HAMMER DOWN EDITION

>HAMMER DOWN EDITION
>>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
>Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
>Here are some decent/good companies:
>pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
>If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.
>>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
>If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
>You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.
>Obligatory meme section
>-----
>>You will get fat.
>>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>>Other drivers hate you.
>>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>>Your loved ones miss you.
>>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>>lol 'murrica
>>lol yurop
4 K E K S
>>K
>>E
>>K
>>S

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTpbh2zJGhA
google.ca/maps/place/49°08'01.4"N 122°51'24.1"W/@49.1338333,-122.8563553,115m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d49.133725!4d-122.8567
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hammer down
>no hammer in sight
wew lad

Wasn't the last one 'hammer down edition'?

Yes. It was my first attempt of baking new bread. Apparently there is more to it than copy and paste.

Ayyy I found one.

He didn't hammer down the straps.

Looks perfect for a quick rape n escape

maybe he's taking a detour to Pallet town

>3 small chains on a coil

Halp

Question: why are truck wash's even needed. is it due to the bugs?

Nobody "needs" to wash their car

What is that? TP for Godzilla?

They blow oil everywhere all the time. Need to blast it off once in a while. I spent 20 minutes under the hood, and the last 10 minutes on the body and wheels.

>tfw a good rain storm comes and you just smile as all that oil washes off and goes down the sewer

Steel or other metal coil. Imagine flattened metal rolled up like a roll of TP. The paper is there to protect it from the elements.

Muh reefer needs a washout.

Why do straight truck drivers drive like dildos?

I love how that triggers people every time I post it.

I mean, shit. He doesn't even have a center chain, and they're all hooked to the rubrail with 2 points of contact like the rubrail had a weight rating to begin with.

I have come here to complain, and you're going to listen whether you want to or not.

>last two days with company
>send me to Seattle and Portland
>Cool, short trip across the border
>Get to Seattle drop off at 7pm
>Sir, your delivery is 5:30am
>The fuck?
>Deliver next morning, drive to Portland, deliver
>Almost done unloading, do you have the pickup for me?
>Sir, go to truck stop, give me time please
>2 hours pass
>Load cancel, cannot find another. Come back.
>Cool, I get to drive home empty; leave Portland at 3.
>Some fuckwit crashes on I-5, south of Tumwater, entire fucking freeway closed for 3 hours
>Takes 3 hours to go 2km
>Started at 530am, get back to yard at 1130pm

>lol hours of service
>paper logs
>closed scales
>mfw I get home after 18 hour day, now free of shit company

better than me. i just had them call me with a load that picks up at 3am.
>mfw i quit a week ago.
they also apparently have been holding like a grand of my money. no reason, just holding it.

Tfag is so cute, he crochets his air line.

The pattern is so strange, I can't tell if it's intentional or not.

He literally crocheted it, a knitting pattern. Keeps it from getting tangled, he said.

Yeah I can see that at the top, but the bottom still looks like a mess so it's fuggin' with my brain. It's too early.

Optical illusion

Tits or GTFO.

Do you think it's possible to get into a swift school if you only just recently got a drivers license this month?

I was driving for a year unsupervised with a probationary license but I don't know if that counts

Swift hires only the best in class, so yeah mate, go for it.

Eeeey, Seattlefag, traffic was fucked yesterday, right? Fukin 2 hours from Lake City to Federal Way, and not even at rush hour. Crazy-ass 4wheelers wrecking and blocking 405 South, 99 South, and I-5 north, all at the same time.

>probationary license
What is with all this weird shit people do. Months long classes and shit.
>go to dmv
>take test
>get license
How is this hard.

Same way I store all my cords, never tried it with my air hose though

youtube.com/watch?v=eTpbh2zJGhA

I did

>mfw I quit trucking to become a forklift driver but now i dont get along with anyone at work and they all hate me
How do I come back to trucking? I have been about 5 months without driving a truck besides the occasional "move that trailer into the next dock so we can unload it." I had only like 3 month's driving experience before quitting U.S. Xpress and none of the local driving companies would hire me. Also how did op screw up the /truckerfag/ format?

I still don't understand how someone can fuck up that badly. Do American driving schools not teach students to split lanes before a tight right turn, and hook left first? Here in Canada right turns in urban areas was one of the most practiced parts of driving.
>Downtown Vancouver in rush hour
Trial by fire is the best way to learn.

Tbh no. We literally did backing up then like a 10 min drive down the interstate. Then its in the truck with a mentor who is asleep while you drive after your first 50 hours of driving.

Nah just "Sure Wish I Finished Training"

That is terrifying.

That method you've described is possibly illegal. I know a bus driver got faulted for an accident because he did that. You're describing a 'jug handle' turn. You're supposed to do a 'button hook' turn.

nice 450sl

Yeah ok try doing that 5 days a week in new york and long island

Sounds like a good idea, until your trailer does that because there was a car there blocking the left turn lane. This is what we are trained to do here. Split lanes on approach; turn left to put the tractor fully in left lane with trailer blocking right lane; turn hard right and stay out of the left turn lane on the cross street.

For reference, I'm taking about coming form the east and turning to go north here:
google.ca/maps/place/49°08'01.4"N 122°51'24.1"W/@49.1338333,-122.8563553,115m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d49.133725!4d-122.8567

That light is always busy. If you button hook, you will not make the turn; period.

>I wasnt taught backing in school.
>My trainer went to sleep the first night.
At last count, I've ran over 0 poles.

I do button hook at all times and just stare folks down or lay on the horn if they're in my way. Hasn't failed me yet. I can only think of one place I have to jug handle it, and that's because you literally can't get a trailer into that turn without hitting the fence if you don't jug handle it.

top jej you have some serious cajones to come back here with your trip on after getting BTFO'd in the last several threads.

Kill yourself you worthless piece of tripfag trash.

You dont know what BTFO means do you?

So what's the word on Schneider? Got offers from them and a couple Flatbed companies I'm entertaining for regional positions.

50/50 between being just OK and being total CR England tier.

I'm paid hourly and everett based so luckily I don't tangle with traffic too much but yeah one wreck can mean 2 hours OT for me.

>tfw mercedes mbe900

Has anyone finished cdl school and started with a local company rather than a mega carrier? How difficult was it to find someone willing to insure?

Not sure what that means the only company I've been told to stay clear of is Swift or PTL.

depends. there's a few guys here who got local gigs right out of school. one was the torch fuel delivery guy and another for the local port'o'toilet pump driver the class A was a bit overkill but it looked nicer on paper apparently.

That's what I did. I was really lucky I got my job (delivering building materials, mostly interior doors) only got because the other potential hire didn't like it or something. There were three other jobs that really wanted to hire me. A landscape blower truck job which was class B, a trench digging company, and a septic tanker lol. I got other calls from Class B type trucks, a small dealer for car transport, and roofing companies. Most local stuff is usually going to require manual labor but at least you get to drive the big truck to the job sites. Or fast paced deliveries like Pepsifag.

There's also a guy that got a CDL job at Lowes out of school.

I went to a school and hopped on with Skyline. 10/10 would recommend.

>There's also a guy that got a CDL job at Lowes out of school.

Loving every day of it.

Post bare feet.

A-user that's lewd.
Here's where I was today instead.

Is there a specific job title and do you just apply online? Do they have 401k?

> Class A Delivery Driver
You'll most likely drive a little 20ft bed tandem though. Some stores have tractor trailers.
Yes they have the option to enroll in a 401k after 6 months of hire. They also have an employee stock buy option where you can buy company shares at a 10% discount

How much could I expect to make on a regional or dedicated account position with a little 5 years OTR experience? Would like to move to NOVA near the Potomac River or down near the beach and the James River. Currently "living" in Texas. I want to have every weekend off so I can buy a house and go fishing a little more. Went fishing in Virginia a few times and love the rivers over lakes. I currently make about $700 a week after taxes. Could I expect the same moving there?

Easy as. Its who you know, not what you know.

I went to Swift school then left before they sent me out with a trainer. Fuck their nigger/spic tier pay. I applied to other companies in my state and got hired on to a local company with ~30 drivers. I went through a training period with a guy for a little over a month. He was a cool older guy but a bit smelly and always has a smart ass sarcastic attitude. I got assigned to delivering mattresses from a manufacturer in the city to stores around the region. Stayed within surrounding states and was home every Sunday and Monday. This was when I was 23.

I'm almost 26 now, and drive Amazon dedicated for a different company. Home daily most of the time and weekends off.

Fuck off

He's at least making fun of himself now. Maybe he lightened up.

Mini road trip this weekend for a party. Arrived an hour early because the M25 was dead empty. Even after killing half an hour getting a burger.
Were all the UK truckerfags trapped in france or some shit?

Here's hoping you get laid and your party experience is excellent

Now I hate you again

Well then heres hoping no one shows up and it rains and you get a dui

Showing up early to parties is awful sometimes. I had that happen to me at a rave once and it was really fucked up.
>innacity riding my bicycle at a skatepark
>hear about rave nearby, don't feel like driving all the way back to suburbs to meet people and then coming back to rage that was close to skatepark
>try to just hang around killing time until goin to party and then people I know will just meet me there
>end up at rave spot around 9pm
>if you have ever been to underground raves, they don't even get going until like 1am
>awkward as fuck since I'm like the only person there besides the people running the thing
It was kinda cool though because I just chilled and smoked blunts and helped setup a few things. Ended up chillin with dude who promotes tons of big underground raves in Chicago and LA and he was tryin to get me to work security at some of his parties but my regular work schedule doesn't quite agree with working security from 11pm to 7am. Those were the good ol' days.

No single girls there. Nobody told me this before I arrived.

Although I did hit it off with one of the house's many cats, and talked rockets and other nerdy stuff with a couple of guys all night.
I wanted to steal that cat. Norwegian forest cat like my beloved childhood pet, same attitude, same colour, liked laps, and was utterly gorgeous.
Woke up early due to force of habit, petted the lapcat until it figured out I didn't know where the cat food was kept and it bit me, then left before everyone else woke up because FUCK WAITING AROUND.
Got some good driving in, though. Haven't been up that way since I broke up with the idiot ex-boyfriend I knew up that way, and the sat-nav routed me most of the way to his place on the way to my destination.

Fucktards in BMWs and Mercs should be RPGed off the roads for causing traffic jams. Saw a couple of them do it on my way home, just as a jam was clearing up, and triggered another one right away.

>it figured out I didn't know where the cat food was kept and it bit me
only thing worse than cats are catfags.

I feel terrible when I'm passenger on someone's car and they drive stupidly around trucks.

Post Tits

>be me
>20 years old
>1.5 months of school, in mountains
>get job with grain hauling company
>they called me as soon as i left the interview
>3 months later i have a 2016 volvo
good pay too, way better than working for a mega carrier, not to mention the fact that i almost never drive in the city.
pic related, last week in the mountains grabbing my 45 tonnes

Do you need two trailers for 45Tonnes?

That would be 65Tonnes here.

I think it is one of those newage rainbow truckers.

loaded with 45,000kg i my gross weight is 62,500kg. 63,500 is max weight in Canada for super b combinations

I want to make millions driving what do

Isn't grain seasonal? how do you go about buying a truck anyway I'm 22 with decent credit

grain isn't seasonal. animals have to eat and people need food too. its a company truck, but some of the older drivers still drive 2014/2015 Cascadias

Anybody heard of TMC or work for them? It's a flatbed trucking company. I completed Swift's training program and quit after I got my CDL. I applied to just about everywhere and these people called. They start out at $0.40 cents a mile and goes up to $0.46 after 4 years driving for them. They also have a different pay option where you get 26% profit sharing instead of paid by mile.

What should I do? Most places that have called back don't pay anywhere close to that. Should I schedule an orientation?

Start investing young. Even investing $100 a week and keeping up with the S&P 500 can make you worth millions by the time you retire.

>mfw if I ever see a Swift trained rookie driver driving flatbed

Out in the midwest you'll see truck washouts for things like bull racks, then it's mainly to blast all the animal shit out of the trailer.

might as well ask some questions while im lurking. 6 months from my 21st birthday, been wanting to drive otr since i was 18, wanderlust really bad, love driving, hate being stuck in one spot. i *might* have some voc rehab grants lined up to pay for school at sage, just seeing who has experience with sage as far as how the school is. currently management at a small dealership, make decent money but i fucking hate it. read all the links, lurk'd on truckers report for months. i guess just shoot me some little things that would be nice to know. hoping to start school first week of january.

Holy shit that seems low what does that come out to like $10 a hour

Getting your CDL tips:

Go to a community college or tech school. Most private schools have ancient equipment and poor standards of training. I've toured the private schools in my home state for my little Brother and all of the instructors were stuck in the 80s. He went to a community college and it costed $5,000, but he only had to pay $1,500 after workforce agency and fafsa grants.

You can go for a company school but they'll usually want you to drive for them to pay it back, so make sure you choose a good company.

You'll have no job finding a job once you get your CDL. Even company job postings that say they want experience would probably hire you, if it isn't something like dedicated, flatbed, HazMat, etc. Just general OTR you should get hired anywhere these days.

I'm in Montana, the only other school option I have is in Missoula, about 500 miles from me. Sage will cost me $4911 including hazmat and all endorsements but passenger. The trucks they have for training are:
85 white freightliner
93 pete
04 pete
05 and 06 freightshaker
I have only heard horror stories of company schools, any recommendations for a good company school? i have only talked to one instructor at Sage and he seemed like a smart easy to work with dude, im going to a job fair that they have on thursday to see who may hire me fresh out. i have heard crazy ranges on general otr for pay from 10 to 50 CPM. I have no expenses, my house is paid for and my roommates pay all the bills, so it doesn't concern me, I just don't wanna work for free even if I can.
is CRE really as much of a shitshow as everyone claims? i heard if you dont do swifts school and apply to them with a CDL in hand its not too bad, but honestly information for newbies on specifics is all over the board.
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Had a friend drive for them and some things he told me:

Staffed by a lot of ex-military and it's the reason it's known as Truckers Marine Corps. Very controlling environment.

Truck MUST be washed every week. You'll get constant shit about it and end up spending a lot of hours sitting in line at the the Blue Beacon.

Strong emphasis on overnighting at the receiver. If you don't make it for any reason at all you get shit for it. Not even for weekends/34's You were expected to have a full clock every time you finished unloading.

That said, runs were timed closely. Too often he didn't even have time for a pee break or he wasn't going to make it to the receiver.

Runs were usually only 1 day. IE: take on a load, drive to the receiver about 600mi away, unload, get loaded nearby. Repeat. This meant near constant tarping duties.

Everything got tarped. Everything.

Drove 2005 and 2007 Pete 379's. They had 700,000-950,000 miles on them then. I still see them all the time and those trucks must be pushing 2 million miles by now. Lots of breakdowns for my friend.

Just got to the CDL in 1 day things they are only like ~$600 shekels they also guarantee a pass

You won't see $0.50 unless you have years of experience driving tankers or flat bed.

I would expect anywhere from $0.30 to $0.36. Just drive your ass off and don't bitch about loads or home time. Nothing I can't stand more is faggots who voluntarily get into the OTR biz then complain they aren't home every day. Go kill yourself now if you're that type of person.

***LIFTGATE AND INSIDE DELIVERY REQUIRED***
***DO NOT BREAK DOWN OR STACK UPON***
***DELIVER NLT MONDAY 10-4-16***
PALLET CONTENTS:
BUTTHURT 1pc
(48x40x52 - 800lbs)

no desire to even be back home. i wanna go hard otr and push 550-600 miles/day, reset in a different state every week, and send money back to fix up my house, maybe buy some rentals, etc. I don't wanna be in billings unless I absolutely have to. 30 a mile i would be more than happy with. i wanna be a paid tourist until im 30, make paper, see the country, know the roads like the back of my hand.

How can you even drive a truck there during rush hour? It's hard to even cross the street.

That's what I did for about 6 years before I got a dedicated account and bought a house. I get upset when I don't get my weekends off but I don't complain to every trucker I see about it. I can't stand those idiots.

Pay per mile is really meaningless though. It all depends on your relationship with your planner. You could have a good planner where you're both on the same page and have pre plans every trip and make a solid 3k miles a week, or you could have a shitty one that doesn't even get you 2k miles a week. That's probably one of the most important things is a solid relationship with your planner. Don't be an ass kisser. Just treat them like you would your parent's friends.

OIC

SP500 gets blown out any time the US economy slows down. if you invested in 2007 i'd take you 5 years to get your money back.

You don't invest just once. You make periodic contributions and it averages down. I've been putting $500 a month into SPY since 2006.

Do people get paid for illegal miles they run?

I've been trucking OTR for almost 2 years and have refused to do anything illegal, but I know that most companies will have their drivers run illegal miles past hours to meet deadlines. Do the drivers get paid for these extra miles? I refuse to do anything that will get me in trouble with DOT. And I record all of my conversations so if they want to fire me over it, I'll see them in court. So I hope you guys are getting paid for running past your hours? if you're not then you're a huge cuck.