>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willie size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:
→ → →

Boring gifums with sounds:
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

faq.f650.com/FAQs/StrangeNoises.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for last thread isn't even at bump limit

Does blipping the throttle even do anything if you're not going fast enough? For example, I am riding a R1 at 40mph in 6th, does blipping even do anything if I am downshifting to second at that point?

epin

nah, only at about mid-range

For fucks sake man, it is beyond me why anyone would ever go buy a Hyosung when you have established brands like Kawasaki/Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha that are known for GOAT reliability/low maintenance/parts availability. You will be fucked if you buy a Hyosung and something goes wrong while also being exposed to random meme brand specific problems like the front sprocket nut coming off for no reason at all.

Just buy a Ninja 650 or SV650. It isn't complicated breh

Vulcan 650 s y/n?

and upwards of course

cruisers in general n

>that webm
Please tell me there is a source video with a crazy old timey announcer.

It sounds cool.

Turbo'd hayabusa

Looks pretty good but it's a cruiser.

Nice pic

I did 300 kms yesterday going into the mountains, and my bike felt perfectly normal.

however, when I wanted to start it, the bike was very hesitant to do so, and made weird hollow thonking sounds the first few revs. any idea what could have happened? it only did this while cold.

not that I know of, sorry

>dueling with firearms will never be an olympic sport again
early 20th century was the tits

Thinking of getting my permit this week, and maybe getting a bike in the near future. I saw a decent condition 95' Honda Shadow VLX600 with ~1500 miles for sale for $750, would that make a decent first bike?

yeah, bretty good starting bikes.

why would you get a bike as your first that will destroy any fun in riding you would have otherwise

10/10 for pretending to be 65 years old

>Vulcan 650

>223kg

>650cc

Yeah nah.

that's part of the cruiser appeal

going incredibly slow, having no lean angle whatsoever and looking retarded?

yep :^)

A E S T H E T I C touge

What bike?

Once you start getting up to that sort of weight you may as well go for an 800cc+ otherwise you're just left with an overweight underpowered lump of shit that's geting eaten off the lights by 250's

Is there another kind?

Well, the germans now dig through the mountains instead of going hektik on 'em

BMW F650, single cylinder and carbed. I have no idea if it might have anything to do with the repeated altitude changes

>mfw a crotchrocket faggot rides by me

>wrantondoxx.png

Thoughts?

It's a HD

Nah I can't see altitude changes doing anything quite like that, at higher altitudes it might run a little rich, die at idle etc

Work your way through this, see if anything matches what you've got going on.

faq.f650.com/FAQs/StrangeNoises.htm

ultra faggy caferacer and I usually like them...

american bikes are trash

>Thoughts?

It's a HD

>seat is literally styrofoam shaped with a box cutter

buell blaster seems nice... except for the engine

Blast is the worst Buell. The XB's and the 1125's are great bikes.

I know the site and that list, but that noise isn't in there, as far as I can see it

Buell is trash, also

Get a bike that isn't a fucking 125cc shitbike.

Is this a good bike?

It's 2012 with 5k miles

Guy wants £3500 for it

it looks amazing

forgot picture

hmmm seems a bit pricey for a nobike

is it your first bike?

Looks great man, snap it up.

>Wake up

>XTW250 still isn't real

Why even live.

what is a nobike?

The opposite of hasbike

why

That camera positioning is all sorts of garbage. Beautiful roads though.

That's a Lotta bike for a little man

>hmmm seems a bit pricey for a nobike

should i buy a cheaper one then?

I prefer the styling of the G650 XCountry, but that looks like a good buy.

Just check if that's a Chinese built 650 rotax or an Austrian one.

because it only has 50 hp and is generally considered pretty characterless. it's not ideal for offroad use, and it won't blow you away on the roads either. however, it's pretty easy to service, and rather reliable

No you should have posted a picture because without the picture it was a nobike.

3 years later, still waiting.
Why can't I have the perfect hooligan city bike ?

tfw insurance on 600cc+ is too much for your first bike.
JUST
I have to go with something in the 300 range.
What do?
Ninja's and dirtbikes need not apply.

so are we talking about the post? not me?

Am I being a Nancy for wanting to avoid carbed bikes for my first? Fuel injection just seems to be so much better for anything bike related.

lol i paid 200/year for my first bike, a 650

do you live in niggertown, alabama, and are 14 years old?

805cc cruiser is cheaper to insure than my 500 standard.
>get a cruiser.

just don't take a racer bike.
Just got my first bike, full insurance on a CB500F is like 50 NZD monthly.
The CB500RR is 110+
It's the same fucking bike.

Australian nanny state and 20.

Talk at length with your insurance Broker, who can look at a bunch of companies. Look at a few bikes you could afford/want to buy and bring the broker your list. You'd be surprised at how they classify bikes differently across companies, brands, etc. My SV650 is considered a "sport touring" whereas the Ninja 300 is a "sport", so the ninja is actually more expensive to insure.

I know
It's the first video I made after I crashed in the grass, I didn't notice that it was tilted until I came back home and saw the video
>Beautiful roads though.
Yes. It was the first time I rode on that road, it's pretty nice

I paid 50€/year in my second year for a 650

>Am I being a Nancy

Honestly i'd recommend a little carbed bike is what all new riders should start on, especially if they want to actually learn and do their own maintenance etc

It just keeps things incredibly simple.

>Fuel goes in here

>Air goes in there

>Explosion happens in there

>Exhaust comes out there

>buy carbed bike as first bike
>learn carb maintenance
>buy EFI bike as second bike
>knowledge is now useless

Knowledge is never useless.

Keihin FCR best carb ever

I meant for your second bike.

in this case, yes

Bs

Thoughts?

Husqvarna sm610 with 10k miles

Guy wants £1900

Are Husqvarna good?

looks amazing. and yes, husquarnas, while not easy and cheap to maintain, are very good bikes

But what about your third, or fourth, or fifth bike, or your old beater project bike, or a friends bike, or your kids bike, or your old muscle car you'll buy or the little old lady down the street still who has trouble with her beetle or your lawn mower or whipper snipper or chainsaw etc

I'm not saying it's mandatory, but it really doesn't hurt to know that sort of shit and learning it first hand wrenching on your own bike is a great way to go about it.

Aww yiss.

I'm torn between getting one like this or a classic bike like a Bonneville or Guzzi

Bought this piece of crap

>measuring DCV needs plugs in 10A and V(ohm)mA jacks
>measuring 10A doesn't work at all, won't bridge connection

I'm not going to ID that parasitic load this week am I

>husquarnas, while not easy and cheap to maintain, are very good bikes

"Yeah i put $2000 a year into my husqvarna and check oil every 2 hours and it's so reliable!"

>implying I have friends
>implying I'll ever wrench for other people

Piece of shit

Huskys are tiny too, only a midget could ride one

I mean these bikes have basically nothing in common. The supermoto is excellent for city cruising and supermotoing corners, and the retro bikes are a nice eye-catcher at the local starbucks, and nice for a bit longer daytrips. both options, however, are rubbish for long tours, just know that

I'd go for the supermoto though

that might be the case with the race bikes, but not their usual street bikes. they are rather high strung though, so they will need a bit more maintenance than your ninja 250

Guys, I want a new to me bike. I'm shooting for a mid 2000s R6 or CBR600rr. Stealerships have them between 4-5.5k in my area.

I'm 19, I have a full time job, and I have slightly below average credit, but that's just because I only have a low limit credit card and no other credit history. Murka.

How can I get a bike loan for 4-5.5k? I know I can get a car loan around that, but banks aren't as likely to give loans on 2 wheels apparently.

changed my fucked up brake lever and went for my first ride since i brought the bike home a week and a half ago.
i learned that the bulb lighting up my speedometer is shot (didn't see it in the daylight when I brought the bike home).
I also learned that I ride like a fucking pussy.
But I finally have my bike that I can ride whenever I want. Fuck yeah.

Is £1900 ($2500) too much to pay?

>I'm 19, I have a full time job

i don't really know how the market is in england, but here in germany, they're rather expensive. seems like a good deal, especially with that low miles

don't get killed user, what else is broken?

save 3 months and buy cash

nice color scheme

Nothing as far as i know. I have no bar ends and a single mirror though.
But I'll have to change that speedo bulb before riding too much at night.

Thoughts?

nah lad just take the supermoto

Cuckold hipster bike/10

daytona nigga

>fuck yeah

That's what it's all about.

You can disregard what I was saying, it was aimed more at those who actually make a modicum of effort in life, not apathetic cuck numales such as yourself.

Ditch the rearsets, put some proper bars and mirrors on there and it'd be sweet.