So the standard thing about most cars is that they're heavily marketed to men, right? "Muscle" cars, "sports" cars, etc...

So the standard thing about most cars is that they're heavily marketed to men, right? "Muscle" cars, "sports" cars, etc, where the automaker associates the car with exclusively masculine things.

Have there been any cars marketed and designed for women specifically?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCbuMIDcAYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9i8857WvWyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=V9s2arwF44A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women shouldn't drive.

Mazda Miata?

Anything Fiat

any VW Beetle 98 and up.

Prius.

Miata.

all of those big crossover SUV's are targeted at women, and it works because men know they're fucking stupid.

Ever seen a man driving a Ford Edge or a Volks Tiguan? No? Me fucking either.

The majority of miatas I see are driven by men

I thought the beetle was a throwback car to the 1940s beetle? and the prius seems to be a generic shitbox driven by mileage-obsessed people

Not the year you're looking for and I can't find the video or remember the company, it was american, they had some chauvinistic kind of commercial on a "car for her" but it was essentially just one of their models with a few changes. Not built from scratch. let me go find it.

Muscle cars and sports cars are a tiny slice of the car market. Even trucks are a small chunk when it comes to consumer vehicles.

Women hold most of the purchasing power in the US, and automakers have responded accordingly. Furthermore, women are more likely to opt for new cars than men are.

Most new cars are marketed to women now. Look at the advertising- focused on luxury, safety, gadgetry and other fluff, and maybe some note of reliability. Practicality/utility and performance are de-emphasized outside of those small "man-centric" segments.

Women are the reason shitty impractical crossovers, retardedly small "sedans", and all sorts of other stupidity are taking over the industry.

Most small vehicles
>Miata
>Smart
>Prius
>Fiat 500
>VW Beetle
also in a complete 180
>SUVs

automatics
Minivan (US versions)

it goes beyond the cars themselves, look at liberty mutual commercials
>"oh tee hee you like cars in any remote way, you must ignore everything else in like and crash it all the time! I'm soooo smart that I got shitty insurance for my Toyota wheeled appliance, good thing women have better rates than men, when I crash my car while texting I can pay less!"

Most cars are unisex, family SUV, family sedan, crossover, small car

This isn't the one I was looking for but it's similar

youtube.com/watch?v=kCbuMIDcAYQ

Original Ford mustang

>Getting a car with an adjustable seat or remote control windows was considered womanly

What savage times.

My favorite part of old car commercials is how they read like modern day internet scams where they don't tell you about the car's specifics and just say things about how great it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=9i8857WvWyQ

>Hi I'm the spokesperson representing your local branch and I will never meet you
>We know nowadays that SMART PEOPLE buy this car.
>Just 15 minutes inside will change your opinion on cars forever
>It is the BEST car brand

Way back in the day the automatic trans. was introduced to appeal to women.

a super lib effeminate guy i work with drives a tiguan, but i'm convinced those types of guys are only men in the most anatomical sense

The only cars I see that are heavily marketed towards men are pickup trucks. They usually have a man narrating them in a hilariously deep voice and talk as if Each. Word. Ends. In. A. Period.

I have never seen a car marketed primarily towards women. Most ads are unisex.

I've found most SUVS / crossovers are marketed / made for women, trucks for men and cars are unisex.

Can you site any examples?

>Most ads are unisex.

so you never took any psychology classes in college

Basically every car that doesn't cost twice as much as your house

>saves more fuel!
>less emissions!
>safer! heavier, worse handling, more detachment from the experience, but, SAFER!
>now with comfier seats!
>friendlier styling!
>more space for groceries!
>hands free calling, smartphone integration!

God it feels horrible to be a financially independent male. The "glorious" free market fucking hates me.

>Even trucks are a small chunk when it comes to consumer vehicles.

trucks make up the majority
also
>safety
>"fluff"

say that when you have a steering wheel in your frontal lobe you cock smoking faggot

anything you think is marketing to families or "reasonable adults" is actually marketing towards women and their husbands that will do anything for guaranteed (hopefully) AIDS-free sex every night

women want trunk space. PADDED trunk space. for groceries.
men will take the pickup bed and the tarp, you can fit more in it. just put the eggs in the backseat and make the kids hold them, it's no big deal. leg room? they can complain when they have their own cars.

>buying new

range rover
jeep

If you're buying new you're buying marketed to women

If you're buying used there is no marketing department trying to play up the luxury commuting features for "chore drivers", aka women. Men are the only sex that routinely makes a morning commute into a risky thrill ride.

>honey, why would we buy a used car when we could afford a new one?! who knows what kind of problems a used car could have!

Volvo YCC - Your Concept Car. It was designed specifically to cater to female drivers.
> there was no hood, that is, no access panel permitting access to the car’s engine. Engine maintenance required taking out the whole front end of the car body, preferably in some establishment with the required space and equipment
What a surprise

Supposedly the Ford Ka was originally designed by a woman to appeal to women.
I don't think it was outright marketed as such however.

kia soul

SWEDEN

YES

It also had some shitty "powerful yet efficient" pussy pedal eco friendly cuck motor. "cruelty free" and easy to wash/like a shitty kitchen in a magazine interior, very light electric power steering, sloshy suspension for a "comfortable ride", it looks really gay and is bland, vapid, tasteless smug liberal "future" bullshit. Costed a gorillion shekels to make, but it didn't hurt the environment.

I would have thought that it was too faggy and even modern westernized women would pass it up for being a cuck-mobile. But it apparently had "very high praise", which is why it's the best selling car ev- oh wait it never came to production.

Are you implying men don't want to have a car best fit for their family, or that they can't be "reasonable adults"?

I'm a man and I want trunk space, ideally with some kind of cargo organization and a rubberized floor so things don't slide around. I also want leg room so both me and the person sitting behind me can be comfortable.

Every individual person has their own unique wants. It doesn't matter what sex, ethnicity, or sexual preference someone has. We are all unique people.

>Unisex

You're not paying attention. Purchasing power doesn't mean that women are necessarily the only ones who end up driving the cars- they just hold a lot of influence in the purchasing decision. A great many cars are family cars, of course.

In other words, car advertising generally has to appeal to women's sensibilities to be successful, but that doesn't mean they want to overtly market the cars to women- that will chase men away, and they need men to buy the cars too. (Men drive more, after all.)

>trucks make up the majority
I suppose I could have been clearer- pickup trucks are a small (but significant) chunk. "Light trucks" do indeed comprise a majority of new car sales, but that category also includes SUVs, (mini)vans, crossovers, and other vehicles that are not pickup trucks.

>say that when you have a steering wheel in your frontal lobe
Who cares? No one depends on me, I can make my own decisions without having to "reason" with a female.

This
Also base model automatic corvette

Small city cars.
Ever notice how the only cars you can buy in a bright, fun color are these little things?

I vaguely remember a add in a 50s womens magazine advertising a matching purse with a pink Belair...

Mustangs used to be solely marketed to women

yep

just look at all the cargo space!

The same thing happened with old spice back in the day

Mustangs used to be cars for women

As well as
>god-awful blindspots, but backup cameras!
>lane assistance to make sure you can drive while impared!
>automated distance maintainer at a stop light because creeping is for people and not cars!

bruh the beetle. before they did the refresh a few years back like 90% of owners were women

Why are social justice warriors targeting things barely relevant to their bullshit like cars? If you like a car you buy it. Who the fuck cares what gender you are?

Beetle, Mustang, Miata...
Not too hard OP. You even trying you lil' faggot?

>mfw nobody mentioned mini cooper yet

Or are they not gay anymore?

Original mustangs were still good looking cars regardless how they marketed them. It's not like the car itself looks particularly feminine, like a miata. One of the best looking cars out of the 60s IMO.

*best looking womens car

ftfy

>womens car

The mustang was supposed to appeal to everyone.

That was the theory, but it's not the result.

Haha no, good thing I didn't, I actually have a job after graduating

Its the features like hands free hatch opening with your foot.
Standard heated steering wheel, car data plans for kids..etc

Those types of things are targeting women specifically. They even have women raving in the commercials about them many times.
And many times those simple things end up being the deciding factor.
Reliability is hardly considered these days.

Men typically don't get swayed by these weird " features".

AaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
YOU FUCKING DUCK, SHUT UP, I HATE WOMEN

like a beatle

>Reliability is hardly considered these days.
Because a lot of people lease, and they just get a new car when the lease is up.

You don't have to feed him replies, he's attempting to bait presumably from sour grapes.

No because vehicles are an appliance, if it looks fancy who cares.
That's why German luxury vehicles become valueless off warranty.
>Mercedes

Most cars these days are marketed towards women in their mid to late 30's. They have the most spending power. Good job, cucks.

I'm saying it's uncommon and that our society's idea of a reasonable adult is either geriatric or female, so the end resutl is all these "resonable commuters" are most preferred by old farts and women. The average man has different priorities. The average woman has different priorities. This is especially apparent since the average man ends up with his own car, usually a truck, and is married at or past 25 so insurance ends up affordable. Drive down any upper-lower or upper class street in the US and everyone has two cars.

Men who take a little more pride in the experience of their passengers are not a common breed, unless they're racecar drivers showing off how smoothly they can take corners. Women who want their kids to be happy, comfortable, and quiet 24/7 are basically standard. However, men WANT their priorities. Women are closer to actually needing them. If you're a manufacturer, whose priorities would you start sacrificing first when attempting a unisex car instead of a seperate mom car and dude car?

>buying a V6 Mustang
>calling her own son a pussy
Fuck this fat cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=V9s2arwF44A

Nissan 240sx, it was marketed toward older single women.

Because women don't know what they want.

Doesn't look very good for running people over with

I don't know enough about initial d to know if there's a joke in there but my gut says yes

That's the boss. I hope you don't think that a v6 mustang appeals to men. V6 mustang is a womans car and a Boss is for men.

LS swap time?

Not sure if bait, but psychology isn't that bad of a field from what I can see.

Of course, I would expect most psych professors to be SJW cancer (but psychology could easily go both ways).

This, women make the biggest purchasing decisions on average. Most car ads show something like a mom taking kids to school and talk about safety and practicality, all of those are marketed towards women.

On the other hand miatas are marketed on muh driving feels etc and therefore towards men, even if the car itself looks a bit girly.

Wasn't the Eagle Talon?

Some "men" get the v6

A rustbucket

Let's not forget Nissan and all their shitty MPVs.
Yuke, Rogue, Murano, the new Pathfinder. Not to mention all the Gross Infinity MPVs.
Designed by fat-middle aged women for fat-middle age women.
If you're a guy who owns a Nissan. Kill yourselves

I read that Each. Word. Ends. in the Chevy Commercial voice fuck you.

Most cars are sedans, SUVs, and minivans that are marketed towards women. Sportscars and muscle cars are a tiny fraction of all vehicle sales.

in 1955 dodge made a car called the LeFemme that was marketed towards women. it flopped bigtime.

>Every individual person has their own unique wants. It doesn't matter what sex, ethnicity, or sexual preference someone has. We are all unique people.

You realize we're talking about marketing here, right?

Best one yet. This was legitimately designed just for women

>Kia Soul
>VW New Beetle

This and every version of it that has ever existed is the ultimate "Womans Car"

The "Pussy pusher" "Grocery Getter" "Soccer Mom mobile"

Or this for women that can't keep their damn legs closed and have a brood of spawnlings

>used to be

>Its the features like hands free hatch opening with your foot.
Standard heated steering wheel

Those are both really cool and useful. I don't see how those are specifically targeting women.

Where are you getting these averages from? Most men and women I know share similar priorities.