80s cars of Veeky Forums

We share our current 80s project/daily drivers

83 celica gts

Other urls found in this thread:

supraforums
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's my shitty 80s weeb machine. I hate it.

Trying to find a 86-87 d16a1 for her atm

>80's

1980 was the last year of Triumph, so here's my '80 Spitfire.

81 short wide, nearing 10k miles on the crate 350 and rebuilt trans, soon should be doing full suspension overhaul, minor c-notch and 4" front 6" rear drop.
>replacing the new heater core today because it leaked after 5 days
>a/c cabs make this a nightmare

That's beautiful. Tell us more.

Going to fix some rust spots on the headlights I got for my Corolla today. Needs a LHD beam to be allowed on the road here.

I'll trade you my miata for it. Completely stock NB1 with 70k miles. I'd prefer your shitbox

'mirin

Here she is

Really want to get an E30, E24, or mk3 supra. I have to decide whether to get one to mess around with or turbo muh FRS.

My brothers rx7 and my ae92 :^)

I'm in about $2500 rn

My 85 supra

>those tires
it would propably be better treated by some nigegrs in some african hellhole

Mr2 spoiler?

I don't normally like notchbacks, but that looks pretty damn good for some reason.

>pic related
My car, bought it a couple of days ago, '84 Gazelle with a CA20E, slushbox, and a solid rear axle with drums. That's what AU$400 will get you.

So far I've done:
>spark plugs, all 8 of them
>fuel filter, because it looked fucking old
>replaced 2m of vacuum lines because they were all horribly cracked
>fixed the battery terminal that was keeping the hood partially open
>oil/filter and coolant change
>replaced the rear tyres because wire was hanging out and the weather is awful

To do:
>front sway bar link and mount bushes
>steering rack mount bushes
>rack end joints
>control arm ball joints
>fix some minor dents in the bodywork
>sand and respray with the best paint job I can manage at home, maybe two-tone with gloss black and dark silver
>repair some of the interior trim
>figure out what I can do in the way of suspension adjustment mods, shocks, coilovers, etc
>figure out the best brake mods to do
>SR20DET + manual conversion
>LSD rear end
>maybe buy the BBS wheels my mate has, if I can somehow make 9 and 9.5" wheels fit

It should be a fun restomod project.

85 Nissan Laurel

'89 AW11 with 20v blacktop

At work and don't have any pics of mine.

bought the wheels with them.
there from a stance nation bro slammed gti

This is for sale in my city. Want

'83 Capri RS

How big are these?

Not very, just slight longer than a Miata by a few inches but the headroom is insane

3rd gen like mine has more interior room too imo over the 4th gen wagon

Thats what I was hoping for, they dont look very big but its a wagon so its fucking with my head
I like it

My '89 Grand Marquis

With the weather still nice out I usually take my family out on long drives through the parks, country side, etc. They love cruising around in it. Project wise, nothing major going on; just a bunch of little things that I'll get to in time:

>Do a thorough wash, wax, and polish job to bring the paint and vinyl top back to life
>Adjust the idle air control screw to restrict air flow (car idles a bit too high - not often, but left in park long enough it will start to rev high)
>Attempt to find a '88-'91 Grand Marq with an intact dash pad (where the radio holes are) to eventually replace the current one as the radio holes are a bit cracked.
>Next year get new tires and brakes for the car

I've been meaning to ask you, what brand louvers do you have?

'88 Mazda RX-7 FC, it's the 10th Anniversary one

I've had it a couple years already and have had really little to work on (it had mostly cosmetic issues, runs perfect) but yesterday one of the headlights started acting weird
It won't come up by itself when I turn the switch, but if I start manually winding it it'll come up on its own, but fold back down perfectly fine by itself when I turn them off
I haven't really looked too hard into it since it only started doing that yesterday night, but does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

damn

Just copped an 84 Subaru GL Can't wait to start working on it

Piece of trash has more wrong with it every time I look at it. Should have got an XJ.

Yea I put a mr2 spoiler on, gave the back a little flare to it lol

ferd

I dig it. Looks like it was meant to be.

The support under the trunk ended up being a big issue trying to make it fit. It may look oem and even in person it does. But underneath is a nightmare. Good thing I do body work and can dress it up at least...

Where are you located? I may have seen this in Vancouver, WA.

Seems like a gear is stripped, but once you get it moving it'll work. I'd look in the mechanism

Hnnnng widebody is my fetish

>panda two-tone mr2
holy fuck

muh a dub

Muh '84 cressida

I remember you.

does it run?

Just scraping in with my boomer-spec '89.
Needs some last few things fixed with the body before a respray in the factory midnight blue.

You don't want any of that SR nonsense. Go with a CA18 ;^)

My friend (who is a Nissan fanatic) reckons it's a lot cheaper to get power out of an SR20DET than it is a CA18DET, why do you recommend the CA?

I'll mostly be using it as a daily, something I can take to car meetups, and fun blasts through the hills.

PNW boys.

Which engine does yours have?

I'm holding out for a 325ix. There are a few I'm pissed I didn't jump on, but I have my car to work on at the moment. I'd prefer a '91 for more power, but I'll take any year at this point. It's just hard to find a coupe with a manual where people don't want $5k+ with almost 300k miles.

Picture is current DD/fix up car. I paid $1500 for it because the guy typo'd the price, texted him about it when I saw the ad posted again for $2500 the next day. Paint on the hood and trunk is fucked, drive train is sound, sunroof works. It just has issues most 30 year old Mercs, especially 190Es, have. Thank you U Pull It for having an '85 and '88 in stock because lol Mercedes prices on new parts.

>Cheaper
>Stronger block
>Revs higher and harder
>Piss-easy to work on
>Doesn't sound like a tractor
>Will drop straight in

But your mate isn't wrong - if your goal is power, it is definitely WAY easier and cheaper with an SR!
I just feel somewhat obligated (as a fellow CA owner) to try to stop you from going to the "dark side". ;)

It's tempting, for sure. Another idea I'm entertaining is a VQ swap. I know there's going to be significant engineering challenges there, but a lightweight V6 sitting far back in the engine bay and giving heaps of torque would be pretty fun to drive, and more useful as a daily.

more skids?

'89 foxbody here. I sound much faster than I am.

nice miata, user

God damn, I wish Mustangs and Corvettes were actually sold in decent numbers in Australia.

even as a meme that doesnt make any sense

Hey its user from the meat N greet all those monthe back with the d16a1 crx! Buy my stock d15a3. It was strong as hell before i swapped engines

dd.... hell od

Brotherssss

'85 here

All-trac??

daddy

All of you guys are making me jealous.
Seriously though it's good to see that there are plenty of people keeping these types of cars on the road.

If I had enough free cash right now I'd be buying a KP61 as fast as humanly possible.

Whats the whp of it ?
How hard was it to swap the ending into it ?
Also which tranimission did you use ?

>those hideous aftermarket tailights

80's cruisin'

some are 80's house music classics

others are new shit. depends on the mood.

more colours the better.

Not quite 80s but really close

need your 80's jacket for proper cruisin'

>that and a few bags of coke

loaded and ready

100% rad

1984 4runner

87 Integra
Bought it not running last summer

Its still not running and now in a million pieces

It will be great again one day!
Now only if other people knew what it was

about 135whp
It took some time to mount but it wasn't horrible
I'm using the C52 5-speed at the moment but I'm thinking of getting a 6 speed LSD trans from an AE111, but I do hear they are much less durable than the 5 speeds.

My '87 MR2, it's in primer and gonna get new paint saturday

I like your taste, I'm painting mine similar except I'm only painting the fiberglass skirts black, not going up any further. Nice ride though!

I would but the dudes on red pepper racing said only the d16a1 will work with my trans so I'm able to keep the 4wd so I'm having a tough time trying to find a 86-87 teggy lol

Push button 4x4

you fucking son of a bitch

where are you, I will buy it

same mr2 from the sticker thread?

If you're serious, email me at [email protected] and we can discuss a deal.
Calgary, Alberta. That wasn't me It will as soon as rock auto gets me my parts!!

Is that custom.body work, or a body kit?

Yep

It'd an old school kit called mitcom shogun, not much info on it nor hardly any pics online.

ayyyyyyyy More Skids! You faggots would post here

restoration project

3800 S/C project

das noice

83 convertible. Checkmate, atheists.
>been chasing an engine-ending misfire
>now down to a polite cough
Also gotta figure out who can work on the bespoke 33-year-old top and frame...

Proper. My first car was a 1965 spitfire.

I feel like i was tricked. Fun times they said, It only had 59k miles the OD said, It blew it's fucking head all over the fucking place.

1989 Supra. Looking at going 1jz or 2jz.

That's what you get for not re-torquing the head bolts, fucker

literally the first thing anyone says to do to these

1987 Supra Turbo Project. Bought it last year and it wasnt running. Put in a fuel pump and new fuel tank and it started right up. Still working on it cuz it has all sorts of other issues.

fuuucking rad but

>FWD
>autotragic

Hey senpai, Have you found a solution to the trim around the windshield? I need to find some kind of fix.

supraforums com/forum/showthread.php?632849-Deleted-windshield-trim-with-success-How-to-Photos

I personally have not done this yet, but i will soon. A guy in my town that has a 2jz swapped 89 Supra did it and he recommended it to me.

>supraforums com/forum/showthread.php?632849-Deleted-windshield-trim-with-success-How-to-Photos
Swag, I found some "replacement" ones. However they wanted like $600-800, "Because muh rare.

Yea I ended up getting the actually trim from a different guy parting an 86.5 out in my area. I only gave him 150 bucks and he let me take all the trim pieces i wanted. Unfortunately, all the clips that hold the trim on around my windshield are broke, so im just gonna go for this Urethane stuff.

My parent's first new car from 83
84 Celcia GT hatch with manual and about 239K miles

350 with 5 speed swap. Hoping to get a better rear end soon.

Sick bruh. HP goals?