Why do Americans only care about traveling fast in a straight line?

Why do Americans only care about traveling fast in a straight line?

Maybe, just maybe it's because they only have straight lines.

Don't worry about what we do. Worry about yourself.

Muscle cars are very unpopular in America unless you're a boomer

Everyone else drives mroe nimble econoboxes

I pulled about 0.3G in my pickup the other day on one of the best turns on the fun way home from work.
Otherwise, I literally drive the straightest highway the whole way home, and decent acceleration helps when passing retards.

>implying there aren't loads of teens and fratbro normies who drive muscle cars

Why do americans shit and piss out of their fucking cuntholes?????

If you think a V6 mustang is a muscle car

This. I was told by my American friend Steve that it'll be full of muscle cars, corvettes and vipers and shit but all I found everywhere coming from Russia was minivans, express vans, pick up trucks and vehciles like that. But I did saw a minority of Corvettes and other muscle cars.

This.

>he never heard of Trans Am Racing

Why are Europeans so obsessed with Americans?

Tiny man syndrome.

but I'm an american...

Must be shitty, otherwise I would've heard of it.

What if OP isnt european

Why are americans so obsessed with the idea that only europeans can make a shitpost

I suppose any man would appear to have tiny man syndrome when stood next to an American

i see more corvettes than V8 mustangs

americans want track weapons for hooning around the 90 degree turns and "traffic slowing" road designs of the city

It was the mid 60's and throughout the 70's. Basically muscle car racing on the toughest handling tracks around NA. Eurocars that raced in the series didn't stand a chance.

As soon as the 80's hit everything went to turbocharging and AWD

It's racing with transsexual drivers

Yup, this thing happened and steamrolled over everything.

Don't look at me in my eyes, boy, I ain't got no candy for ya

>1989

By then AWD and turbocharging was the norm

They don't know about corners.

>awd was the norm
it really was not

because it's simple. we like "mash gas go weeee"

>Muscle cars are very unpopular in America unless you're a boomer

What? "Muscle" cars like the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger are incredibly popular, they're almost 1 for every 9 other cars where I'm at. And it's not hard to find them used, soon as the younger crowd who drives them gets married and finds baby seats don't fit in them very well, they're up on craigslist.

Still, trucks are king, at least every other vehicle I pass is a truck. Kids drive lifted trucks, adults drive full size, even a lot of women drive them here. Cars are in a minority, and if it weren't for econoboxes for the poor, you wouldn't see them.

Old actual muscle cars are pretty rare though. Tends to be only enthusiasts or people with massive nostalgia that drive them because they take some work to keep in working order. Most people I know just want to drive something reliable that's not going to need work.

At least americans are starting to catch on with awd and turbocharging. They're only like 2+ decades behind.

American car manufacturers are fucking clueless and so are the stupid people who keep buying them.

>viper still outclasses damn near everything on the road

Because we have enough space to go very fast in straight lines

the midwest and southwest USA looks like the worst place ever

shove turbos up your arse

>uses a na engine
>a modified ford engine
and your point about turbos is???

Low density of people, open space, and freedom. What else could you want

not boring roads
not a lot of nothing
not boring scenery

theres freedom because theres nothing there and free is just another word for nothing

turbo>pigfat boat anchor

Most cities are 'highway cities' in the southern US where I live therefore it's just straight highways for miles between the store and your home or work therefore having straight line speed becomes popular. Finding a twisty road around my area is pretty rare....

Fixed

didnt know it was 2017 yet

Why is your bait thread crap?

BTFO

so glad I live in the glorious Appalachian mountains

curvy roads everywhere

nice shitty kit car that no one cares about

Because as fun as it is to mash your head in during corners, roads that have plenty of tight curves or tracks that you can actually let loose at are few and far between. I dont want to have to drive 200 boring miles to have fun driving and then have to drive 200 boring miles back. I like driving for sure, but that's a little much.

Where does this leave us? You can get just as much of an adrenaline rush doing hard pulls on the highway as you can doing hektik skids during tofu runs, especially if theres someone dead even with you pulling just as hard. And the 'track' for doing so is stoplights with no cops, and highways just a few miles from my house. This is where we spend 99.9% of our time driving, on straight roads with the occasional slight curve or 90 degree turn onto a new road. Hence, going fast in a straight line has become more important than going fast in corners. Dont get me wrong, i like both, but i dont have nearly enough money to not have to worry about the practicality of where i want to drive.

What is GT350 R, Boss 302 LS, Focus ST and RS, 1LE, Z28, Z06 and ACR?

Lots of wide open space since we aren't overcrowded with refugees

Why would you respond to bait?

>You can get just as much of an adrenaline rush doing hard pulls on the highway as you can doing hektik skids during tofu runs

I dont see how

that shit got boring when I was 17

going fast definitely appeals to the less than intelligent crowd with no class

Because leaded fuel use, and its effect on the atmosphere, caused damn-near mental retarding developmental issues during the time of your grand parents infancy. Thus, boomers "wanna go fast!" But can't handle turns because "brain don't do good!". Then, they padded their retardation onto your parents, then you.

Science.

>efficiency is gay
American retardation, everyone

Pls come to Houston. There's literally muscle cars everywhere

He's butthurt he lives in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

>tfw mountain runs that make Dagumi blush are within 20 minute drive from home
>tfw autox available >6/8 weekend days a month
>tfw legendary tracks are open for lapping multiple times a month within a 2 hour drive

dat cali life

This. Our roads aren't fun in general but my car is fun on those cloverleaves and 90 degree city turns

>he needs a twin turbo open wheel deathtrap to beat a viper

>twin turbo
it has an atmospheric ford focus duratec engine

Since hardly anybody is giving the real answer.

This country is fuckhuge. California to New York is like Portugal to Russia. There's a lot of flat empty land in the middle, roughly the size of Spain to Poland. So of course there's long empty roads for efficiency's sake. So these cars are marketable to the average flyover cuck who wants to go fast in a straight line for 1600 miles.

>t. American

I don't think you read his post because he just made a reasonable one. And even in the Midwest there's places like SW Wisconsin where the rivers carved a bunch of canyon-lites and all the roads are curvy and paved.

>Go to Houston
>Mustangs, mustangs everywhere

Why is this the case? There's other stuff too, but Mustangs seem to outnumber every other coupe.

Mustangs have been forced down peoples throats advertising wise since 1964

Is this a meme?

I recently rented a 2016 Dodge Charger 6.4L with an 8 speed auto, and took it on some mountain roads.

Shit handled pretty well. Like for a heavy ass car, it did alright. I went hektic on a lot of corners, and slid it around, always had control, car was stable, took corners at twice the recommended speed, and I didnt have a doubt the car could take it.

My 80's tarbo jab daily handles better, but not smoother. But I also had a lot of work done, and I ride on really good tires.
The rental surprisingly had summer tread, which was the reason I got it.

Anyway, is the american cars cant handle a meme?
Or are they bad when actually driven 10/10 cause in all honestly, I was driving it maybe 7/10.

It's 100% a meme.

>Foxbody outhandled Ferraris
Yea, it's a meme.

I own a foxbody and I refuse to believe this. It's one of the more deserving cars of the meme, floppy chassis, poor steering and suspension geometry (front and back) and shit brakes. Still not terrible but not great.

its not a meme at all

old cars were complete shit

Foxbodies are easily the worst handling things Ive dealt with thats supposed to be sporty

and I would never consider those Chargers good handling it just sounds like it had decent tires

Really? I remember reading a magazine article about a Foxbody out turning a Ferrari.
If I could ask a question, how shit are the 4banger foxes? I know they're dreadfully slow, but they're under 1200 here, and if they have decent economy it might be considered.

still not worth dealing with CARB bullshit

dude what

Foxbodies are fucking awful

and theyre terrible for everything outside of cheap transportation or engine swaps

Perfect, you understand my situation.

Now tell me, how shit are they.

I mean they have no redeemable features outside of what I said

its slower than a Civic with worse economy and only 2 doors
the automatic is complete shit so dont even

youre looking at upper 20s at best on the highway

youd be better off with a V6 Mustang from the 90s, its faster and gets around the same mileage

That's a fucking lie. Virginia alone has 4 multi thousand member car clubs. As far as that straight line statement goes. More people do this than you think. After doing the big three in a muscle car (intake header tune) a lot of people work on the suspension because va is full of windy as fuck roads but we refuse to drive low power bullshit.

4 cyl foxbodies are pretty garbage. Still flexy, different k member, 7.5 instead of 8.8 rear end, but it is the ford 2.3 so it will last forever.

Alright, I'll keep an eye out. Thanks

4 banger foxes are terrible. 5.0s are not. Should clarify that. Also The chassis is a reliable start on any drift build due to the lsd, being lightweight, and rwd. Has versatility to be built for both drift builds and drag builds

Lots of straight roads