Thoughts on this 66 el camino?
gatewayclassiccars.com/houston/1966/chevrolet/el-camino-S309.html

Going to go see it Friday.
Thoughts on mpg for a daily?

Looks sexy as fuck at a decent price.
You'd probably get 9-11 mpg city driving of you're lucky

thats what you get for purchasing the inferior F body

What would the superior one be?

That the gas station from the /hou/ meet?

What do I need to know about Weber DCOEs? Do they even have chokes?

Looks fantastic desu
>straight body w/ good paint
>decent wheels
>power discs all around
>383 stroker

Only cons I can see
>that fucking touchscreen
>the stain on the seat
>the dent in the tailgate

That's a fucking cool street car, the stance is perfect too.

Thoughts of this fiero formula

And fiero formulas in general

fierostore.com/ForSale/Detail.aspx

Hm that link went to the wrong one

fierostore.com/ForSale/Listings.aspx

The black 88 formula in Connecticut, 3rd from the bottom

Anybody ever spot one of these abominations on the road?

No, those are all either rotting in a field or few and far between

>Pissed off a biker this morning because my exhaust was louder

>working on my Celica
>Think I had to replace the fuel pump, I don't.
>shut hood down, car alarm went off
>mfw
I would've worked on it yesterday if I wasn't so lazy.

That thing is beautiful

Everywhere else i look i see people saying they get high teens if not 20mpg cause of the od transmission.

Thoughts?

u kno it bb

What the fuck is that thing behind the Mustang badge?

The only mustang II ive seen that even remotely looks good has a lot $$$ thrown at it. Id suggest moving on to another unpopular classic. Even a pinto/gremlin is cooler than that thing.

1976 Ford Mustang II Ghia

I didnt even see the touch screen.... gag.
Idk what dent youre talking about? the bed is kinda beat but thats fine.

In terms of style, though, it looks better than a foxbody.

Looks comfy af

Thats very debatable... and i hate fox bodies.

Come on, this has a much better profile that the foxbodies. It's classic looking (incredibly 70s, though), and has a similar sex appeal and styling to the '65.

Pos/10

Uh whatever you need to tell yourself buddy

see filename, you can do better for just as cheap

20mpg highway I could see but there's no way in hell you're getting that in a city

You can see the dent at around 1:36 in the video, driver's side of the rear

Maybe get 500 knocked down just for that

bump with sexiness

what a piece of shit

here's your (You)

>Being this much of a cunt

truth hurts sometimes

>this cucked in his childhood that he doesn't like bumpsides or dentsides.

if anyone was curious as to what ethanol does to a steel fuel tank after it's been sitting for awhile...

This fucker was a brand new with less than a thousand miles on it. I had a severe bogging issue and the only thing I hadn't eliminated was the carb.

Well here it is.

Yes, Ethanol is 100% garbage to anything with a carb and ruins the shelf life of gas

You nigger. I'm supposed to be the galaxiefag in these threads.

Stop stealing the attention, god dammit.

>ethanol
E10 or e85. shit's turrible though.

These things are beautiful. Mine's close to running condition.

e10, Considering just paying more and going out of my way stopping at the only gas station in town that sells ethanol free gas.

Next thing I gotta do is make an oil catch can for the blow by filter. I don't wanna have to clean up under the hood every time I open the secondaries.

any recent updated pictures?

>tfw need to install new heater core this weekend

you know if I need to run the heater hose through the holes in the firewall before I put the blower back in place?

Do the heater core pipes not poke out of the firewall?

Summers almost over, Business should start picking up, which means money. which means

PAINT JOB

I don't know, this is what it looks like atm in the left side of this picture.

Looks like that's a no on putting hose through the fire wall, the nubs sticking out are the core pipes

I don't have any recent pictures yet so have a picture of the motor out of it from a while ago.

noice. I am really happy, I found my 80 degree adapter for my impact driver so I can do the whole thing without using a ratchet, hopefully.

Dat corporate blue though. What is it? I can't put my finger on it.

What is the best G-body

What is the worst

I don't imagine it should take too long, as there isn't a ton of dash in the way.
Took me 7 hours from start to finish on my Thunderbird.
Then there's my Lincoln where the Heater core is in the engine bay, with a cover over it. Takes maybe 30 minutes

looks like a big block

what intake is that?

At O'Reilly's it was called "Old Ford Blue"

I should have phrased that more gooder. What engine is that?

Edelbrock performer 400

I'd wager it's an Edelbrock Performer RPM

all there is in the way is some ducting, the giant yet terribly weak blower, and I think a panel maybe.

how much did you spend on the whole engine build and what did you do? I want to take a 5.0 out of a 96 explorer and throw a bigger cam, that intake, some form of ignition and a 450cfm carb in there. Also upgraded rockers and springs

I spent about $3,000 all said and done for everything related to swapping it in. Which includes the radiator, new fuel system, trans, and of course the motor.

That's now a 302, though. That's a 400.

Tmeyer kb2347 pistons
Stock heads
comp cams 265DEH grind
above mentioned manifold
600cfm edelbrock carb
High volume oil pump

Should be getting close to 9.5:1 c/r with these new head gaskets, which in hind sight I really should have waited a bit and saved up for aftermarket heads. I can barely advance the timing at all before it pings.

And when you build an engine and see the option for a high volume oil pump, don't even fucking think about it.

I get to 60 from a standstill in the high 7's / low 8's. So I'm guessing around 300hp. Which is really fucking sad. I really shouldn't have went with stock smog heads.

>all that stuff
>smog heads
bruh

is it a 400m? also yeah dude even GT40s are a huge improvement over the stock smogger heads.

why are you saying that about the oil pump?

Yeah, originally a 351m, I stuck a 400 crank in there and those pistons.

why not go with a high volume pump? because my train of thought was "oh this engine is known for oil starvation issues? I'LL FLOW ALL THE OIL TO EVERYTHING"

High volume oil pumps have been known to blow all sorts of gaskets(pic so fucking related) including and not limited to blowing oil filters, Run the oil pan completely dry on high RPM runs lasting longer than 5 seconds, and have excessively high cold start pressures.

On a cold start my oil is at 80 PSI at 500rpm, and it takes a good 10 minutes for it to settle down to around 50, and when I finally start driving it it'll finally settle down to 20 psi at idle. I still get around 60 at 2,000rpm on the highway.

Oh, it's a 460. Came out of a camper and has 30k original miles on it. C-6 transmission that matches it. (pic is truck when I first got it)

they're also known for completely shearing the distributor / pump shaft in half. I haven't had that problem (yet) though. I've heard it generally only happens with thicker oil and in colder climates. I run 5w-30 and live in the tropical swamp climate of tennessee.

aww shit nigga, I thought those valve cover shapes looked familiar. Wanna give a parts list and about how much torque and HP you think you'll get out of it? I've got one right here I'm going to build for my maverick.

on that note...

summitracing.com/parts/wnd-1993/questionsanswers/

>no dual spreadbore tunnel ram intakes for 460
>not being able to sustain whiplash when the gigantically proportioned secondaries open up
>not being able to hit the brown note due to two quadrajets opening simultaneously

It is a sad day.

Old ford engines are green or black though

How old we talking here? My 73 F100's 360FE was originally blue

Model A and flathead V8s are green

See
Model T and earlier fords (A, B, C, F, K, N, R, S) were black

Fuck you, I'm a Custom 500 fag, get out of here with your heavy factory extras.

All those acres of space.
Throw some forced induction somewhere please.

>Forced induction
>Factory engine
I like having my connecting rods on the inside of the block, thanks. Although I do plan to build a high-performance 302 for it, which will definitely be supercharged.

>dat location
>dat house
>dat driveway

Thats fair.

What, this old shack?

can /ccg/ help me to tell the difference between a small block and big block motor when looking at an engine? Also, what about cylinder size? i.e. V6 or V8?

Small blocks are smaller than big blocks.
Is a small block.

V6 has 6 cylinders arranged in a V shape (3 on one side, 3 on the other). V8 has 8 cylinders arranged in a V shape (4 on one side, 4 on the other). Generally, the more cylinders there are, the faster they can process and combust gasoline, thus generating more power.

Fucking magnificent abode.

>1971 429 engine
>€4000

Should I?

Got to bring the 'lux out after almost the whole summer. Such a fun ride

Do it, faggot.

Can I join the club?

Sorry it took so long, but this is how the generator is mounted. Any alternators I can replace it with that just mount the same way?

And this is the new voltage regulator the previous owner put on. Figure I might as well use it.

r u a state centaur or some shit?

Yes, I figured as much. I've actually never seen in person a small and big block, so that's why I asked if there is anything to look for to determine which one it is not by size alone. Like, is a piece in a different position on each block?

So, going by that knowledge, if I find 3 spark plugs on each side of the V shape block, that tells me it is a V6? Same for the V8?

That depends. Do you know the secret Galaxie guy handshake?

Is it just a regular handshake?

>skipping car shows to watch Trump rallies live
Fuck it, my car is dirty anyway.

I tore through an accelerator pump today. I bought a new one at the store. That one lasted a whole 3 or 4 pumps before it tore as well. Please kill me, Veeky Forums.

No. It involves tickling each others' anuses with your pinky.
Yes. You'll be able to tell what type of engine it is by counting the spark plugs. a straight(or inline) 6 would have all six plugs on the same side, same with an inline 4. a V8, 4 plugs each side, v6, 3 plugs.
Tell me if I missed anything.

With these smog heads I can choose between the carb backfiring at 60mph or the engine pinging. I'm considering water injection. Anyone got any experience with that?

I should also tell you that all you literally have to do to hook up a 1 wire alternator is run the red positive lead to battery positive.

You might also have to ground it out if you don't get a good voltage. But in most cases the bracket is bolted to is sufficient.

and someday I'll have a 460 powered maverick.

Someday I'll have a v8 powered 65...

FINALLY figured out the overheating issue with the Excalibur. It was the ALTERNATOR... A bad bearing was causing binding and reducing the speed of the water pump; I guess I aggressively flushed the radiator, replaced the water pump, thermostat, and radiator cap for nothing...