What does it feel like to own a supercar?

What does it feel like to own a supercar?

>NSX owners need not answer

Feels pretty G if you ask me
no u

It loses its novelty after a couple months
Suddenly it's just a car to you and all the quirks start to stand out.

It's never enough, anons. Never.

When a facelift comes out, your car automatically will be inferior, outdated and will be never seen as new. Enthusiasts may consider it okay but the normal people can identify these small changes and make a statement that your car is outdated. Go out in a Gallardo, 4/10 people will look and think you're a mere showoff who wanna look like a super rich guy. Go out in a Huracan, instant pussy and 11/10 people will look at you.

breaks down in weird ways
bills you can afford but are annoying to pay
rubber rubberneckers bothering you
sjw and bitter poor fags being rude
dealing with jaded cunts like but its worth it for dem looks and dat interior
that and high speed never being a problem or unsettling

>that interior

>Go out in a Gallardo, 4/10 people will look and think you're a mere showoff who wanna look like a super rich guy.
normies won't know what the difference is, a lambo is a lambo to them. even to me lots of the new lambos look alike anyways especially with those special editions and whatnot

Depends on the vehicle OP.

I've noticed that many different cars at the same price point have different levels of quality and feel.

F355 Spider is comfy, but the Enzo feels like you're sitting in a simulation machine

>normies can identify change

Thinking any fucking normie would even know this is a '13

It feels like a bag of sand.

Heavy, yet still soft and malleable?

thats not a supercar btw.

Look at it, the more softer the car looks, the more older it is. The more angrier and radical a car looks, the newer it is.

Well, for the rich that is kind off heartbreaking. Also the depreciation, OMG.

t.normie

If you are not gonna give a fuck about what other people will think, its perfectly alright to buy even a sports car from the 2000s. If you are all in for the looks like a badge whore, you'll be hit with jealousy and stuff once when the newer one looks more cooler and it drives past you.

FYI I was speaking about the 90% of the people who buy supercars just for that status and to show off.

>the Enzo feels like you're sitting in a simulation machine

Is that good or bad?

scary, why would you want to worry about such an expensive toy to the point where you can't enjoy it in public?

Posessions, as much joy as they can momentarily bring, are also a varying degree of burden at all times. Expensive posessions doubly so, and the more you own or the more expensive things you own, the more you need to worry about their upkeep, care and damage or loss prevention. And cars are trifold bad in this regard because they will deteriorate when you use them too much, use them the wrong way or care for them too little. I mean, I don't oppose posessions entirely and I own some stuff myself where the joy easily outweighs the burden, but there is also lots of stuff in the world where it doesn't.

like owning a super bike but less fun and more $$

Not really a supercar, but lotus elise. I can imagine a supercar is 10x worse.
>Can't park it anywhere
>Can't speed anywhere
>Don't want to do skidz
>Ricers assume you want to race
>Retards assume you're launching from every stoplight and gun it to feel good about their shitboxes (Mostly balding middle aged men)
>Tailgaters because they deserve nice cars for all the brick laying they have done since dropping out of high school
>Can daily if you've got a secure place to park, but worry about putting on excess km's.

i daily a boxster s and i've had similar feels.

except i cant do extrem skids because haha..open diff.

I think it all depends on what kind of "supercar" it is, and how much you care about it (how wealthy you are and if you can afford to neglect it)

I know people who daily SLS's and other AMG mercs who seem to be having a comfy time.

AMG isn't a normie magnet though, most people where I live don't even know the difference between a base model sedan and an AMG. Add people de-badging and badge swapping higher trim models as well as base models, and nobody treats Mercs or BMW's as special unless it's glaringly obvious it's a monster

Depends on what you're looking for.

Obviously Ferraris and family aren't DDers, but I use mine to take my wife out, cruising in the 355 is much nicer than the hard leather in the Enzo.

You want to get straight to the road and fuckin hoon? Get that superbeast.

dat tire pressure monitor though

deadmause once posted on his Twitter to stop taking pictures of his mclaren p1 because people almost kept crashing into him.

I don't know if this classifies as "supercar" but...

>2014 GT500, TP/PP

It sits in my garage
I don't take it out much
I have to park WAY the fuck out, but always try to keep it in view
Wash it after every drive

It's a lot of work so it doesn't turn to shit. If asshole fuckhead drivers don't ruin what you own, Mother Nature sends her own bitchy PMS ridden fuck-you in the form of hail.

Everything is always out to destroy what you own.

You sound like a real douche, user.

Almost any car with a V12 feels like a supercar

nigga chill you have a mid engine miata

it's a little too small for any road presence too. Notice how real supercars are actually quite long and wide?

my dad owned the same car, black with charcoal stripes

his was his dd though, he drove it from kansas to sc to tennessee to florida and everywhere in between. he put like 15k miles on it in a year or so.

it felt like a drag car though. heavy steering, the rear diff would lock up when it was cold and you'd hear the outside wheel skipping along the asphalt, the transmission was heavy too. but it was an enjoyable drive once you got used to the heft

it is just a mustang after all

Has anyone driven a testarossa? They look so damn cool but
>3800lbs

By that logic a tesla or r35 gtr is just an awd ford taurus, you colossal fucking moron.
>Notice how
Yeah, I did. You react like a woman, blindly attacking and getting emotional. Assess your feelings and figure out why you are so salty.

I don't hate tradies, but it's old 4x4s with logos or utility vehicles that do the majority of the tailgating. Ricers aren't bad, either. But, you forgot to include some people (like the other guy I'm responding to) into your opinion. There are toxic people that do the stupidest shit just because they know they could damage your car.
>2 lane road at a stop light, turns into 1 lane road, outside lane has to merge in
>I'm on inside lane, riced out civic si next to me, fartcan and all
>Revs up, floors it and starts merging immediately, didn't even try and get ahead before merging, just wanted to slow me down or crash trying.

Imagine a really cool really expensive toy that will sometimes be a huge pain in the ass

This. I wouldn't say my corvette was a supercar. But people would compliment it, but because I drove it every day it just seemed like a normal car to me.

>thinking your fucking mercedes is a supercar

Jesus christ man.

Constant fits of paranoia because everybody wants to cut you off to get a half second glimpse longer.
Then you have to wave at the plebs and smile like you're some sort of political figure at stop lights.
Its really great.
T exotic car porter

mamma mia pizzarea bippity boopity boo,

how does anyone like jackson pollock tier interior.

Looks like a public bathroom, if shit and piss were chrome and leather.

fuck yeh straight up 180 and 360's aussie pride way to do burnouts on a small narrow street and a perfect location fuck the neighbors its australia we have the right to do this shit its a free country and a perfect time and nice control love it aussie style good on ya mate

real supercars used to be small though.

As someone who loves mercs i swear when a nice one is parked or goes past im the only person to neck snap.
I wish i had A 300 E AMG 6L. Dreams are free though im considering a conversion myself.

Sadly, you're right.

Thanks for crushing my dream of owning a supercar. But I don't blame ya for the truth.

Fuck no, I drove the S600 Maybach at a luxury rental to get to a customer and it felt smooth as fuck and not radical like the Aventador or F12 which I've driven too.

I always thought the Countach was huge af but that seems so small man.

I don't own a supercar (far from that) but I own one of my dreamcars

>I live in France
>I own a convertible '65 mustang
>Old mustangs are not exeptionnal in France but still pretty rare

I could DD it if gas wasn't that expensive (5,3US$/gallon) and I'm sure I'd have more backthought if i'd have to park it outside where I live.
I bought this car for my pleasure, for the heartbeat i miss everytime i look at it, for the smile it put on myself everytime i step on the accelerator. People look at me when I drive it, it pleases me, but I'm not living for their looks. This car is for me and when they look at it, takes pictures of it or wave at me when i drive it, it's only bonus.

If one day i'm able to buy a supercar, it will be on the same principle (I hope, or I will have become an a-hole) to feel good in the car. Not for shouting "I have more money than you" to the others, but for smiling that I have fullfilled a dream for me.

At the end of the day its all about what you like and enjoy.
Also i find cars like that wont get stares from younger people usually but older people love it.

not close to supercars but i have 2 oddball cars, 1979 Supra and 1991 Crown. daily drive both in summer and 2-3 people daily talk to me about them at lights. Supra is usually what kind of car is that, Crown its usually black taxi drivers that grew up with their father driving a Crown taxi in Fiji or wherever or people that rode in Crown Comfort taxi in Hong Kong or Tokyo

honestly knows whats up, buy whatever you enjoy. my girlfriend builds her cars to crave attention from other people, myself i will gladly talk to people that ask about my stuff but i do it all for myself to make me happy

Is that a Crown?
My friend has one and it's such a nice car.
Sure its a boat but it snaps necks everywhere it goes.

while not a supercar, my mom DD's a '14 991 c4 cab. even though you see them all over people still go out of their way to park next to it. you also get shit from people when driving it in the winter. "eh, it is just a car and it is 4 wheel drive. . ."

I'm gonna get shit for this, but it felt incredibly cheap and was a huge dissapointment.

I'll tell you what though, speed was the last thing I was worrying about. It wasn't fast, but it was kinda special to drive.

But it was like the inside of an f40 (which I sadly didn't actually get to drive fast). You know what you're in, they know what you're in, but it doesn't feel as expensive as it is.

1991 MS135 Crown, one of the last 8th gens made before they swapped body styles mid 1991.

i love the bloody thing, daily drive it and take it on roadtrips all the time. took it through here in western Canada then down to the USA without an issue. things been through hell and back, had i think 60,000km when it was imported in 2007 and its sitting at 150,000km now only being driven summers lol

They are amazing cars.
My friends one is a 1991 also and looks pretty much identical. Also snaps necks everywhere it goes.
For me personally i just love how big they are.
They make their younger brother(cress) look small in comparison.
Also with a nice exhaust they sound amazing holding in 2nd on the auto box.

i just put a generic aftermarket Ebay muffler on it and it sounds good lol. but yeah its the little things like the fridge in the back seat with them and theyre a Japanese landyacht

In their time they were true Japanese luxury cars.
I would almost say more so then Centurys as they were basically mob cars or very high up.
Just amazing cars haha.
Getting hard to find with no rust now.

Does the crown have all the little details soarers at the time did, like the extra sun visor thing above the rear view mirror and brake fluid level/temp sensor?

I love all that sort of shit they did back then

depends which one. The boggo elise S1 is practically a mid engine miata but the newer track-focused ones have a lot of road presence with their wings and splitters and whatnot

Agreed.

My car's both a supercar AND a built car though (33 GTR user here) and i honestly think of it more as a built car and it's got both perks and cons.

The good thing is i can hang with the supercar crowd for cross country runs, charity events, while also having serious street cred.

The downside is you have to be careful of cunts vandalizing or attempting to TOW YOUR CAR TO STEAL IT. This actually happened the first night i bought it. Had to pull a shotgun on him.

Also, the costs to maintain are fucking absurd. And GTR's are somewhat cheap. There's other cars out there with stupid inflation of what the part is actually worth just because badge.

I agree, buy the car you want for you.

When i bought my GTR, i never even thought of it as a supercar. I was approaching it from the angle of building it.

It was only after when i kept getting invited to meets where lambos, rarris and shit were common that i realised it had lot of respect as a supercar.

I just loved the bathurst legend, i would have bought a 32 but ended up getting a 33 due to the condition of every 32 i found being beyond fucked, then i took a ride in a 33, learned more about it and started to really like the looks.

Having gone to a lot of these meets, it seems more people think like i do than i thought. People would assume a lot of the ferrari owners got them for status, but there are a LOT of owners who really appreciate them. Not all of them, but the majority do.

That looks like some Men In Black/Beetleborg crossover shit.

>rarris
Couldn't continue reading past this.

Maybe he shouldn't pain a fucking meme cat on it then. I swear, I love this dudes music but he just sounds annoying irl

Story, now. If it were me it would have been the AK and I wouldn't have stopped to confront.

>He is responsible for other people being inbred retards removing themselves from the gene pool and should change what he does himself instead of everyone else needing to not be fucking retarded
Fuck that.

And
>meme as a generic insult adjective
Neo4chan needs to die a firey death.

They let me park with them tho

Gonna buy a fucking murcielago now thanks to ur comment fuck you

Do it nigger

Sometimes I just want car designers to drive off a cliff.
At least motorcycles are easier to change.

but gtrs and teslas arent slow and driven by obnoxious boyracers like miatas and your backwards miata

See
I agree with this user, tho I haven't driven one extensively, but they're generally pretty lackluster.

There are much nicer alternatives for the price point.

Your car is no where close to a supercar.

I agree with the fact that a GTR isn't a supercar (I'd classify it as a sportscar)
but
>Almost as impractical as a supercar
>guzzle gaz like a supercar
>got the same fear that people want to vandalize it as a supercar
>price of the maintenance as a supercar

What is the criteria for being a supercar? :)

It probably feels great, I wouldn't know.

What I would say is that there's no way in hell it would be my ONLY car, but assuming I could own a brand new Audi R8 my rule is to always be able to buy something twice before spending a whole lot of money, so I probably wouldn't exactly be hurting for cars.

you feel like you have really poor money management and still slow as fuck.

Why don't you sell your 2 shitty cars and get 1 less shitty car?

Dude, my old boss (he resigned recently to build a cottage in the finger lakes, aka loaded) had an AMG something or other and kept bragging he got it for like half off. I looked into the car a bit and noticed it wasn't a real AMG.

considering ive had 10 offers to buy the Crown since ive owned it and multiple on the Supra including $12k cash when it wasnt running, i think im doing alright

you must be really slow to compare motorized safety comfort cage to motorized bicycle

i would say his is good, kinda hard to pay for skin grafts and surgeries when you inevitably eat shit on a crotch rocket when you lane split cars going double the limit on a turn

When it was built it was just as quick as one

The fact that you turned down so much for those turds lets me know that you aren't doing fine.

obviously am doing fine financially to turn 12k down on a at the time non-running car, nevermind the fact i have 2 other vehicles besides those 2. they have sentimental value to me, money means nothing in the end.

Just bantz m8, if you enjoy driving the automotive version of diarrhea then good on you.

nah im fine considering i dont own a Ford or anything British, no diarrhea in my garage. just 3 of the best names that came out of Japan

>you must be really slow to compare motorized safety comfort cage to motorized bicycle

please, find a safe, and confortable, supercar.

oh wait

Get over yourself.

I DD'd a Boxster, and now I DD a 997-generation 911. People treat me normally because I drive and park normally. I park at the mall, grocery stores, and even the airport Park'N'Fly. My car gets rained on, snowed own, and muddy, and I take it through the automated car wash. It's a car and I use it like a car.

As for excess km's, when I first got the Boxster I got a winter beater. Then I realized that's stupid. The extra depreciation from mileage is no more than the cost of running a winter beater. Just drive the car that you enjoy driving.