Top kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cV-_zeAaI60
gtrusablog.com/2015/11/first-california-legal-nissan-skyline.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cool Chevy impala

is there a joke i'm not getting?

The security guard was peepin it.

Dumb ass really thought he could get an R32 legit in CA of all places.

In SF no less. The main DMV, not a satellite office.

Some dumbass is living in California.

good thread guys

>R32
It's been taking every fiber of my sensible half to not buy one of these, especially with how prices have gotten almost reasonable.

I think he misinterpreted the pic as the car being impounded when the guy is probably getting plates.

Or maybe this is a troll thread.

>R32
>legal in the US

Last time I checked only the R34 (or... was it the R33?) had passed the regulatory Hoops to be legal in the US.

I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I checked into that sort of thing.

The Motorex story is well known, the whole issue is that they only ever did the certification for the R34 (Or R33), basically told the federal government (DOT/NHTSA/EPA) that the other two generations of the skyline, the R32 and the R33 (or R34 if i am remembering wrong, as above), were similar enough that they only needed that one certification of the modifications in order to modify them for sale in the u.s.

The Motorex guys got involved in a lot of criminal activities that probably put attention on them, among other things... But ultimately the feds decided that they were wrong or lied.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure about r33 vs. R34

However, certainly when this whole drama went down, it was unqualifiable: the R32 was not "legalizable"

It should be said that all of the modifications that Motorex figured out have become public... technically speaking anyone can import a Skyline of the appropriate year, and make it legal in the US. The problem is that so much scrutiny is placed on that particular vehicle that most registered importers won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

>I could be wrong
It's over 25 years old now, so 1991 and older are legal.

Kids, leave.

meme car is special meme for people who are still stuck in the teenage mentality of being attracted to a mediocre japanese hype machine and also watching anime / actually keeping pictures of anime on your hard drive

Is anyone in this thread going to explain to me, euro fag, why Americans orgasm over prehistoric AL outdated Japanese shit box? It's more expensive than similar powerful Porsches, BMWs and bunch of other modern cars that are not even considered sport cars yet they are faster due to years of research and development. Old shit box can't possibly keep up with modern car and all the technology that was used to achieve best performance. We are talking about 30 year old suspension, gearbox, engine steering versus 2016 technology that allows 3 times faster cars foress money just because they are not internet memes

>talks shit on anime
>posts meme frogs

I have to renew my drivers license before my birthday next week. Every time I've ever been to the dmv to get a new license, whether it be renewal, adding motorcycle endorsement, changing address, etc. I've been in and out in 20 min. or less. Not this time. I've gone every day after work this week which leaves an hour and a half before they close when I walk in the door. Every day I've been greeted with 'Sorry, we are at maximum capacity and aren't taking anymore numbers today'. To add insult to injury there's only like 15 people waiting and I know they've got at least 6 employees taking peoples numbers in the back.

i created pepe, and i fucking hate anime

Aren't they able to because of the 25 year rule or is their some terms and conditions that doesnt allow the r32 to be register?

>I created pepe
Then go back to LeReddit.

Doug?

Why are you posting on Veeky Forums? Don't you have clickbait titles to write?

lollergasm dat Fell Street. You a SFag?

Holy shit you're retarded.

Because it's iconic.
I get that you might not have entertainment in seriousville but the GT-R has been seen as the pinnacle of what a sports car should aspire to be since the R32 for whatever reason.

I cant wait till the r33s start to hit 25 years old. I love them to death and most people dislike the hell out of them which will guarantee it being a cheaper buy in the long run.

you can get an R32 legit, it just costs like $10,000 for certification.

It is federally legal, however registering it in california is very expensive because of emissions laws

California has smog and safety laws that go beyond the general national laws.

Better off getting a PO box in Nevada or Oregon and registering it there

you can bring a car in, but good luck actually registering it in CA or NY dumbfuck

Automotive history, legitimate classic at this age, and forbidden fruit. It's not so much about performance per dollar as it is owning something cool (although it's still reasonably quick even by today's standards).
youtube.com/watch?v=cV-_zeAaI60

>good luck actually registering it in CA or NY
It's not a problem in free states.

easiest way is to buy one that has already been tested and certified or you can do it yourself which takes a lot of time and money.

gtrusablog.com/2015/11/first-california-legal-nissan-skyline.html