>talk about Fords
>ask Ford related questions
>give Ford related answers
>provide feedback on how to improve the /bog/ OP
>ignore memespouting sewageposters who don't own cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ar5xnWBYjiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess we can start by posting our Ferds, so here is my 2016 FiST. While were at it, say 3 things you like about your car, and 3 things you dislike.

>Recaros are comfy af and hold you in well
>corners like it's on rails, and rotates in ways FWD cars shouldn't
>never have to take key out of my pocket, and it's small enough that I won't notice it

>SYNC is bad at auto-adjusting brightness
>warning chimes can't seem to be shut up permanently
>1-to-2 gear shift just feels slightly wrong, maybe an RMM would fix this?

Happy with it so far, can't wait to Mountune it

Considering how much VW quality suffered when they went to Mexico, how badly will Fords suffer when they make the move?

>Ford moving small car production to Mexico.

RIP

Is the FiST the closest thing to a modern day EG hatch? The dimensions aside from height are nearly identical

how do I get a job like these dudes or the Roadkill duo, just dicking around and driving cars?

The fusion is already made in mexico.

I don't think the quality control can get any worse, Ford's American plants have had plenty of QC fuck ups. Just look at the panel gaps on the S550 mustangs.

It's turbo instead of NA. It's torsion bar instead of double wishbone. It's torque vectoring instead of... not. Probably won't drive like an EG hatch because of those raisins. Still a very fun car though.

My 2015 gt on going project
The good
>that exhaust note from the x pipe and roush tips
>shifting feels like sex after the clutch spring and blowfish bracket + short throw
>overall comfy as shit on long drives and feels great on curvy roads

The bad
>3.31 gears feel slow when trying to take off quietly
>it's pig ass heavy and I don't want to sacrifice comfort really
>it isn't boosted yet

Pretty damn happy so far, get a ton of complements everywhere I go.

Read their resumés.
Be better than them.
durkadurr

FiST, FoST or FusTi?

Not mine picture tho, same everything from 2001. But mine is severly weathered.

Runs well, engine pulls well, tranny was slipping but nothing more tran fluid wont fix. Water leaks in tho.

Fusion Titanium? That won't be fun like the other two.

Fusion Sport on the other hand? They won't come in manual, but 325hp and 380lb-ft is obviously pretty fucking quick. "Sport trim" actually means something to Ford, so I bet the suspension got an upgrade too.

New 2016 XLT Tejas Edition

Good
>Very smooth ride and comfortable seats
>Pretty quick for the size, about 6 second 0-60
>Absurdly cheap for what I got, comes with all the bells and whistles I would want

Bad
>The grille is pretty ugly
>Rear legroom is a big cramped, but still on-par with my Camry
>Gas mileage is pretty shitty with the 5.0

I'm quickly getting used to it, the turning radius is nowhere nearly as bad as I'd thought, and parking it is pretty easy. Most places have small parking spaces, so I just fold my mirrors in as a courtesy to others whenever I park.

I guess I need to add more details.
Same year, Same Price, Similar mileage.
Over 30 male.

Uploaded the cropped picture, whoops.

>. "Sport trim" actually means something to Ford, so I bet the suspension got an upgrade too.

I'd consider Magnaride a pretty good "upgrade" in regards to the suspension.

When is Ford going to make an F-100/Ranger with a 2.7L Ecoboob? That'd be fucking awesome.

My warrant officer let me borrow his 2016 F-150 crew cab to help with a tasking, and while I'm not experienced with trucks, I don't know how you could consider that back seat to be cramped. I had lots of room to stretch out my legs, and we were able to fit 4 full size adults across. Found it really fucking nice in general actually.

It's an extended cab with the rear suicide doors, not a crew.

The Crew Cab has infinite room, but I rarely use the back seats so it's not much an issue.

Whoops I'm retarded

What is the Tejas edition? These trucks seem to have limitless special editions.

no es bueno

Japanese and Korean cars are more American made, than American cars are.

Don't worry though. Once Trump is president, the Wall will be built and the jobs will come back.

It's pretty much a fully-loaded XLT model with a different appearance package.

Changes the grille from the normal plastic one, changes the wheels, fully-painting the bumpers, etc. Also adds a step, 302A package (power seats, center console, full Sync3, heated seats, remote start, towing package), and a bunch of little goodies.

It also just adds a shiny "TEXAS EDITION" badge on the back so you know it's marketed towards Texans.

I'm quite happy with it, I'm getting the bed sprayed and I'm just waiting on a tonneau cover to arrive at the dealership. Eventually I plan to add the adjustable leather seats if my butt problems get bad, but the cloth works for now. Not bad for $28k.

I'm real glad I got the long bed. I'm still getting used to the bed length, but there's so much room in the back. It'll be great once I'm fixed and go camping/hunting again.

>the jobs will come back.

Or the cars won't.

>once I'm fixed

What's this about?

Told it a thousand times, I have a really bad case of pilonidal cysts and nerve damage, so every time they get removed they just come back. Doctors think I have a rare sacral bone infection, so they're sending bone samples off to Baylor. In the meantime I'm just having a surgery every week or two to get build-up tissue removed and get occasional nerve blocks done.

Sucks, but hey I got a sweet fucking truck out of it. Granted it's the first thing that was super comfortable to drive and get in/out of that wasn't $50k or more, but it beats having to buy a crossover.

>we will keep the factories and the mustangs

sharters BTFO

Not to be rude of course.

Sounds like ouch.
Good luck with that.

Sounds like a rough go, best of luck to you

Good choice on not getting a crossover

I finally spotted a Focus RS in the wild over the weekend and I nearly broke my neck trying to get a better look. Unfortunately he was waiting to turn out of a parking lot and go the opposite direction of myself in the middle of a colossal clusterfuck of a construction zone. By the time I got turned around he was long gone. It was stealth gray and looked like an average guy in his late 30's or early 40's.

The fentanyl helps of course but I'd rather not be stuck on opioids at 21 years old.

Thanks, I wouldn't have much use for one anyways. While the truck is mainly a road truck, I have a lot of things planned for the future that a crossover wouldn't be able to.

There is some guy here in Trenton that has an F-150 with one of those F O R D grilles, modified to say D O O D. It looks completely OEM, hopefully I can find it and take a pic.

>rather not be stuck on opioids at 21 years old.

Only the fun ones.

I'm not really a car enthusiast but am considering getting a Focus ST over the standard model.

Would an ST be more expensive to maintain? Is reliability an issue down the road?

The main reason Ford doesn't do well in reliability reports is, besides little shit like SYNC glitches or whatever, is their automatic transmissions. But you can't get an ST in automatic, so uh, problem solved.

Lots of warrantied performance parts you can buy for it too.

Tfw My ford was made in Canada

Why was the God Machine given skinny front tires?

It has 325 width Cup 2's in the rear as expected, but only 245's in the front. Most track cars are given fat fronts to reduce understeer, like the Z28 with 305's.

Spy shots of the next Ford commercial van.

hecho en mexico.

The front kinda gave me that old Ford truck vibe, with I like personally. Nice truck by the way, thinking about ditching my ol' Chevrolet and go for something like yours.

>tfw own a total performance era ford
my 22.9 second time slip proves there is nothing total performance about this truck. still love it to the moon and back though

Bump

My biggest gripe with Ford is their refusal to bring the Falcon over, and will instead kill it to replace it with the mustang. I want my fetish for hot-sedans catered to!

The 918 has small fronts too

So I genuinely believe that Ford is the best car manufacturer available in the U.S. right now. It feels like they put love into each branch of their cars; sedans, hatchbacks, pick-ups, SUVs, and of course Ford's love for the Mustang.

They didn't take bailouts when GM fucked up big time. Ford makes boiracer trims of their hatchbacks and Mustangs have the most eco for your boost. They also give discounts to college students and all that jazz, and generally speaking Ford reliability is at a pretty good spot compared to American manufacturers 15 years ago. Feels like Ford genuinely cares about its consumers and listens to their feedback.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

1976 Mustang II Ghia. Let the laughter commence.

I dont hate the 70's mustang. no matter whats under the hood or the general design shift

I like the design

postin my blue oval

that's a knockoff grille. they come saying DOOD because they can't legally put FORD on them but most people buy the Ford lettering and change it out.

As someone who mountuned a focus st.. toured really not getting much more for what you're paying. Treadstone diy fmic and an accessport with a custom time will have you just as fast as a 'stage 3' st.

Don't fall for the meme and save your money. If you're he'll bent on spending on this car just throw a bigger turbo on it and be done.

This is Ferd thread, faggot

>Implying it wont get derailed

Ford sucks deal with it

>gm fangirls believe this

Current plans are to get Mountune warrantied bolt-ons and MP215 during my 3 year warranty period. After that, get an X-37 hybrid turbo and get a custom tune from Stratified. Should be good for the 270whp I am aiming for.

Goodluck nigga. Just bought an '11 Fiesta s hatchback for 5k. Going to end up throwing a 2.0l eb in it. Some guy in Bongland did this. Many torx

no you're not, you're going to do absolutely nothing with it because if you knew shit about shit you wouldn't have bought a base model Fiesta to begin with. faggot.

I know, right? It's classy and unique.

Someone should swap a Coyote/Modular in with no chassis bracing and see how it does.

I just want to see the 2018 Focus ST already. I have had enough fun with my Mustang GT to now head over to the hot hatch life.

A few questions for you
>Performance package?
>Premium or base?
>New or used?
>how much did you pay?
Looks mean user, grats

Thanks user.

Decided to go premium because I drove a pp and felt like I'd be replacing almost everything it adds anyhow. Wouldn't mind the pp's bigger brakes but pads rotors + fluid will probably be plenty. I've pretty happy with the suspension mods so far.

It was new, 38k sticker. Took 4500 off with incentives and financed 23k after my trade on a 0 percent interest loan, I'm happy with the deal.

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply

Taurus SHO with minor bolt ons is about 500hp. Doesn't look too bad for a sedan either.

youtube.com/watch?v=ar5xnWBYjiw

I have an 01 expedition with the 4.6L. The engine calls for 5w-20 oil but I live in Nevada where the summers are 115 degrees and the winters are around 60 degrees. The engine also has over 160k, was using 10w-30 for oil change a bad idea?