (even just 2-4 years) they become much, much worse and aren't the same as new. Buy new.

That car only goes 3 miles to the store down a back road once a month just to scratch the rust off the rotors and lube some gears. Otherwise its literally sitting in a field (hurricane/tornado season so its out away from trees).

Too many cars, haven't had $600 for a set of rubber.

I've had good experiences with
> Michelin
> Bridgestone
> Dunlop
> General
> Goodyear
> BfGoodrich
> Firestone
> Hankook
DO NOT BUY
> Khumo
> Cooper
> Any other chinese piece of shit tire
Pic related is some chinese shit my truck had on when i bought it. It was at 3/4 tread and it fucking blew on the highway, didn't even bother with warranty just threw on some Goodyears

>kum ho

For years I ran nothing bu cooper, firestone, bridgestone, or mechelin. Slaps some toyos on my wife's car and have been impressed.

Toyos are not good.

Speak for yourself. Extensa A/S are highly reviewed and in the year my wife has had them on her car not a single complaint. Quiet and great in the snow.

I guess i just got unlucky. If you have good experience with them, then keep using them. I only buy US made tires now, just a personal preference. Maybe my toyos were just lemons

Lel
My dad's got an old Cadillac with some Pirellis from '97 and refuses to replace them because theres no dry rot

Whats wrong with coopers?

Has Scotty Kilmer been taking hormones? He looks very feminine in the picture.

What does Veeky Forums think of Yokohama's? The grip is nothing impressive, but they're cheap and they work.

They won't kill you, but they aren't the best, i guess in a pinch they are better than shitty tires with no tread.

Man I had a horrendous experience with the Cooper STT's. They get (got?) a lot of love from the 4wd crowd over here in Aus but mine were absolutely rubbish and delaminated after 40,000km on the front-left.

Switched to BFG's, on the third set and very pleased.

Depends on what specific Yokohama you're talking about. They have performance variants which do indeed have impressive grip.

I bought some new LingLongs for shits and giggles

they only made it through one burnout

No shitting, that's the actual name

Michelin or Pirelli

I got some Falken tires, am I fucked?

kek, I didn't change my KU36's until I heard loud banging as they started delaminating on the highway after 5 years of use.

kek no kidding

Kumho is South Korean and they are fucking awesome for the money

I would say goodyear and firestone are a step below them.

It should also be noted General manufactures there tires all over the god damn- from Mexico to Brazil and Slovakia (quality, hmm).

*place

Fuck Goodyear's, biggest piece of shit name brand tires on the planet with Michelin a close second

Best tires in the world are Continentals and Pirellis, with Dunlop's being in close consideration

I've been using kumho's on my dd for years. Their newer tires are fine for commuters. Definitley not performance tires though. But the road hugger gt's I have on now seem to be holding up better than the goodyears I replaced from the po. Plus they're cheap and last long.

Continental's new factory has all many QC issues. u fucked now. Buy some fucking nittos.

Continentals are good quality for the money, but in terms of quality/performance combined- Michelin really is the best.

I agree Goodyear is garbage, and Dunlops are usually around the same price as BFGoodrich/Continental which are better.

Was going to mention Nitros, I really want Motivos for my DD

Michelin's are overpriced and definitely not better than either Continental/Pirellis, if you're going to spend Michelin money go Italian

Michelin> Bridgestone> Continental> BFGoodrich> Hankook> Dunlop> Kumho> Sumitomo> General

The only tire brands worth buying unless you like blowing money on Yokohamas or R-compound, or just don't know quality.

>Dunlop behind Hankook

Are fucking serious?

Consumerreports and numerous other tire reviewers/testers have already gone over this. In terms of just pure quality, Michelin is the clear winner.

Literally just google best tire brand or best tire brand quality.

Pirelli's have equal/better performance, but not quality of materials.

>Consumer Reports

Literally the most biased bullshit rag with the most flawed methods for testing, which is of course why they rank Michelin's so highly, and they've been in trouble for their shit methods as well

then check out just about any other site

Michelin is #1
I'm not a fan of the French, but you can't deny they make some kickass tires that are the best all around in every category

You're right, my mistake

I stand by everything else

In my experience with them, they're not worth the money, you can get the same performance from brands that cost less, it's just not worth it

This is true

Just because something is #1 in quality, does not mean it is #1 in value.
That's where Continental/Bridgestone step in, with Kumho/Hankook being the best at the bottom end.
Dunlop is the black sheep in the middle with people usually going up or down.

My dad has Dunlop's on his '88 911 Carrera Targa and they are great, they're sticky and ride well with good rain handling
Dunlop's are severely underrated

dunlop are very well respected in the motorcycle community.

The point is, why buy Dunlops that are more expensive than Bridgestone/Continental when both are better quality/performance?

Bridgestone are still the better tire.