It's about time Canada adopted the US dollar. A Focus RS is 50k here, versus 35k in the US...

It's about time Canada adopted the US dollar. A Focus RS is 50k here, versus 35k in the US. How can a country attached to the US be getting cucked so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5760572761.html
xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=USD&view=10Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And to make things even more funny.

>wahh my country sucks at investing/spending money
>wahhh we are now fucked because we a low cost of living with high income
>wahhhh

You are turning into fucking Australians. Fuckers think they have it hard, when it's double the pay, exactly the same cost of living as the US so they make more and spend less. The only fucking thing that costs more for them is imports.

And thats because their dumb asses have 20% tax with 10% more tax on imports.

Blame your fucking government.

Repping Toronto
The reason why Canada is so fucking cucked is because we're weaker than the States in every way. Trudeau and his father are terrible leaders that fucked us up good

IIRC the purchasing power of the Australian dollar is pretty poor.

Not having your own currency just exacerbates economic problems, look at Greece.

Not really.

Due to the higher hourly wage, it balances out damn near exactly.

The only products that are high are mostly entertainment. And that's largely due to the fact of the AUD falling by 50% two times over the course of 8 years.

Right now, if you take something in AUD and something in USD and do the calculations they are exactly the same price. And if you then convert their wage into hours vs US wages into hours. They work an average of 3 hours less per low retail product.

Well, my bad.

Lol someone doesn't understand the value of the dollar here and basic economagixxx. Do you also wonder why milk is at least a dollar cheaper per gallon in the US than in Canada?

Sorry, I've had to deal with bitchy Aus fags over in /v/ for years who don't understand basic economics.

>came here from /v/
Veeky Forums is full, fuck off

>thinking Veeky Forums is anything special

Nigga this has been a normie board for about 8 years.

little did you know...
>sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5760572761.html

Calm down you spazz

And it was better for it

Shut up Alphonse, you are the worst thing to happen here.

>same cost of living as the US
Yeah, nah.
We pay more for everything here. Absolutely everything. We even pay more for gas than the Chinese, Japs and Koreans do and they use our gas. No it's not taxes.

We pay about 65% more than the Japanese do for OUR gas

Sure thing user, but the actual conversions say otherwise.

Learn math you dumb ass criminal child.

Oh. You already admitted fault.

My apologies, OP. I wasn't trying to be a dick - I've just been asked so many times by epeople who genuinely believe we can just print more money in order to solve economagoo fails

Oooh the actual conversions.
I actually live here and see the prices on a daily basis. The only thing that costs more is imports? That's like all of the shit we use.

There's fuck all competition in our market compared to EU or US. Two companies - Woolworths and Wesfarmers dominate the retail space. So the stuff that does get produced domestically, like food costs way more than people pay in Europe for example. You can buy stuff online but then you get raped by shipping if it's anything heavy.

Yeah the Australian dollar has fallen against the greenback. But it's just that, relative. It's the US dollar which has climbed. The Australian dollar doesn't do anything on it's own. We pay more for electronic goods because companies can charge more and get away with it, simple. Even buying digital goods, like songs or movies from itunes it costs more here.

>he doesn't know what the internet is
I can view all of your prices from the comfort of my home.

I can see your daily gas prices, all the prices for your clothes, your food, your video games and cars. All at the press of a keystroke. I can also view your laws and taxes. Like how you pay fucking 10% tax on imported goods. If the shipment of those goods is worth more then 1000 AUD they get another 10% tax on top of it.

You aren't paying more you ignorant sack of shit.

I wasn't trying to create a serious thread knock if off you guys

So do I. You act like we pay $4 a litre for gas. Shut up, you make the rest of us look retarded

>huur why is stuff slightly more expensive on an island of 22 million instead of a major fucking continent with over a hundred different countries!
Seriously

>US dollar climbed
Dumb faggot, you don't even know your own stocks crashed twice in the last 10 years.

xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=USD&view=10Y

lolwut?
And why did they crash? Because something happened overseas. The US or China probably sneezed and Australia caught a cold

Fuck off cunt. Big fucking deal they pay $4 for petrol. It's all taxes. Unlike here in Australia.

It's a global economy now, there's little reason for there to be so little competition here for pretty much any product you want to buy. Thankfully ALDI is growing rapidly and Lidl will be coming here soon too apparently

Are you fucking kidding me?

We don't pay any tax on imported goods below $1000 in value, unless it's tobacco or alcohol or you're buying things in bulk for a business.

If you can see the genuine prices we pay for things then you can see we pay way more than Americans. And if you say it's otherwise that's plain bullshit.

>muh internet
>muh world of knowledge at the stroke of a key

>He is so retarded that he doesn't know any of the economics of his own country
Australians folks.