Guys... how do I drive a manual? I have a meeting today to look at a 328i for a great price...

Guys... how do I drive a manual? I have a meeting today to look at a 328i for a great price, but I just realized its stick and now I'm freaking out...
Europoors pls help

You can't learn in less than a day. You'll grind the gears and look like an ass. Go look it up if you still want but tell the seller you can't drive stick or just tell him you are no longer interested if you want an auto.

Press the clutch and move the stick to first gear. Don't release the clutch while you do this. Then slowly release the clutch until you feel it engage. Depress the gas pedal slowly while you're releasing the clutch. (PS user you should've asked what transmission it was before scheduling a test drive)

I'm American but lemme not sugar coat this for you. You will not learn immediatly, there is no quick cheat to learn. You will stall out. You will stall out in traffic. You will fuck up.
Okay all you have to do is put car on I.e. Depress clutch and brake turn car on.
With car on, parking brake down, keep clutch depressed put car into first gear, TAKE YOUR FUCKING BIG TOE AND KEEP THE RPMS AT 2K. Slowly get off clutch, car will start to go, ease into gas.
To stop clutch in, brake, put car into neutral, get off clutch. That's it 1rst gear is the hardest to get into but after that it's just a repeat

Maybe have him drive it during the test drive. Basics
>hardest part to learn is getting going from a stop
Practice by not using the gas at all and slowly releasing the clutch, this will teach you your cars bite point. Once you've done this a couple times you should then be using the gas to save wear on your clutch.
>slowing down
Practice downshifting as you come to a stop. You want to downshift all the way to second before coming to a stop. Don't try for first.

+1
Don't ever shift down to first. You'll make the car jump

Wrong. You Can learn in less than an hour, i tought my sister and my gf in half an hour. You just have to remember what gear is where and just wait till the clutch pushs back on your foot. An better way is to slowly release the clutch until you feel the car move and then press lightly on the gas. The rest is gravy.

Find an empty parking lot to practice taking off. Should take you about 10 minutes to get good enough to not stall all the time. See posts above mine as for how.

Shifting while driving is really easy. Just press the clutch, move shifter into the next gear, and carefully release clutch.

>taught my sister and gf in less then an hour
>sister
>gf
Lol fucking rednecks and their incestual relationships

>having an ugly sister
feel bad for you senpai

>assuming my siblings gender
Kys gm fan girl

but I drive a diesel fiero with a punto body kit

>GM simply can't compete

it looks more like some weird dodge status now tho

> Calls us 'europoors'
> Still expects help

You're on your own. Let's hope the owner will teach you, and not just throw you out for grinding gears and burning clutch!

I'm finding that getting the car smoothly into second is the hardest thing (for me anyways)

Shift at 3-4K rpm, let off clutch at a resonably slow rate (not too slow).

to start to move make sure you rev to about 5000 rpms and let off the clutch immediately so you don't stall it

LOTS AND LOTS OF GAS

HOON THAT SON OF A BITCH OUT

>implying OP isn't just a yuropoor false flagging
Also have you been on this site for more than two minutes

>he doesn't even know how

GET FUCKED

Out of an insulting context everything has a different name here. Merifats, europoors, roofuckers, poo-in-loos, leafs, all just names. Meaningless, apart from being slightly amusing.

I usually shift a bit lower than that, 2-3k but I have the cluch release down (mostly)