Where do you drive Veeky Forums?

Where do you drive Veeky Forums?

Is it pointless to drive a nice car, if you always have to worry about getting speeding tickets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djws-Y6vKNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the only way to enjoy a nice car is to speed
>my only driving experience comes from initial D arcade stage 3
-OP

Tfw no mountain touge to race on every weekend.

I mostly drive to work and back. Into work is a bunch of high-speed twisties followed by a couple of sprints, and timing traffic lights.
Back is heavy traffic, occasional gridlock, with the option of the long way home along windy pretty country roads.

I take road trips occasionally to get the wanderlust out of my system. I get the occasional urge to just keep driving, but that mostly deals with it.

I live in Ontario, which means straight roads, nazi cops, more straight roads, pathetic speed limits, and acidic road salts. I don't even know why I invested in a fun car desu

If you have balls you would be racing around downtown toronto at 3am. plenty of curvy roads there.

Look up a site like motorcycleroads.com and see if you're missing anything.

Singaporean here. I usually go north to Malaysia and drive my heart out.

I'm not particularly into high speed but I do enjoy driving for hours in them nice, autobahn-like motorway. Imagine being able to drive end to end from singapore all the way to bangkok

I don't even understand why the fuck do the malaysian even complain about their government building more motorway anyways

i struggle with this now,
my next place will be nearer to fun roads

To work and back. For fun I'll take all left turns in 2nd gear at about 30 mph and right turns at about 20 mph.

Otherwise there's one spot I can do a 2nd gear pull up to speed limit.

Living in suburban midwest can get boring sometimes.

i spent a few days in KL earlier this year and saw more nice cars than i did in a similar amount of time in tokyo.

reminder also that malaysia is the best country to go street racing in
youtube.com/watch?v=djws-Y6vKNk

I have about 10 road courses within a comfortable day's drive, of which I have ridden 8

When I get my X-37 hybrid turbo I can probably take my car up to 300whp on 94 octane or so. Is that fast enough to be competitive? Car is only 2750lbs.

take your car down to the nearest track.

also go to some car meet ups in your city.

When you guys are their and if you get in deep enough they will give you locations and times in which you can race.

Try going for places where there are camera's (speed cams) and get an idea of where they are located. race till you get to the cams. Cops dont go on those streets relying on the cams to do the job.

rural areas are pretty lax

I mean even in the rural parts in ottawa you can do whatever you want

people race on those backroads in carp all the time

>North Dallas area
>Rarely see any cops
>can just have a good time

There are some tracks near to me, but i couldnt tell if it was a basic oval track or something decent from their website.

I know nothing about tracks, do they usually have more than a basic oval?

I will say its pretty pointless for me to drive my car in DC, or the beltway for that matter, it's left leg day everyday.

depends which one

>nice cars have to be fast

Agreed, but it's hard to go fast when all fuck face Maryland drivers are in your way.

If you are getting speeding tickets, that means your car is not nice and fast, op.

I haven't gotten any, but recently had some close encounters.

Makes me want to change routes, but those back roads are crappy.

Also dont they crack down harder on nice cars?

They dont have to be but doesnt most of Veeky Forums agree that its fun to drive fast?

is traffic that bad in DC? ive been wanting to drive there on my bike

could get a radar detector, or just find other routes. Police look for cars with brights colors, two doors, spoilers, fancy tires and so on. I created a sleeper for the purpose of avoiding attention.

If I ever get pulled over I'll pull the "Oh I didnt realize I was going so fast/I was horsing around just a little, sorry officer" Then they see I have no police record history or traffic violations and they will most likely give me a warning.

The only times cops hassled me was for non-speeding things, they could have ticketed me for tint or dead headlight but they say I am a pretty good driver and let me go. I know where cops tend to park on my route so I know where to look, but I think cops in my area are pretty chill anyway as long as youre polite.

On record, I am a good law-abiding citizen in a granny car, but at times I'll night ride at 130+. Sleeper cars, and keep your nose clean. no problems.

Aside from driving to work I drive senic routes and tow shit. When i wanna 70s i take my hilux. Small highways through farmland are the best.

I take my car just to work/school and back and occasionally a store or wherever else I need to be. On the other hand I take my bike everywhere. I rode over 100 miles today on rural roads to get absolutely nowhere.

i hate this shit state so much

Eastern germany and western poland.
Mostly in mecklenburg but also pomerania and brandenburg