/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Super Mario Taco World Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」Introducing the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
「!」Nintendo reveals sampling of third party support for the Switch: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/789155375526260736
「!」Further Switch details to be reserved for 2017: twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248
「!」New Super Mario game revealed for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/new-super-mario-game-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 enhanced ports/new entries teased for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/whats-new-in-splatoon-and-mario-kart-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Silvally, Kommo-o and other stunning Pokemon revealed for Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4I_0DP4fc
「!」Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 announced, platform not specified: youtube.com/watch?v=d3cFLuYLCeU
「!」NES Classic Edition details revealed: youtube.com/watch?v=62bI0zItF6g

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/3GsWMgiU
Wii U - pastebin.com/hXL6DnV6

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>3DS Rec List
Ctrl+F '3DSgames'
>Wii U Rec List
MAMMA MIA!!!!

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11481006
strawpoll.me/11481007
strawpoll.me/11481008
strawpoll.me/11481010
strawpoll.me/11481065
strawpoll.me/11481067
strawpoll.me/11481069
discord.me/nintyg
youtube.com/watch?v=iPILIf7ru48
marioboards.com/index.php?topic=36335.0
youtube.com/watch?v=nWfRO1yxaXs
icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/nintendo-siwtch-design-features-1552x1034.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>741 replies
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to vote

strawpoll.me/11481006
strawpoll.me/11481007
strawpoll.me/11481008
strawpoll.me/11481010
strawpoll.me/11481065
strawpoll.me/11481067
strawpoll.me/11481069

What do these options mean

What game gives the feeling like pic related?

>>Discord chat
>discord.me/nintyg
Doesn't work

Really? What Browser are you running?

This saves the Nintendo

You guys think the Switch will take over the visual novel market in Japan? I am wary on the idea of the Vita having a sequel. I'd be quite happy tbqh. I would love something like Higurashi or Corpse Party (not a VN but shut up) on the Switch.

This is what I want too and what I think Japan will do, but it heavily depends on how's the battery life.

Maybe. Maybe not. Kinda depends if the Switch does well enough to warrant that kind of market. The Vita, even though it sold horribly, was still a big market in Japan and among weebs in general so VN's and such worked well on it because that market was present and profitable even with the Vita's low userbase. The Switch's portability does seem like it would handle them well but if there's not a market for them it still won't happen.

If this was a 2D game platformer as a Switch launch title it would be easily a system seller.

10m sales minimum

I WANT TO GO TO A ROOF PARTY WITH AUTISTIC KAREN

Any news on A Hat In Time or Stardew Valley port for the Switch?

Using discord program, not browser

Neither are happening.

>A Hat In Time
Dead game.

I miss him.

IIRC the devs are discussing potentially cancelling it. Pretty sad.

>Stardew Valley port
Story of Seasons is so much better.

>Harvest Moon clone
>not on Nintendo console

Well there's the Wii U port for SV coming

Which is why the solution is just to play Yooka-Laylee instead.

As someone who's played the demos of both I fully agree, Yooka-Laylee absolutely stomps Hat in every way. Then again I played the latters demo a looong time ago, but judging from what they've shown it's hardly changed.

no please ;_;

>ywn never hold her tight to stop her from hurting herself in an autism fit
>ywn stroke her air as she coos and drools into your lap
>ywn feel her pelvic muscles spazzing out on your dick while you penetrate her

when is mario maker 3ds coming out

If I could play as a Pokemon other than Pikachu that would be a day one buy.

The 2nd of December, I believe.

First four are in regards to the mushroom kingdom elections.

I speculated how the Switch might use infrared technology similar to the patents they filed that had it and ways the Switch might use a d-pad attachment:

Is Nintendo going to have something similar to BCA disc codes on their new cartridges?

Nice finding on the shoulder buttons being actually an add-on

It might get a Wii U port, but it's not happening for Switch

Not for at least a year or so, we might see the sequel, but not this.

It's not, he's wrong. You can see the shoulder buttons getting pressed in a bit if you pause when the first guy's putting them onto the screen and at any time while the two guys in the car are playing.

Then that attachment is merely cosmetic? That's epic.

@everyone
does metal gear solid on the 3ds have c stick support on the new 3ds?

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=iPILIf7ru48

new video bois

Ey, is it normal for a n3DS to have a black line every other pixel, horizontally?

No, unless your eyes are good enough to notice the pixel density.

Cheapest way to replace Wii U gamepad?

Some people report spaces between pixels, some don't. Not sure if there's a real different or our eyes are just better.

Will Capcom's port-happy attitude finally give us a good portable version of RE4 on the Switch?

I hope not.

What the h*ck is that square button

Home I'd imagine.

it looks like the one directly to the right of it has the symbol they use for the home button on it though

>not noticing the button with an actual home symbol directly on its right

Then could it be a share button

gonna be for fucking netflix, youtube, or some selfie stick or some shit i bet, along with another port somewhere that never gets used

>this kills the piratefag

Cute!

Should I play OoT3D or the 64 version on WiiU VC?

Sorry, didn't mean to quote

OoT3D is technically better but if you grew up playing the original version, just play that.

>still no Wario game

I'm figuring out where you live thanks to the light I see in the pic. Wait for me tonight, I'll steal all of that good stuff.
~The Piratefag

Why is it that most non-Nintendo fans (or haters) only like Wario and F-Zero games? Are they the most "not Nintendo" kind of games? (Hence SEGA picking up and adapting GX almost flawlessly)

I played Smash with a guy that doesn't really play Nintendo games and he said the only good characters are Wario and Captain Falcon too.

saved
neither imo

I take great pleasure knowing you saved that, I like making Wario related content

Here's the source.
KC Mario is a goldmine, you guys should go through it.
marioboards.com/index.php?topic=36335.0

youtube.com/watch?v=nWfRO1yxaXs

More white rectangles and other stuff.

What do they do?

ENHANCE

>anybody saying nes is better than snes

>expecting /nintyg/ to be comfy
>stresses you out b/c you don't have a job to afford more 3ds games

translation when

The sides on the right look slightly different from on the left, but I'm not sure where the photo is from because it doesn't seem like a still from the video

I guess maybe it's from here:

icdn2.digitaltrends.com/image/nintendo-siwtch-design-features-1552x1034.jpg

Also, I think the Switch might have three trigger buttons on each joycon. There's two black ones and there might be a grey one thinner one that's maybe made out of a different kind of plastic so it feels different. Or it could just have a different degree of resistance wen you press it to make it less likely you press it by accident.

dubz and i get a tattoo of iwata

2016 October 27 day (Thursday) information about the Monster Hunter series than 20:00, will deliver directly from Tsujimoto's Capcom to your visit Internet

Wario is popular on the handheld only secondaries (SMW->Wario Land series) and
have a dedicated following.

F-Zero, Metroid, Homebound etc don't have a lot of modern equivalents and they're thirsty.

Thinking of getting into the Rune Factory franchise starting with the first three DS titles. I understand that some items/upgrades are only obtainable via multiplayer trading, and the wi-fi servers no longer are running. Is there any way for me to trade via local wireless to get these in each game, or are people pretty much screwed out of getting them forever now unless they cheat?

is the netflix app on Wii U actually good now?

Last time I checked it was ok. They added those profiles a bunch of people wanted (I didn't care).

Is this a projection tech? I'd love a projected image gimmick.

Either Monster Hunter goes to PS4 and Xbone or Monster Hunter goes to Switch. Or new monster hunter spin off.

>Either Monster Hunter goes to PS4 and Xbone or Monster Hunter goes to Switch
Or Monster Hunter goes to mobile

I finally got the switch
now how do I hax it?

>WiiU youtube app
>Can't choose stream quality even though there is a button for it, it is always greyed out

Fantastic

Ha

Start by haxing your dick off to 'switch'

Is there no way to charge a U without its exclusive charger? No other charger works? Mine broke a while back and I'm debating on whether to get a new charger or save up for my Switch.

God no. They need a new writer and a new character designer. The art design has been horrible lately. Nice designs but they're not "Harvest Moon". AP was the last good one, the STH PsP game not counting because it's a remake. The writing is also awfully fluffy and annoying.

Stardew Valley is based on the classic games so it lacks most of these faults.

1 - Hyrule Warriors Legends
2 - Donkey Kong Country
3 - Shovel Knight
4 - Smash
5 - Castlevania
6 - Super Castlevania
7 - Kirby Planet Robobot
8 - Super Metroid
9 - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

I hope the Switch has a Twitch streaming option. I want to stream but I don't have a capture card or even the proper setup for a streaming PC. It also means more people will stream their games.

>looking up new Nintendo videos on Youtube
>that black guy with the screaming thumbnails
>that freaking wannabe Cookie Monster guy
>every time

I don't even click on their videos and they piss me off.

Some user on /v/ translated some nip speak from a GCCX video and we got some new info da zeldas:

>"Just over 100" mini dungeons
>Each area has "1 full dungeon" (7 total?)
>There's an underground system (no idea of the context he's talking about here, the comment is dropped out of nowhere. Caves? Tunnels?)
>For every 4 heart pieces you collect, you get a new heart, for every 5 hearts you get "1 big heart" (I have no idea what he's talking about here)
>"Every location has its own town" (guessing he's referring to the regions, which could mean 7 towns)
>Every town has side quests, story elements, and "a secret element we're not discussing just now"
>There are weapons that don't break
>You can store items at towns

>Believing some random idiot who claims he knows Japanese
Good plan.

Very doubtful.
Why would Nintendo care about streaming?

FYI the new Mario game is most likely going to be like 3D Land/World like some people expected.

3D land took the much more linear approach to level design because it was a mobile game and they didn't expect people to want to do any sort of adventuring when they're on the go or only have a short time to play. Because the NX is mobile this is most likely going to be the same.

Stars still took like 5 minutes to get in 64
Dont use the word mobile for stuff thats not phoneshit
Theyve said a few times its still being developed with it being a home system first, or was BotW designed like 3d land too?

BotW was a Wii U game for probably at least a year before they decided to make it a dual launch and woop de doo, it got delayed because of "Hardware advancements" or something or other.
I'll be pretty damned if it hasn't been "mobalized" in some ways or another.

The entire thing they're trying to appeal to people with in the advertisement is home console games anywhere. 2 of the games were literal open world games, and 1 literally isn't mobile-friendly at all (Splatoon will always need wifi unless you want to do a SUPER barebones singleplayer thing that no one bought the game for). Home console games only need the extra ability to pause anytime in order to function while being used portable.

maybe one day..

Shmups peaked at Tyrian anyway, the genre should just be discontinued

Is this the place to ask for people to fill the bravely second friend thing.

Yeah but you don't always get people that are playing the game.

I just want people in the town.

I don't remember if default had the "get 5 people from the internet" thing but it's good since I don't live in a city or some shit

I'll buy a Switch if it has Custom Robo