Sup Veeky Forums, Britfag here

Sup Veeky Forums, Britfag here.

I have a budget of between £15-20k. Should I buy an E46 M3, or an E92 335i? Both would be manual, no SMG/DCT faggotry, and also I'm leaning to the 335i because the repair costs would be a little lower because no M tax.

Advice? I was tempted to stretch to £25-30k and get an E92 M3 but the repair costs would probably kill me eventually so that's very unlikely.

Advice? Opinions? Shitposts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m5/bmw-e61-m5-touring/5732720#&gid=1&pid=5
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604293459678?search-target=usedcars&make=bmw&model=m5&year-from=2005&year-to=2010&minimum-mileage=from_0_miles&maximum-mileage=up_to_60000_miles&postcode=rh121jt&sort=default&radius=1500&page=2&searchcontext=default&onesearchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't be a british nigger

go drifting with that budget

I have an S14 import for that m8

Twingo

Buy an s2k

you wont be able to afford maintenace on either with that budget

s2ks are half that, he can aim higher

Why not? Do they cost £1k for a set of front pads then?

two s2ks?

that's more like it

I want something bigger than 4-cyl, though.

Exactly, you'd have 8.

Also, OP, if your budget could potentially stretch to 30k, buy an 05-06 DB9. Sure, you won't have anywhere near the budget to maintain it, but at least you'll have a lovely piece of garage art.

LS swapped s2k duh

If I was gonna spent 30k on a car I couldn't afford to fix, I'd get an M5 Touring m8.

I wonder if the 335i is faster at this point

Good shout right there, m80. Touring is top taste.

It's faster off the line and in a straight line up to about 100mph, but the E46 will start to claw back the gap until they both hit the limiter. If the cars are required to turn at all, the E46 will destroy the 335i.
I'm actually surprised they're so cheap. Dat fucking V10 sound unf unf. Shame it's SMG, though.
pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m5/bmw-e61-m5-touring/5732720#&gid=1&pid=5
This one is just 20 miles from me.

>dat M5 touring
fucking amazing

Nigger I'm so fucking tempted to go look at it this weekend.

why is it SORN?

E46 is a better track car, E90 is the better DD. I cross shopped both, did extensive research and decided on the 335i for myself. Driving dynamics aside, the E46 M3's parts are still fucking expensive, things break constantly and it will not hold any value. The power is also a lot more accessible in the 335i whereas with the M3 you need to always be at 4k revs to move.

Both great cars either way

So the dealer doesn't have to keep paying tax for it. They have trade plates to use instead.

Here's another to whet your beak a little. This one is much nicer, in my opinion.

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604293459678?search-target=usedcars&make=bmw&model=m5&year-from=2005&year-to=2010&minimum-mileage=from_0_miles&maximum-mileage=up_to_60000_miles&postcode=rh121jt&sort=default&radius=1500&page=2&searchcontext=default&onesearchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=6

I know a bunch of guys who owned E46's and some went to E92's and they all agree that DD the E46 is a much more comfortable and enjoyable DD.

Maybe that's because they did not have the M3 but like for like in the model range the E46 is a superior car on the road.

Spend the extra time to sort your finances and get an e92/93 m3. You wont regret it

>m3
>4k revs to move
Confirmed for never driven an m3

>and they all agree that DD the E46 is a much more comfortable and enjoyable DD.
I've read the exact opposite on various BMW forums from people who went from an E46 to E90, from what I gathered the E90 was preferred. We probably won't come to an agreement from a pointless argument resulting from this since we're just relaying what other people have said anyway.

As I also cross-shopped/test drove an M3 and really didn't like it. It had the same issue as the E46 where you're not going to budge at low revs which in normal driving conditions was more obnoxious than fun.

Confirmed for never driving a car with low-end torque

Are you talking stop start traffic or what?

I have no issues comfortably pulling my E93 away in either stop start traffic, normal flow or fast whatever.

Granted you dont get the full power untill 4k plus, but why would you need that for normal driving?

I think it's just modernturbofags whining about NA high-revving engines having notorks because they don't like having to work hard to get any thrust when they press the go pedal.

I could afford to buy one just fine, but the servicing and repairs would probably be very beyond me as a day-to-day machine. At least the E46 M3's costs are much lower now. Still "expensive" but within my means.

Bump

>no SMG/DCT faggotry
confirmed shitpost
sage

>autotragicfag
Lmao kill yourself

bump

I can't recommend the e92, for a couple reasons:
1. Elliott had one, you'll never score if you have it
2. No dipstick
3. Modern BMW ''''quality'''', so it doesn't feel like a driver's car
Ultimately, it's your choice OP.

I'm debating between the two right now as well OP, looking for a daily.

What I came up from reading forums is that the 335i is also supposedly expensive to own as well, with things like the injectors being replaced costing over $800, and problems with the turbos, and more. I know the E46 M3 has problems with the cracking subframe, vanos, rod bearings, and shit cooling system.

The 335i can be a powerhouse if you buy the mods and make it a really fast car. The E46 M3 really can't do that unless you go turbo or supercharge it.

Ignoring the memes of "lol no dipstick in 335i" and """""""muh driving feel in E46 M3 god machine work of art""""""", really you're best option is think about what works best for you, and most important, test drive each one and see which one you like better.

Hope this helps.

Get an M2

>Choosing between a nigger car and a nigger car.

You chose the nigger brand anyway, it literally doesn't matter.

BMW isn't a nigger brand in the UK, family. Different stereotypes apply across the pond.

>paying 47k for a 2-series