Worthwhile purchase? Or overhyped and unreliable money-pit?

Worthwhile purchase? Or overhyped and unreliable money-pit?

buy an evo 8 instead

1. you can still buy an evo x with a warranty
2. evo 8's are all beat to shit or modified

good purchase for a race car, not so much for a dd

Get an Evo 8/9 if you want a proper modern Evo. Otherwise, the Focus RS is vastly superior in almost every metric

It's a great car and girls love it

Fast, good looking, seats 4,

Only issues
Gas and insurance

it also costs $15k more and doesn't come with a DCT

as much as Veeky Forums hates to hear it, the automatic is a selling point for me

Its a pretty good car, I'd buy a X Final Edition over a Focus RS. More reliable and "proven technology".

Will also take power far easily than any other Turbo AWD car except for maybe the Golf R (which feels too refined/mature for its own good).

Why not a Charger R/T Scat Pack? Get something auto only if you need the automatic that bad.

600-700 lbs difference, only RWD, dodge interior

i spend a lot of time on windy roads (pic related) and something with a short wheelbase, AWD, and big brakes is preferred for hairpins and steep inclines/declines

the only issues i've heard have been with the 5 speed, and the turbo has issues with tunes, and the paint is crap so use lots of wax early on. but maybe there was a poster on Veeky Forums with some nuggets of wisdom

oh no, steep hills and tight turns. you definitely need awd for that!

you do when the road is covered in snow and traffic is blocked off because a corvette can't make it up a hill

Bump

What you want is a 4C. But seriously, how retarded are you that you can't manage to operate a proper transmission?

Both.

Can make stupid amounts of power easily, handles well, but if you fuck it up you've fucked it up and immediately blame the manufacturer.

If you just want something for highway pulls and stoplight racing get a V8.

RS comes loaded with more pointless tech and more issues. RS 4WD system is still dumber.

The DCT automatic can't take the same sort of beating as the 5spd manual. Bear in mind if you do want to modify it.

>the only issues i've heard have been with the 5 speed
Must be the other way around, m8. The GSR tranny is bulletproof.

I owned a fucking 'proper' transmission for years and it sucks to constantly worry about synchros and clutch wear and downshifting when the transmission costs $2000 to replace. My foot slipped off the clutch once and it cost me a $300 flywheel

Fuck manual transmission. It'll be nice to see it relegated to the dark.

And I don't live anywhere near a stoplight worth racing from. It's all windy mountain roads.

Autism

Get good

If you have been driving stick for years you don't think about that shit. It's muscle memory at that point. Sounds like you grenaded your flywheel with a rookie mistake.

what a spazz lmao

No instead you have to worry about the mech unit, the clutches going sooner because the overall surface area of the plates' friction material is around 2/3 of that of a manual clutch, changing its oil more often, and the release bearing and seals being twice as expensive to replace. DCT trannies are no more reliable, but goddam do they cost more to repair.

>american