How often does Veeky Forums change their oil?

How often do you guys do it? Every 5k here.
My oil still looks clean/new and I got 150k on the clock

Jesus H Christ, how horrifying. How long do you have to put of an oil change to get those results?

Is that even salvageable?

just steam wash it.

Last oil change was nearly 8k miles ago or 7 months. I do think that I should change it soon.

5k. Inline with the severe duty schedule.

Oil 5k
Air Filter = Every other oil change
Fuel Filter = Every other oil change

>How often do you guys do it?
Every day

Once about every 45 days
Which is also about 5K miles

I have a Love/Hate relationship with I-70

>Fuel Filter = Every other oil change
is this really necessary at such a short interval?

Related question: my Elantra says to oil change every 7,500 miles in the manual (or every 12 months). But the salesman that sold me the vehicle reccomended every 5,500 miles or every 6 months.

Who should I listen to? Personally I would not let my oil stew in the car for up to a year without changing it

It's an elantra. It will be fine. Any detuned, unstressed engine will not care about oil changes.

5k for the truck and when i get the tires done twice a year for the shitbox

Sorry but what does detuned mean?

Nigga how in the fuck? What's you're math here? You drive 5500 miles in six months, then it takes you six months to drive the remaining 2k miles?

Personally I would even say 3000 for city driving. Oil is cheap enough and it's such a vital part of vehicle operation.

It's tuned to barely use any fuel/make much power. Small injectors, small throttle body, economy flowing head, et cetera

Basically an over engineered engine that's over engineered because it has to do fuck all and technology is cheap. It's a good thing, I guess. Reliable and such.

3500 miles, as per the severe driving schedule in the manual.

Book says every 5k on semi synthetic, im doing 10k on full synthetic and lots of highway miles. Gonna change it this weekend actually.

Depends on if you have a old car. Some tanks are filled with garbage, cheaper to do new fuel filters then just a new tank. Plus way less work.

Every year, so every 10k or so.

Car is 18 years old and on 210k. Runs perfectly. Was changed every 20k miles up until I got it 5 years ago.

Changing every 5k seems excessive, unless you are using shitty oil.

Don't ever take advice from a fucking salesman. You can change the oil as often as you'd like and use any oil you want depending on how much you love your car