Will people hate me if I buy Dodge Challenger SXT?

Will people hate me if I buy Dodge Challenger SXT?

I love the looks and I don't really care about the specs, so paying $20k-$40k more for a horsepower bump, I'm probably not gonna even use, seems pointless to me.

But it feels weird, buying a "muscle car" when mom in a minivan could probably overtake me in a race.

What do you think about buying low-end muscle cars? Is it not worth it? I'll use it mostly for moving around city, so I don't need big trunk or seat 4 people comfortably.

Not worth it. Buy a civic

Have you ever driven one? It's awful without those extra horses.

You could buy the sxt and swap a 572 hemi in int for less than an srt

>buy a computer tuner
>put smaller gears
>Cold Air Intake and Exhaust ends for shills and giggles

That's all that's needed.

Get R/T, faggot.

Man, that split grille looks like rubbish. I don't care if the new Challengers are just a face and ass update from a '70 to a '71, the '70-style square chrome front end on the previous Challengers looked so much better.

Dont bother
If aint a V8 its not worth it
also resell value will fall though the ground, go look at 90s V8 and V6 stangs, V8 have hold up much better than the V6s

Ill be the only one to say it but if you like it buy it. Cars are ultimately appliances in day to day life. You don't need 7000 horsepower to drive 30 min to work everyday or whatever. Obviously if you were wanting to drag race or track it a more performance equiped car is the way to go.

This

Resale will be garbage if you don't get the V8. Plus people say they are terrible with the V6.

Almost everybody on here who buys a V6 or 4cyl turbo muscle car regrets it a couple months later.

It's literally an Americanized 2006 Mercedes S-Class with a cheaper interior and two doors. If you really just want a 2 door car that's comfy and looks cool it's okay. It's actually very cheap if that's all you care about, but don't expect to win any races, unless you're racing I4 mid sized cars. It's still a moderately fun car with the V6 makes acceptable power and is fuckhuge but it's definitely no where near as fun as a proper V8.

If you're not an enthusiast, like the styling and only plan to use it for basic car duties I say get if if you can afford it.

I wouldnt do it. You will get shit gpm & nothing to show for it.

But thats just me, its your $$$, if it makes you happy, why not?

Nigger

Buy one with a salvage title.
Drop in a classic mopar with a blower sticking up over the hood line.
Fuck resale.

Resale r 4 gays.
Death machine r 4 cool.

RIP warranty. And it's a Dodge, so you'll definitely need it

>cold air intake
The most useless mod that exists on stock cars.

Which version do you fuccbois is the first worth getting?

>inb4 hellcat

Any v8

>replace drivetrain on car with drivetrain issues
>"you need the warranty for the drivetrain"

why do you hate fun?

the people buying base model challengers and dropping blown hemis into them are not the kind of people that care about resale value

are you mad that you will never drive/build one of these?

I was not being ironic when I posted that. I was also the poster who made the 572 post. I love challengers.

For the challenger I wouldn't spend money for anything less than srt8

What about a 2015+ R/T? I would only buy a challenger if I had a V8 and a 6spd, but is it any good?

o my b, pham

All good. It's something I've thought about doing. I think I'm just going to keep looking for a 70 or 71 rolling body instead. Cudas are good too but challengers will always be my favorite.

Don't get the R/T. If you want a V8, get the SRT. Otherwise just get the V6. The regular V8 just isn't worth it.

We've already given him expert advice on how to get a beastmobile