Does anyone have experience with the tracking devices that insurance companies offer now...

Does anyone have experience with the tracking devices that insurance companies offer now? I'm considering it for the baseline 5% off, but the privacy concerns plus the idea of them being mandatory and negatively impacting rates in the future worry me.

This again? There was a thread that lasted 3 fucking days about this, Fuck you OP

No, no, no and no. Fuck those things.
It'll give you a small discount if you drive exactly how they want you to drive, but fuck up once and your rates go through the roof.

They collect driver habits through the telematics systems in OBD-II and they share this info with other insurance companies/3rd parties/federal government

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I did the snapshot through progressive and went 110mph, still got a 9% discount.

Confirmed Progressive employee.

Have to suddenly slam on the brakes once, though, and say goodbye to that discount.

Do that between midnight and 5am and watch that discount turn into a rate hike

Thats it. im buying pre obd car
preferably one without seatbelts as well

OBD-1 is ok, remember that you can also just get a standalone for an OBD-II

I want no seatbelts as well.
fucking pro-pussies law

Stuntman Mike pls

>I want to slide around in my seat

>not forcing girls to touch you on the toegay

Either samefag or just some asshurt person. 9% on $400/month isn't that awesome. Dropped progressive and got USAA. You people are fucking faggots.

>being this much of a pathetic scumbag
Jesus dude

Lern2sarcasm

You are clearly retarded, none of them said snapshot was a good idea

Are you by any chance retarded?

Snapshot worked for me. Sorry I'm not some skeptic who is too conspiracy minded to save some money. Don't forget your aluminum hat.

>x worked for me!
probably because you're advertising.
People literally have firsthand experience of "Progressive" hiking rates for slamming brakes etc.

As a person who street raced, what are you talking about? People in accidents, ywah that's a hike.

>As a person who street raced
Okay Vin

It wasn't anything like that, but fuck yea ill take a $20 bet that I can make it around the block before someone's "cammed f150"