Pic unrelated

Pic unrelated

I have a budget of about 10k and know next to nothing about cars.

Have been looking around and i kinda like the feel of the Kia Soul 2012.

Is there anything terrible about vehicle or frequent problems worth mentioning?

Kijiji shows a few in my area at roughly 150 000 k/m

Am in canada.

Any advice would be greately appreciated

>Kia

No, buy a Honda Fit or something.

Shut up and buy a civic for 3k.

10k for a 5 year old used Kia is too much when you can get a 2017 forte for 15k. They're going to need serious work around the 150k mark, especially if they were neglected.

Not trying to defend kia but what car won't need major repairs by 150k? Timing belt/chain if oil wasn't changed religiously, suspension rebuild

Thank you all for the swift response.

There is clearly a low opinion of the Kia.

Would anyone care to explain why it sucks so much?

Every car will regardless of the manufacturer. Is it worth sinking a bunch into a vehicle that won't be worth anything in a few years though? It kinda makes more sense to lease a Kia.

Kia's and Hyundai's are fine when they're new. But they're definitely not built to last.

When you are driving a KIA do you imagine dicks slapping your face ever so gently?

Its not that its that bad. Any car with 150k is going to need some serious work. Its just not worth $10k for a car that is going to need hundreds in work soon.

No. I just realy like the field of view.

Been driving a car with horrid visibility and massive blind spots. The ten minutes i spent with the kia was quite nice.

If you want a larger car like the Soul, that isn't a Soul...

Mazdaspeed3 hatchback's around 10k easy. 260hp, manual 6 speed, lots of room, sleeper doesn't look very fast. I'm considering one.

More interested in being a 4 door with good visability than size. Though size is good. Been in about 20 cars today trying to find one i like the feel of.

I really liked the kia's visability. No blind spots.

What's up with all this visibility?

Current car is nice but cant see shit.

Kia seems nice and I can see lots of shit.

I like that.

But I don't know shit which is the reason for thread.

So did some Google and it seems that the best years are the tens and elevens with the 2016 being really nice.

I think there is a 2011 nearish at 130km and somthing like 7000.

Is there nothing notably negative beyond not ageing well?

they look shit. get an audi a3 sportback

You haven't really explained why your want one or for what purposes you'll be using your vehicle.

As for an old Kia, I don't know why you would. My wife has had two Souls (one she totalled) & they're fine cars, but there's no real value to them. Its kinda like owning a Taurus pistol. Its a cheap pistol, it'll shoot, it'll defend you, but at the end of the day its just a Taurus.

Besides, $10k (or even half that) in cash opens you up to a hell of a lot of cool older cars & trucks that'll hold their value & need little to no work at all.

A lot of the newer cars have this weird sloped roof thing that bugs the hell out of me. Even when I adjust the hell out of the seat the roof/windshield is too far ahead for my liking.

Car is intended for a fair bit of too and from city driving with the odd bit on the highway.

Like I said. Not a car guy. Dont know shit.

But I spent the better part of yesterday going to various dealerships used and new and the only one that didnt have that stupid lip on the roof was the Kia.

Have spent years bouncing from thousand dollar old 90's car to old 90's car.

Old 90's cars work but they keep falling apart. I was sort of hoping to have a car that didnt have the exhaust system half fall off in the first 6 months (has happend with last 5 cars)

So buy a clean car that has been garaged and/or not driven in winter. Assuming it falls off because of rust.

Hyundai (kia plus) owner. They are reliable and easy to maintain. Dont fall for the meme.

Watch out for the 80,000mi mark and make sure the AC has been recently checked. That goes for every car actually. But as far as the soul goes, make sure a kid didn't own it. They are known to take farm truck lecels of abuse.