My family is helping me pay for an newish economical full size sedan. We were looking at Fusion...

My family is helping me pay for an newish economical full size sedan. We were looking at Fusion, Accord and Avalon hybrids, but found an an Acura RLX Hybrid in our price range that we all really like. I didn't even know Acura had a hybrid sedan and had until today never sat in an RLX but it was comfy as fuck and drove surprisingly well. So far it seems pretty awesome, but too good to be true.

Anyone on here have any experience with an RLX hybrid?

Why? No enthusiast would choose any of those. And if you're not an enthusiast why are you here? You could get any number of interesting cars for less than 8k on craigslist.

>Don't buy a new luxury car, but a shitbox on Craigslist instead

I really like what they tried to do with the RLX Hybrid, but honestly for the amount you're spending on it you're better off getting a lightly used Lexus LS460 instead

cheap used car does not have to equal shitbox

Acura sure as fuck ain't luxury

They all suck. Get a Subaru wagon with no rust

why the hell would you choose it over just a honda ?

the accords that I test drove from the 25-30k range new are comfy as fuck and loaded with great features. I can't think of one time in the last 15 years acura made something I was even remotely interested in

$8k on Craigslist is basically a shitbox

More luxurious than whatever the fuck you drive

What is "economical" to you mean? Are you looking at used? How far are you willing to go back in years? I would honestly recommend a 06-08 Acura TSX if you want an economical fun DD

>ad hominem
Not even him but contain your autism

>buzzwords

>I have no actual argument beyond fallacies/insults and am still angry that people don't think my rebadged Honda is luxury

Nigga I drive a clapped out Porsche, but you don't get to decide what's luxury and what isn't

8k is not shitbox territory the fuck you on about???

Maybe if you have low standards

Spoiled child alert

Get a miata.

>low standards
>entry luxury car in 8k range
WEW LAD

I grew up poor as shit, don't assume
But regardless from my experience cars under $10k tend to be shitboxes that aren't worth keeping for any extended period of time

>cheap, used Audi
Wew lad

>can't accept the fact that he's a spoiled bus rider
>can't accept the fact that he's wrong

Salvage title or a scam to butt rape you

I am a spoiled child who got a 25k car as my first car and i i am fully aware that 8k isn't shitbox tier. Shitboxes are somewhere around 3k and under.

>Can't accept the fact he's wrong
>ALREADY IN DAMAGE CONTROL

It doesn't even have it's front badge in that picture for fuck's sake

Do you even own a car?

>IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE A FRONT BADGE
>NEVER SEEN A DEBADGED CAR
you literally can't make this stuff up

Well then I have this $8k ND Miata for sale for you. Interested?

Nope I'm good. I already have a shit box daily that was sub 3k. All my money is being saved for an AMG and college

>I'm an idiot that has no idea how to pick out a good car under 10k

>good car
>under $10k

>not finding good cars under 10k
Lemme guess, you took out a loan for a USED car didn't you. You might as well let me fuck your wife

Never took a loan out for a car ever

>not taking a loan out to buy a decent car
YOU MIGHT AS WELL LET ME FUCK YOUR WIFE MANG

The shitposting is real

Just mad cuz poor AND can't find a decent car under 10k
You might as well just kys yourself

>considering buying a hybrid

Ever considered financial suicide?
They're pretty much the same thing.

>v8 power with i4 fuel consumption
I fail to see the problem

I've heard good things about the Acura RL. It was its predecessor. All I know is those things are tanks when it comes to accidents.

It's economical and a full size. That's wha OP wants.

>implying the difference is that pronounced

>I've never driven a car with electric drive motors
TORK
TORK FOR DAYS

Fuel consumption has nothing to do with it.

So what does?

Batteries and other hybrid shit that goes out, and is exhorbidantly expensive to replace. If you plan on keeping it for 5 years/50k miles it's fine. If youre in it for the long haul, I'd look for another car.

I could be wrong, but in my experience, hybrids are good for a lease term and ditch it.

Not in any of the normie hybrid shit he mentioned.

I don't want a used hard to maintain Euro luxury car. I already have an old W202 C43 that I use as a fun car. I give tours for work and my family is willing to help me buy a biggish comfy sedan. I need something that get's good mileage and isn't going to fall to shit after 5 years. I'm probably going to be putting 20,000 miles on this thing yearly.

I don't want a cheap used shitbox for $8k, I already have a car like that. We're friends with an autobroker who found one of these for $29,000. We looked at a Lexus ES hybrid as well but it's appallingly ugly to the extent that i'd rather take the Avalon hybrid which is basically the same car.

Planning on keeping it 5 years but will probably put about 100,000 miles on it in that time. Cousin has a Camry Hybrid that hasn't given him any battery issues and he's approaching 100,000 miles. Car I'm looking at still has 5 years and 70,000 left on the hybrid system warranty anyways. I know Hyundai-Kia hybrids have a lot of premature battery deaths and early build Fusion hybrids did too, but they resolved that by changing the battery design.

The only Honda hybrid issues I know of are things that happened with the early Civic hybrids and Honda killed it because of it but this uses a different system.

You're experience is pretty shit

People still drive 20 year old Priuses just fine

>1996 was 20 years ago

holy fuck that's true

>tfw